Post Thanks / Like

Gsi

Bought the car in august for a run about in the winter while my gt turbo was off the road. Iv always liked the gsi's and you rarely see clean examples these days. Also bought it with intentions of eventually Let'ing it.

It was in reasonable condition when I bought it but I wanted it to be pristine.

Here's a few pics before I starter throwing money at it

On my mates pick up going for it's restoration

The paint work was really flat, bonnet was rusty with a few bubbles here and there round the window seals and on the boot. Had a large crack on the windscreen.

It's since then had a new bonnet/boot. (de wiper) New oe Gsi windscreen. All new window seals. New arch/skirt clips. New number plates, grill badge. New Gsi16v badges. Original indicators. New wing mirrors. Petrol cap seal. And a full shoot with a fair few coats of paint. Also bought some alessio's, got them powdercoated at romax and fitted 4 new 195 45 16 Yokohama s drives

Still got loads on the to do list. Get some coilovers and a 300mil omp wheel next

Benj.

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gsi

my bro used to own a corsa gsi many moons ago, was a great little car never missed a beat.
    i see you have plane to c20let the car but if you want a few more ponies for now then get one of the uprated inlets off ebay, if you dont already know lotus helped develop this engine and vauxhall had to restrict its power by fitting one of the worst inlets ever. the uprated inlets have been proven many times to give in between 10-20bhp.

Post Thanks / Like

Love it mate! Looks awesome after the work, and the alessios looks great too, I used to have a set on my nova Sri a long time ago lol. Great work fella

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Benj, your collection of Minty OE Cars sure is growing with this GSI!

Little bit unloved the GSI compared with the following the Nova had? Great to see one being semi restored & looking as lovely as this!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluntyR5GTT View Post
    my bro used to own a corsa gsi many moons ago, was a great little car never missed a beat.
    i see you have plane to c20let the car but if you want a few more ponies for now then get one of the uprated inlets off ebay, if you dont already know lotus helped develop this engine and vauxhall had to restrict its power by fitting one of the worst inlets ever. the uprated inlets have been proven many times to give in between 10-20bhp.
    Alright mate. Yeh iv herd about that. Is it only the early engines that were built by lotus? Wanting it to be round the 300brake mark eventually

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andyturbo! View Post
    Love it mate! Looks awesome after the work, and the alessios looks great too, I used to have a set on my nova Sri a long time ago lol. Great work fella
    Cheers mate, yeh alessios looks mint on novas!

Post Thanks / Like

I like, you have put the right rims on to, good job, i just cant help looking at your gt next to it though.

I will have to have a run down to scumersland and have a moasy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    Wow Benj, your collection of Minty OE Cars sure is growing with this GSI!

Little bit unloved the GSI compared with the following the Nova had? Great to see one being semi restored & looking as lovely as this!
    Cheers steve. I was wanting to buy a cav turbo but couldn't find one at the time so bought the corsa. The cars solid underneath so I'm quite pleased with it

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic. Loved these back in the day. They speedline wheels still look good now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    I like, you have put the right rims on to, good job, i just cant help looking at your gt next to it though.

I will have to have a run down to scumersland and have a moasy
    Cheers Phil, yeh the speedlines are probs the best wheels for these. I wanted to put the cav 4x4 wheels on but it's a faf on changing the hubs.

No probs mate wouldn't mind seeing yours

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CROOKSTON View Post
    Fantastic. Loved these back in the day. They speedline wheels still look good now.
    Thanks mate

Post Thanks / Like

nice an clean example...

i seen a nice black astra gsi today,always had a soft spot for those.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i allways thought they looked chav as ya like but its a good example...dig on the seats....i once had a sofa in that design...., god im ancient