Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

eBay, you are not going to believe this!!!

I need to vent somewhere and many of you members use eBay so here is the heads up! The long and short of it is I sold a Phase 1 wing mirror sent it, the buyer now says it not the one he won. I only had one Phase 1 wing mirror in stock! He will not take a refund and has threatened to leave negative feedback. ebay will do nothing about it.

I spent over hour taking to ebay! To top it off they cut me of because I asked if they would wait while I honoured our falling and remembered our dead. Please take the time to read this.

Isabelle Valentez
    Welcome to Live Help, my name is Isabelle. How may I be of assistance?

mike
    Hi I need some advice having trouble with a buyer

Isabelle Valentez
    Please state the issue you are having.

mike
    He brought an item from me and now he is saying the item that arrived isn't what he brought but it is as I only had one of those items.

Isabelle Valentez
    Has the buyer opened the case for this item?

mike
    No just emailed me but I want to know what to do, I have said if he isn't happy please return it for a refund

Isabelle Valentez
    Yes if the buyer needs a refund and you are ready to refund the buyer then you may go ahead with this.

mike
    what if he is trying to get this item for free?

mike
    I don't want bad feedback left knowing I have sent him the correct item

Isabelle Valentez
    But make sure you refund the buyer only after they returnt he item to you.

Isabelle Valentez
    For the safe way of doing this you may ask the buyerto file the case to return the item at eBay Resolution centre.

Isabelle Valentez
    I recommend you to proceed through the eBay Resolution centre as it will be then recorded with proof at eBay.

mike
    I don't think he will return the item as I sent it to a UK address and it looks like he has had it forwarded to Bulgaria

Isabelle Valentez
    You may offer this once to the buyer if he does not return the item then you need not refund him.

mike
    but what if he then leaves bad feedback?
    Isabelle Valentez
    You may write back to us we will review the feedback for the removal.

mike
    Yes but you don't remove untrue feedback

Isabelle Valentez
    For that there is a different department, they will review it and then remove the feedbacks.

mike
    But they don't.

Isabelle Valentez
    I recommend you to write back to us if the buyer leaves negative feedback. Or you may contact us through Live Chat

Isabelle Valentez
    We will surely review the feedback.

mike
    I don't think ebay look after the sellers very well

Isabelle Valentez
    We value all the sellers.

Isabelle Valentez
    I assure we will look at the feedback for the removal in every possible way.

mike
    but you don't that is how I ended up with my one bad feedback, it was not true what happened there and ebay didn't remove my feedback

Isabelle Valentez
    May be this time the scenario is different and the feedback might be removed.

Isabelle Valentez
    we cannot say this untill the buyer gives you negative feedback.

mike
    see

mike
    ebay has got this wrong. the seller plays by the rulkes the buyer wants a free item all they have to do is leave bad feedback them they get their way. Not fair

Isabelle Valentez
    I can see that you have mentioned no returns accepted for this item.

Isabelle Valentez
    it might be the strongest point to remove the negative feedback if the buyer says that the seller disagreed to refund.

mike
    ok I will see

Isabelle Valentez
    Is there anything else I can help you with today?

mike
    So I offer the refund but what if he wants me to pay extra money to send it from bulgaria to the Uk?

Isabelle Valentez
    That needs to be discussed between you and the buyer.

mike
    can you please read my mesages from him and you will see now he wants me to refund all costs. What do I do?

mike
    This isn't fair. I have sent the correct item, it isn't damaged what do I do?

Isabelle Valentez
    In order to resolve your issue, I will connect you to the appropriate department. Would that be fine?

mike
    TYes please

Isabelle Valentez
    Has transferred you toiana B.

Diana B.
    Thank you for contacting eBay live help my name is Diana. Please give me a moment to review what you've discussed with the previous representative.

mike
    Thanks

Diana B.
    Just to clarify, you're concerned regarding the item you sold. Am I correct?

mike
    yes

Diana B.
    Can I have the item number please?

mike
    ok

mike

mike
    buyer svetliobg

mike
    it is the same item I sent that he won

Diana B.
    Thank you for the information Barbara. Please bear with me for a few moments while I investigate this for you.

mike
    I think he is trying to get this item for free

Diana B.
    Thank you for patiently waiting, Barabara. I've reviewed the information you have provided and can see that the buyer already paid for the item.

Diana B.
    May I ask, what the buyer wants to happen now?

mike
    He says the item I have sent isn't the one he won but it is. He wants me to refund the mirror inc costs or send another but I don't have another that was the only one, please read my inbox messages from him. I have offered a refund if he sends the item back but don't want bad feedback as I have done nothing wrong.

Diana B.
    I see. Right now, in order to resolve this issue you have to contact the buyer and have an agreement.

mike
    how

Diana B.
    With regard to you concern on sending a refund, the decision is on your own discretion.

Diana B.
    Okay, Barbara. I'd be happy to provide you the steps on how you can request for your buyer's contact details so you can get in touch with them.

Diana B.
    Here's how to request their phone number:

Diana B.
    1. Click 'Advanced Search' at the top of any eBay page.

2. Click 'Find Contact Information' in the box on the left.

3. Enter the seller's user ID and the item number.

4. Click the 'Search' button.

Diana B.
    We'll send an email with the buyer's contact information to your registered email address. At the same time, we'll also send the buyer your contact information. This is to maintain trust and fairness among eBay members.

mike
    I am already in contact with him did you not read the above

mike
    I can see where this is going I am going to end up out of pocket or with bad feedback.

Diana B.
    I see. Did the buyer leave a negative feedback?

mike
    have you not read what has been going on?

mike
    No he hasn't but he will if he doesn't get his way

Diana B.
    Alright. Since you are willing to give the buyer a refund, you may have an agreement with them.

Diana B.
    Because eBay is not involved in the actual transaction between Buyers and Sellers we have no control over:

mike
    please read this last message he has threatened me with negative feedback. Please help.

mike
    Dear mike,

About £5: You send the mirror to a middleman transport agency in London, which taxed me £1 for transporting it from London to Sofia, Bulgaria. May be it was mistake to use middleman, but it's done already.
    But that is not your concern.

Once again, it's financially unfavourable for me to send it back to you for refund...
    I'll take it anyway, but you'll get a negative feedback for the difference...
    I recommend you for future auctions to use real photos of items you're actually selling in the specific auction!
    More than 1 photo would be nice too!

- svetliobg

Diana B.
    whether a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction

mike
    Again please help me!

mike
    Hello are you there can you help me?

Diana B.
    Just to make sure, your concern now is that you are not willing to sen a refund and at the same time you don't want the buyer to leave a negative feedback. Did I get you correctly?

mike
    I am happy to give a refund but he will not send the item back please read the above!

mike
    Dear mike,

About £5: You send the mirror to a middleman transport agency in London, which taxed me £1 for transporting it from London to Sofia, Bulgaria. May be it was mistake to use middleman, but it's done already.
    But that is not your concern.

Once again, it's financially unfavourable for me to send it back to you for refund...
    I recommend you for future auctions to use real photos of items you're actually selling in the specific auction!
    More than 1 photo would be nice too!

- svetliobg

mike
    What do I do?

mike
    Hello are you there?

Diana B.
    yes I'm here.

mike
    Ok, so what do I do now he has threatened me in writing with negative feedback even though I have offered a refund

Diana B.
    I suggest that before you send a refund, make sure that the buyer returned the item.

mike
    he isn't going to return the item and is going to leave negative feedback what do I do?

mike
    again please read the following from the buyer

mike

mike
    Please help me what do I do in this situation? I have done nothing wrong!

Diana B.
    If the issue can’t be resolved by talking to the buyer and they then go on to leave unfair Feedback for you, it tends to be easy to spot- especially if the majority of your feedback is positive.

mike
    what?

Diana B.
    If the Feedback doesn’t fit our Feedback removal criteria, you do have the right to reply to the comment.

mike
    So you are going to let him leave me negative feedback when I have done nothing wrong?

mike
    so I refer to an earlier comment from me

mike
    I can see where this is going I am going to end up out of pocket or with bad feedback.

mike
    How is this fair?

Diana B.
    No. As I've said earlier, the decision on sending a refund is on your own discretion. Just make sure that before you send a refund, the buyer already returned the item.

mike
    but what about the negative feedback which is a lie

mike
    please note I said or not and

Diana B.
    Now, if the buyer didn't return the item and leaves you a negative feedback you may report it to us so we can review if it fits our criteria for feedback removal.

mike
    you don't sdeem to understand

mike
    he isn't going to accept a refund and will leave negative feedback

mike
    what do I do? Please help?

mike
    this seems like no matter what I do I will be left negative feedback!

Diana B.
    That is why I suggest you to contact the buyer.

mike
    Why can ebay not support the sellers?

mike
    I have been in contact with him all morning!!!

mike
    Can you please excuse me for 5 minutes while remember our dead and observe the silence Thank You?

mike
    I will be back!

Diana B.
    Now, if you can't resolve this by talking with them and they leave a negative feedback, you may report it to us so we can review if it fits for removal.

Diana B.
    I'm afraid that we are not in a position to give our personal opinion as we want to keep a neutral position when it comes to the actual transaction between our members.

Diana B.
    I don't mean to rush you but if you're in the middle of typing please send it. I just want to make sure that you are still connected.

Diana B.
    If I don't have a response from you shortly, ill have to close chat session.

Diana B.
    As I haven't received a response for a while, it looks like you may have disconnected. Please feel free to contact Live Chat again.

Diana B.
    Thank you for using eBay and have a nice day.
    Chat Session Ended, Goodbye. (5010)

They cut me of while I was stood outside in the memorial garden at work remembering what others have done for me, so I can live the life I have.

Do these people have no sole????

South East Regional Rep soapymech's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: eBay, you are not going to believe this!!!

was diana a yank?

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soapymech View Post
    was diana a yank?
    Don't know, i was typing.

Post Thanks / Like

when you get back to her ask, it would be interesting to know.after all we observe theres come 911

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

when you get back to her ask, it would be interesting to know.after all we observe theres come 911
    Talk about kicking man when he is down. Tell him you have to take the bad feedback for something I haven't done and then cut the chat session because I want to remember!

Post Thanks / Like

bad little capitalist

Post Thanks / Like

Who the feck is Barbara?

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

eBay support are useless, same as paypal support, both of them support the buyer, whatever information you send to them they are blind to it and just say will give the buyer their money back. Luckily when I had a problem they only gave me neutral so it only showed for a little while but like they said I put a reply to it, but same as you cant leave bad feedback to the payer which is crazy when they are the only causing a lot of problems in the first place and the only way of leaving a comment on their feedback is giving them good feedback at that

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Who the feck is Barbara?
    Think thats the name under Mikes account which he was using at the time, well barbie or whatever the eBay account is.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just take the neggy feedback Mike.

Looks like this bloke in Bulgaria is having you on.

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Who the feck is Barbara?
    It is a joint account that my partner (Barbara) and I use.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Always been the same with eBay sill ain't changed to give a fair buying & selling table! had problems with cgb sending out crap parts for top money PayPal didn't do a thing same as eBay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    It is a joint account that my partner (Barbara) and I use.
    Ok. I was going to say that it didn't sound promising from the start that the Ebay helpline person was calling you that, let alone the cr8p advice they've been giving you.

Can't see any easy way out of this, apart from taking the negative feedback. You should be able to reply to whatever the Bulgarian feckwit posts, thus any future buyers who have any doubt about the -ve can at least read your side of the story as well.

This is another prime example of why I'll never entertain the idea of selling goods via Ebay to jokers abroad. There's enough of them in this country...

Post Thanks / Like

There's most Likly no one in Bulgaria. I suspect the mirror is in London.

eBay=useless
    Diana= thoughtless

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gttnutter View Post
    There's most Likly no one in Bulgaria. I suspect the mirror is in London.

eBay=useless
    Diana= thoughtless
    PayPal = careless

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see the above, ive had some terrible experiance's as an ebay seller.

I was thinking the other day , about all the other sites that have failed in the past due to the fact ebays just got such a large market it seems so damn hard to over throw.

Really it needs a massive massive push to get the car/parts sellers onto another fairier online auction site, but without a huge push it will never work, and whilst ebay remains as good as a monopoly they will always be useless when it comes to caring for customers.

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe all this hassle over a £5 wing mirror!

Post Thanks / Like

As said, write it off, take the bad feedback and just reply to his feedback.

Disgusting about the two minuite silence.

I used to sell a few records, I gave up in the end due to all the numptys out there who just try it on. I have about 400 records I still need to shift to.

Hope you sort it out mike

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I completely agree! "Disgusting about the two minuite silence."

This was the icing on the cake.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont think she understood what your where doing to be honest. And you obviously werent there to tell her. I doubt there was any more she could do other than repeat what she had allready said. They really are crap service you just end up going round in circles.

Post Thanks / Like

long as the cash is in your pocket and you have nothing to hide, what does an electronic negative sign REALLY stand for? i wouldnt be bothered about it at all because...

i sold a mark1 golf showcage for £64 on eBay (it cost me £160) but though sod it i'll honor the deal, the guy picked it up and only paid £60 with agreement he will pay the other £4 thru paypal when he gets home, he never did then he left me bad feedback AFTER i opened a case to get it returned, saying it 'skint loser, avoid like the river rat' which i thought was quite offensive, and his response to the case was 'this showcage was for a mark3 golf' so i said, 'no it isnt, i fitted it in my mark1 golf perfectly, if you want your money back i will happily collect the item from you with full refund' .... guess what he said? 'i've scrapped it', naturally i replied saying 'i wasnt born yesterday and you cant pull the wool over my eyes, nobody in there right mind will SCRAP a good confition showcage for a vehicle, knowing it can be sold on for equal value or profit, its obvious your not going to pay me what you owe, so whoo's the skint loser? thanks'

eBay's full of cocks mate, wouldnt worry about it

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

The help chat is based in Dublin Ireland, I have been told

Post Thanks / Like

I got ripped off by some prick in Portugal for 200 nicker through eBay, they always seem to be in favour of the buyer. Had the same bull**** with the live chat, about as much help as a broken down ambulance. I've since jacked in selling on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like

To disrespect the fallen imop is a disgrace and for that alone i would persue ebay for all i could.

Disgusting.

Sadly threads like this are all over the forums, Seen 12 variants of "ebay" gripes in the last 4days

Full of Tossers/chancers/and muppets is ebay.

Tell him to GF himself and be sure to leave matching feedback

Best of British Fella

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5 turbo View Post
    To disrespect the fallen imop is a disgrace and for that alone i would persue ebay for all i could.

Disgusting.

Sadly threads like this are all over the forums, Seen 12 variants of "ebay" gripes in the last 4days

Full of Tossers/chancers/and muppets is ebay.

Tell him to GF himself and be sure to leave matching feedback

Best of British Fella
    The problem is telling the genuine ebayers from the mugging ones I have met some really nice Genuine people tho eBay and had many good transactions too! but some ebayers are just on there to mug people and try and get a free item as mike has said bad times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raider_gtt View Post
    The problem is telling the genuine ebayers from the mugging ones I have met some really nice Genuine people tho eBay and had many good transactions too! but some ebayers are just on there to mug people and try and get a free item as mike has said bad times
    Agreed mate, i done some cracking transactions on there but its getting harder, esp the bull**** and lies people tell.
    My fave is "Had it years,pride and joy blah blah blah" But i want rid??Hmmmmm
    Well loved then....

Think TBH its just societys attitude in general atmo..."Im alright jack so F**k you".

People really are becoming more and more scummy imop.

Post Thanks / Like

Think TBH its just societys attitude in general atmo..."Im alright jack so F**k you".

Post Thanks / Like

Cutting you off while your paying your respects says it all really...

I have tryed running businesses on ebay, and 98% of the time everything goes fine, but every now and then theres someone that knows how to manipulate the system, and f*** it up/ get something for free..

The bottom line is there is nothing a seller can do. You can take down there personnel details, and take it to the police, courts etc, but buyers know this wont happen over a £5 wing mirror, so they take the pis!

Ebay

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

A colleague of mine runs a business that relies purely on the eBay channel for sales.

Due to the unjust negative feedback he received in the early days, he began selling across 4 accounts to spread the risk. When one gets 'knocked out' due to unfair feedback, he relies on the others and puts highly sought after product under a new account to start the cycle again.

This of course involves creating multiple email addresses, having several bank accounts etc

A lot of hassle none the less!

Most call centres get me going and true to form, this example makes for a stressful read!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed mate, i done some cracking transactions on there but its getting harder, esp the bull**** and lies people tell.
    My fave is "Had it years,pride and joy blah blah blah" But i want rid??Hmmmmm
    Well loved then....

to some buyers and sellers yea i would agree you do get a few that are f**k you im alright it just mucks it up for the gennuine poeple on there not good