Post Thanks / Like

Renault 5 GT Turbo Skeete EFi

Never thought I would be writing here but here goes...

(https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=27279) – continuing on from here

14/04/2012: Drove up to S****horpe with a flatbed truck and picked up the blue baby. 55,000 miles on the clock, Skeete body kit and EFi conversion.
    Issues: Non-runner, was advised problem with fuel relay. Sills need doing. Crack in rear bumper and some minor body work. Alloys need a VERY good clean, 1 alloy needs a refurb. Car needs a full valet (inside and out). Full service required.

16/04/2012: Looked at car properly, fuel relay and charge cooler relay are both rusted through, they work when pressed! Car turns over but does not fire. Ordered service bits.

18/04/2012: Got a text from Markey Mark, he nipped over and fitted a couple of relays I found. After a little messing around and we got the car to fire and run...
    Brakes are stuck on, wipers don’t work, engine bay needs a good tidy up. Also, if sills need to be replaced, the kit will need to come off, work done, then kit back on, happy days!

21/04/2012: Full service done (oil, oil filter, fuel filter, coolant, spark plugs). Alloys: 30 little alloy bolts per wheel (proper rusted), each bolt cost about £1.50. 120x£1.50=£180... That’s for bolts alone. Going to get some elbow grease and see if that works first.

Tomorrow i'm going to try and sort the brakes out, although Mark advises as they are 2 or 4 pot (I can’t remember) they might be expensive (as expected). Get the wipers sorted, order low temp fan switch, plus a few other bits. Car booked in for a MOT at 4pm.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault 5 GT Turbo Skeete EFi

more pic's
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see some more pics of the EFI set up. Looks like it's based on a FIAT Uno Turbo manifold?

Post Thanks / Like

Well done mate always liked this car been in the club for years but never seen it at an event.

Does look like an uno inlet I think I remember reading many years ago the the uno inlet was very close to fitting a C1J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk1-Fiat-U...#ht_500wt_1174

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Uno-T...#ht_500wt_1174

Post Thanks / Like

How much did you pay for it in the end??

Post Thanks / Like

I paid £2500 for the car... £350 for the flatbed truck, £30 for breakfast and lunch (driver and his misses). £100 for service bits, so far

Thanks for the post guys, i'll get some more pics for you.

Logg mate, once I got it running, that will change. Got plans for all the big events for this car, hopefully

I think its from an UNO but not sure, will try and get the paper work to find out.

Mechanic let me down this morning so had to cancel the MOT. Drove the car around a little and after about 10miles the exhaust fell off, well the middle and end bracket! Now on with my shoe lace Pumped up the tyres but they started eaking through the cracks, were the car has been standing for 4 years! £250 worth of rubber arriving Monday, thats not including balancing and fitting...
    Car now booked in with Markey Mark for him to work his magic

The story continues.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure this was up for sale for 6.5k years ago by a member, he also had a Clio dimma.. Same guy?

You could have some serious work on your hands of the kits coming off for repairs, but the end result will be worth it.. Body kits aren't cool these days, but these don't fall into that.. The dimma, skeete etc will always be badass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    I'm sure this was up for sale for 6.5k years ago by a member, he also had a Clio dimma.. Same guy?

You could have some serious work on your hands of the kits coming off for repairs, but the end result will be worth it.. Body kits aren't cool these days, but these don't fall into that.. The dimma, skeete etc will always be badass.

clio dimma if I am correct was a bright yellow 1.8 16v clio? I was looking into buying this renault 5 for the efi engine alone but someone beat me to it

Post Thanks / Like

Oouff its a lot of money if the sills need doing! Does look good though and tbh probably get a fair whack of money back breaking it if all goes wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

The EFI set up looks like the MBE kit they do in Europe, the ecu looks like a Clio 16v one but will double check it when see it next. I did think its an Uno turbo manifold too.

Yep the brakes are Wilwood 4-pots and are stuck solid, might be the sevo holding them on or the calipers themselves but will investigate that one.

For me might have been little pricey but fingers crossed those sills are ok, don't think they been inspected properly. If there no other major faults it should be a good runner

Post Thanks / Like

So your white gt turbo for sl%gging around a track and this for shows etc. I'm sure you'll bring it back to life.

If your really wanting to go balls out, I'd use this little firm:

http://www.voodoomotorsport.com/wheels_split_rims.htm

Who work along side this company

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Good bye mate I also have been watching this I fancied using this car to try something different well worth the price if there is not to much labour and parts needed if they are original 3 piece split rims there's is a nice few quid sitting there if you get them back to mint condition mate

Great stuff looking forward to seeing it at the meets

Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post

Yep same guy, infact he was bragging about said Clio dimma when I went up there.

I hear you abou the serious work for the kit BUT from what I have learnt, if the work is done properly and by peeps who know there sh!t, I should'nt have any probs. Just need to have a work with Mr Bank Manager first thing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gttnutter View Post
    So your white gt turbo for sl%gging around a track and this for shows etc.
    Spot on... Once the blue thing (no name as yet) is on the road, White thing will become a sprint/track car

PS, Just got the Skyline Tax and Tested last week, so got that for the weekends!

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Take the bolts out, shot / glass blast and get them zinc plated, cost you about £20.00!

Post Thanks / Like

It will look the nuts when its done, as said body kits don't work on 5's but dimma/skeete