Post Thanks / Like

Murdered e36

Hi Guys, bought this before my clio (about a month ago now) as a daily cus my 200sx was costing too much in fuel. its a 318is (1.9 16v) engine producing 140 bhp, aint a great deal but its alright on fuel so im happy

Boguht it with about 10 days MOT and 3 months tax, looked around the car and it was tidy enough apart from having crap front wings and having rusty sills, which i thought was an easy fix so i parted my cash and took it home

heres something similar to how it started off (didnt take any pics to begin with)..

after the first few days i decided to get Dave down from nottingham to weld up the sills for me, which he did an excellent job on, purchased the M3 front bumper, bonnet bra, new wings and skirts for it, lowering springs, and bid on some Borbet BS alloys.. so at this stage it was ready for its MOT

Passed its MOT with no advisorys

Then i put sidelight bulbs into the indicators to give it a 'US' look, won the Borbets and put those on..

Few weeks later i bought some coilovers cus the standard shocks hated how low it was and destroyed themselves :S so now its at the exact same height but with no knocks :P

Also had to cut the silencer out cus it was split in two and dragging on the ground :S but ssssh, hope you all like, sorry its not as comprehensive as i'd liked, but gives an idea of my kind of styling

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Murdered e36

What's been murdered?

I like e36's, in fact I have a 323ise. Not sure it's worth spending £ on modifying a four pot, although I understand the issue with fuel all too well!

Not keen on the windscreen stickers, US style lights or slamming it to the ground. If I felt the need to 'show', I'd make sure it could at least 'go'.

Each to their own.

Post Thanks / Like

murdered is a US term for basically 'blacking out' a car.. and like i said, it my daily, use it for cheapness, owes me very little, so why not modify it? guess i have an addiction and cant stop myself

plus if it needs to 'show to go' , why is the VW scene so big? as we know majority drive 'low and slow' so i guess im just following on from my VW past

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the reason why I'm less than excited is because you've brought a BMW onto a French car forum, using US terminology and VW-based modification principles. I've no problem with any of that, it's just reasonably far removed from RTOC ethos.

Don't worry, it's probably because I'm older and have grown out of cruising around in slammed cars hoping people will notice.

Here is my car. For £1000 it's been an absolute bargain, when I can afford to take it off the driveway. The only modification it would truly benefit from is an M50 manifold. Styling wise, they got it right from the factory.

Post Thanks / Like

fair cop, i just prefer my daily to look good, and a standard 318is aint pretty, whereas the clio im building is almost 100% about tuning, hence why being on RTOC

just thought i'd share my other car with you all incase anyone see's me driving around and wants to say hello

Post Thanks / Like

I think its ****in horrible lol

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car bud, E36 bm's are the jam Heres my not so daily e36, should be back on the road soon

Post Thanks / Like

You already know what i think dude..

Cheap as chips to buy
    cheap to run-ish
    cheap to insure
    fits bloody anything inside,
    goes sideways if required
    seems to just keep racking up miles without major issue!

Its just a win win win IMO of course it is indeed a awesome daily shag wagon!, and now you finally have a cheap runner you can build a renault project as a fun toy ,

thank god to the end of S13's and s14's they began to stress me out.

Post Thanks / Like

haha cheers dj, stressed me out too, so much money to maintain it was untrue! did go sideways very nicely though.. miss that..

and thats a nice lookin red e36 pal, do like! had some of those splits for my ooooollllllddddd e36, but never got them fitted, was a bit wounded cus took a big loss on them oh well live and learn

Post Thanks / Like

Heres mine

M3 GT Individual. 1 of 50 made(20 left on road)
    I love this car. So much better than a std m3. Its my daily driver, done a few mods, had it nearly 10yrs now.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My 318is is last seen in the crash barrier of the nurburgring. Now got myself an E46 328i. Maybe not so economic but still a great drive

Post Thanks / Like

not a huge fan of the green colour but the car itself looks in good condition fair play and 318is's hitting walls? surprised they have enough power to hurt themselves lol

Post Thanks / Like

328se coupe with LSD would be my next choice, if I had two dimes to rub together.

So how else do you intend to murder your low and slow e36 over the coming months Rare?

Post Thanks / Like

The colour really grows on you, i hated it when i bought it but really like it now.
    Its british racing green, the only colour the gt came in, and only available on the gt.
    Its a nice deep,dark colour almost looks black at night.

I dont like them in silver, blue... Too much of a pretty boys car to me, mine looks, purposefull lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stu21t View Post

I dont like them in silver, blue... Too much of a pretty boys car to me lol
    Hey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Hey

Haha, have you got blue or silver then? Cant see the pic on my phone, just a blue question mark in a box.

Sorry mate, lol. Silvers not too but really dont like estoril blue. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a petrol blue silver/blue colour Stu

Not silver (which I don't like either), or the rather posy Estoril. It's a gentle tone tbh, still a bit girlie though

Post Thanks / Like

Thats not too bad then lol.
    My old mans got an avus blue m3 with cream leather. It is nice being a deep blue. Estoril is purely for pretty boys lol. And it normally comes with silver leather and a grey dash/carpet/plastics... That just doesnt look as good as black.

I had a techno violet evo cab and that had Grey interior/leather so i swapped it all for black, dash/carpet/plastics all included and it was much better.
    Last edited by stu21t; 11-10-2011 at 13:43.

Post Thanks / Like

not doing anything else to it, cba spending anymore, stands me at around £900 so gonna keep it at that, cept tax in coming months.. all my moneys going towards my c1j now

and my fav colour e36 has to be that pale yellow. dont know why but love them

Post Thanks / Like

The car has cost you £900 all in? Inc buying it plus wheels, suspension, bumper etc?

Fair play

Post Thanks / Like

Thats not too bad then lol.
    My old mans got an avus blue m3 with cream leather. It is nice being a deep blue. Estoril is purely for pretty boys lol. And it normally comes with silver leather and a grey dash/carpet/plastics... That just doesnt look as good as black.

I had a techno violet evo cab and that had Grey interior/leather so i swapped it all for black, dash/carpet/plastics all included and it was much better.
    Hang on here, i had an estoril blue M3 Evo, loved the colour and i'm about as pretty as a welders bench!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, just waiting on a cam chain tensioner cus its rattling like a ...rattlesnake? (lol) one of the reasons it owes me very little is cus a lot of friends have these so spares like body panels were cheap as chips, and the wheels were a bargain off eBay, tires come off my friends part worn business @ £20 a corner, just happened to be good makes, then made money on selling the old wheels etc. jobs a good un

Post Thanks / Like

Heres mine

M3 GT Individual. 1 of 50 made(20 left on road)
    I love this car. So much better than a std m3. Its my daily driver, done a few mods, had it nearly 10yrs now.

I STILL HAD YOU!!! LOL I rememeber killing my Turbo 2 trying to get away from this! roundabout after roundabout it was so much fun, then we hit the motorway and Stu just vanished!!!!

Still love the colour and the car, think its the only M3 I'd ever want!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^ Nice car stu, love the gt m3's in green. Imola red ones are pretty bad ass too

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody hell. Moggy, how are you mate? Long time no see.
    Yea that was fun, especially when you and N were in it with me in paris lol.
    I remember 1 corner when you were screamin at me to slow down and i didnt know y, its cos u didnt know you were in a car meant to handle lol.
    Oh and stoppin on the wrong side of the traffic lights lol.

Its quite a bit quicker now too :-)

And funny how u say its the only m3 youd want, a lot of people say that. Lol

And rs250, the red "gt2" isnt actually a gt, officially its just an evo individual, its a std car just in slightly different trim (colour, spoilers, leather thats it, mechanically its std!) Bmw dont call them a gt, the owners do lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Stu, which one of these is yours bud?

http://www.m3gtregister.com/m3gt_uk.html They are all the same colour then, smart. And based on the 3.0l. Is there a difference in power to the standard model?

Have to say, I'd only have the wheels back in silver. I love the look otherwise.

That's a good website that register. Has all the limited editions, specs etc

Post Thanks / Like

Mines 10/50
    Id had it 5 yrs or so back when i registered it then, and put soon to b for sale, as i was buying a house.
    Kept the car and got the house too in the end lol.

Engine is based on a 3.0l with different cams, map, throttle body length(im unconvinced tho) increased compression and twin oil pickup.

Mines got a bit more than that as i bought it with a blown engine so added some more to the mix when i rebuilt it.

Its also got a different diff ratio so it accelerates quicker, but tops out at just under 180 lol.

It makes a big difference. Im yet to find another m3 quicker, modded or std lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

the e36 broke down today (unfortunatly when i was picking a renault 5 engine up).. scrapyard in the ski it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Wot happens dude? was a wicked looking beemer that for the money

Post Thanks / Like

think its only somthing silly.. tdc/camshaft sensor, just lost spark..

but for the past week hes been looking for somthing to build into a dedicated drifter, so i believe hes going to break this bmw to have plenty of spares aswell as the coilovers/wheels etc for his next one.. The chaintensioner etcs been rattling for a long while now aswell.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good mate tel him to get a thread going on here for it