Post Thanks / Like

Raider re paint

As above, Ive pulled my raider to bits and repaired,re done fixings, re sealed, smoothed, prepped and and primed underneath and outside with shuts included BUT.... I'm in 2 minds in what colour it's goin to go, either stay themed with the stock 449 raider blue with the proppa amount of pearl unlike many others I've seen, or do a complete colour change all together I work in a body shop and bro in law runs a paint company.so no worry on that front. Only external mod is exhaust cut out has been smoothed as I run a side exit, what u peeps think on what way to go. Just a simple reply with colour will do please thanks tomtom

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raider re paint

In my mind I will say change it to another colour too many raiders round here. But don't ruin the raider though and keep it original as does look nice. Has mine enough pearl colouring for you?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

youd be crazy to change it. Raider blue all the way

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

why not raider blue but with a different colour pearl, that way its still a raider but with a twist

Post Thanks / Like

standard raider blue!, these cars are fast becoming very rare and you will kick yourself if you repaint the whole thing in the wrong colour.

Post Thanks / Like

Paint it the original colour, i'd love a Raider

Post Thanks / Like

A raider should 110% always be painted in the original colour...

Post Thanks / Like

People feeling strongly with the oe colour, the colour ain't easy to get right, the colour it was b4 was spot on with a decent amount of purple pearl in it, sisters firm have been sending spray out samples but I ain't happy so far, (bit anal with colours being right)lol also, I have a set of turbines which I've refurbed pukka along with the centres and locking key!but not painted either yet,lol what colour/colours to do them if I stay oe? thank you for yr opinions tho people, food for thought y'no..lol

Post Thanks / Like

There are several variants of Raider Blue. Only one has the purple 'flip' to it I think - It's definitely the nicest though

Post Thanks / Like

The paint on this raider has a really nice purple to it. It'd be a shame to drift away from it, so I say get as close to the colour it is Tom

Post Thanks / Like

We've found 11 in total which are identified as Renault 449, from different paint suppliers of course, lol the one with the purple pearl is the right shade/variant for a raider I believe anyway. Other variants don't look right on them. And mr gtnutter yr baby is gona lovely when I have done it, just have the welding done at the mo, testing the water in what people's opinions are so don't panic mr mannering!!Lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

paint the rims up in the same style as the raider wheels. Would look the tits

Post Thanks / Like

Well I think we have cracked it colour wise, shame today there's been no sunshine, but under other light it looks like we have the purple pearl in the paint mix I've been handed. Fingers crossed.lol rims wise blue inserts, with brilliant silver for the rest I reakon unless I find a set of Williams wheels.