Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone

First post!

Hi everyone!

Already know a few of you from the RTOC days i've attended with DJINUK, and always always adored the renault 5 GTT, however ive just started a new job and dont wanna blow it all on a 5 straight away, but fancied a change from my usual Drift cars so started looking at c1j engined vehicles..and DJ managed to find a decent one nearby My real name is Matt, im 23, live in Swadlincote Derbyshire (yeah its a ****hole but its my ****hole) and ive recently purchased a Clio GTT Conversion

Im not gonna bull**** and say i know everything about everything cus i honestly dont, i've had boosted cars in the past, both FWD and RWD, and ive had carb'd cars too, but never anything like a c1j engine, so i dont really know a great deal about them, other than what DJ has spoken about, so yeah, im pretty much useless right now haha

The car is a K reg, non sunroof model, in black, with a totally standard GTT lump, alternators dead but the gals ex boyfriend (arron with a white 5 GTT in notts) has one i can have (very nice of him) to get it up and running again

It has been stood for a little while so has no MOT or tax, got a smashed passenger side window and door locks mangled from an attempted break in, and needs a bit of welding, so its basically gonna be a project for a little while... with the great help and expertise of some good mates, and tuning from DJ to aim for around 170 BHP (i hope) on the standard T2 turbocharger, but a larger FMIC, and some DIY carb tuning

Anyway, im taking collection of it a little later on tonight, so i will try and start a build thread and update it when its had progress, and in the meantime heres a couple of my past cars..(ive had a lot)

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi everyone

Welcome mate look forward to seeing it on the road again. Dropped of the alternator and bits this morning

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

love yoooooou gonna get yup there for about 7 ill keep in touch man, get yo ass to the RR day in chester! its actually rather good

Post Thanks / Like

Will see if I have spare cash mate

Post Thanks / Like

welcome

Post Thanks / Like

NIce to know you share car parts as well as your birds!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the boards mate.. check the articles in the (articles section at the top) .. read up lots and lots of the carb tuning areas.. Also might be worth buying a service kit off the club shop , that way YOU can rebuild the carb and learn a bit about it.. it will also give us a better starting point for getting reliable power from it ..
    Look foward to getting my hands dirty on it

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome along Rare Bear!!

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    NIce to know you share car parts as well as your birds!
    that made absolutely no sense to me, but were all friends here and sharing's caring

might just do that DJ, prob order it on friday, those coilovers for the BMW have crippled my paypal and dented my bank balance so might let it rest for a few more days..

and if i was a Bear, i'd be the kinda Bear that gets raped by all the other Bears cus im thin and really weak lmfao

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club