Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the Old Girl Out

Hi, just thought I would share this. Got my Cossie out the other day, gave her a clean, took a picture. I then went to the Bakers to pick up a roll for lunch while in there some reversed into my car and drove off. My heart sunk. I hardly ever bring this car out.
    Damage as follows:- Broken bumper mount, marked the front bumper, stress cracks in passenger's side front arch and a small crack in the grill.
    I have a witness who got the license plate, just need the Police to get their address for me. Anyone know how to get an address from a reg?

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got the Old Girl Out

mike i officially hate you now haha, you have prob my most favorite car of all time there.

hope you get the people that reversed into you that would be punishable by a severe beating in my world

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly one of my all time favourite cars of all time..... and a moonstone RS500 as well.. rare as funk!!

Dude, the biggest amount of respect is due

Post Thanks / Like

......and if you ever get hold of the a*rsehole muddafugger that caused the damage you are well within your rights too remove a limb of your choice using the bluntest of objects to hand

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, if your going knocking on doors i'll gladly watch your back. Awesome car, a real shame that people can do this and not have the conscience to leave their details. What is this country coming to

Did those rings arrive?

Post Thanks / Like

gutted for you buddy. hope it all comes good in the end

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have a friend in the Police who can look up an address from a reg for me?

Thanks
    Mike

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, have you reported the accident to the police & insurance company?

Do you have the witness name and address? As the police may need that...

You can get the owners info from the police & your insurance company should be able to assist you as well...

Also once you have a police ref number you can write a letter to the DVLA asking for the registered keepers address... Whether or not they give it to you is a different matter... But just make it clear you want to know the address so you can send them the invoice for damages... Legally you dont need to go through insurance companies, so you should be able to get the registered keepers address from the dvla once you have a police reference number...

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Mike, have you reported the accident to the police & insurance company?

Do you have the witness name and address? As the police may need that...

You can get the owners info from the police & your insurance company should be able to assist you as well...

Also once you have a police ref number you can write a letter to the DVLA asking for the registered keepers address... Whether or not they give it to you is a different matter... But just make it clear you want to know the address so you can send them the invoice for damages... Legally you dont need to go through insurance companies, so you should be able to get the registered keepers address from the dvla once you have a police reference number...
    Hi Chris, yes I have the witness' name and address. I have been to the Police and they can confirm the car that hit me is small and red and that they have insurance but they wouldn't give me their address, not sure why.

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

small and red ? it wasnt a 5gtt was it

seriously mate hope you sort this asap

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    Hi Chris, yes I have the witness' name and address. I have been to the Police and they can confirm the car that hit me is small and red and that they have insurance but they wouldn't give me their address, not sure why.
    i assume your car is insured with under a traders policy with a stupidly high excess... Otherwise your bext to claim through your own insurance company, they can get the owners info and chase him up & even take the case to court (you have a witness, is there any paint on your car from the other car, if so ask the police to get forensics involved)

If you dont want to go through your insurance company, you will have to write/call DVlA & see if you can get the address, i dont see why this cant happen as you have good reason & a police ref number...

You can ask you insurance company to assist you, with out actually making a claim if you have legal cover etc... But i dont know the cost involved.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Some women dragged her car along mums Clio 182, all we had was a contact number and reg, the lady said she'd pay for her friend to fix it and wouldn't give her details. There's no way I'd let her mate fix mums 4 year old 182 by her mate for 50 quid. Rang mums insurance, gave them the cars reg and said it was silver and they sorted it out. We charged a car to then at £150 a day for near 2 weeks, then the repairs.

Feck em...

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. Yes I do have traders and a high excess. I also have a separate policy for this car with an agreed valve. The problem, is making a claim now a days it seems to make no difference a claim is a claim even if you are in the right. I wasn't even in the car, it was parked with the alarm on. Yes there is red paint on the car and the police told me to leave it. As wanted to try and clean the car before anyone saw it looking like this.

I have been looking into accident management companies who do all the work if you are in the right. So will give them a call on Tuesday.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike pm me the reg number I know a few coppers that may be able to help. Thats devestating matey looked amazing when I followed you to the unit went like a trooper n all hope you can catch the cnut that did it

Post Thanks / Like

Im sure the dvla can give the details out as long as you can prove it is for a hit and run and insurance related.

Non-member old skool turbo power's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, just thought I would share this. Got my Cossie out the other day, gave her a clean, took a picture. I then went to the Bakers to pick up a roll for lunch while in there some reversed into my car and drove off. My heart sunk. I hardly ever bring this car out.
    Damage as follows:- Broken bumper mount, marked the front bumper, stress cracks in passenger's side front arch and a small crack in the grill.
    I have a witness who got the license plate, just need the Police to get their address for me. Anyone know how to get an address from a reg?

Thanks
    Mike
    mike you just taking the mick now what a nice car and i must admit i do like the old cosworth esp the serria.a simmilar thing had happend to me before but if you phone up the insurance and tell them what happened and that you had the reg number they (should) follow it up as you had given them the car reg.plus you had some one who seen it with there details as well so you should be ok.very lucky there mate minior damage but still.....
    a mate i know happened to him in his van and lets just say he gave it him back after a little phone call...........................re spray id guess

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear that man, some people are unbelieveable..

My boss got a new car at work, , within 3 days he had scuffs all down the side.. he decided to check cctv at work and indeed it was somebody he works with..

He approached them and they denied it.. dispite the fact on the cctv you see them go up and look at a the damage before then moving there car to another space!.. (obviously didnt know about the cctv).

After showing her it, she then said he husband will come POLISH it out.. hence he asked me to come asses the damage.. i had to explain to her that polish wont put paint onto a car!!..

In the end she finally after a lot of pushing decided she would admit and pay the cost! ..

Crazy!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

...it seems to make no difference a claim is a claim even if you are in the right. I wasn't even in the car, it was parked with the alarm on.

You are right there Mike, insurance companies will increase the premium even if it was no fault, nothing to do with you. It is really annoying and not fair at all.

The rise in people causing accidents for injury claims and the fact that insurance companies statistically link no fault incidents with an increased chance of an own fault claims are the reasons they give.

A number of years ago, I had a similar experience in a car park stationary when someone drove into the back of me. The driver claimed I reversed into him! 4 years later, about 40 letters, small claims court in front of a judge I finally cleared this incident from my insurance and got paid out! What I never got back was the increased premiums I paid every year for five years for having to admit to a no fault incident.

Try to do your own investigations and hand over as much info to the police/insurance company as you can.

Post Thanks / Like

aww man i really feel for you, that is a truely awesome car, im buying a 3door rs when im back from afghan. i hope you find the little dog turd who did this!