Post Thanks / Like

Subaru Impreza Wrx

Hello just bought one of these, 55 plate, its a 5 door wagon on 42 000 miles and properly mint. I prefer the looks to the saloon with the ghey spoilher. Anyway im rambling, whats the best owners club to join?

My R5 is more fun tbh, but its got potential

Just want to know where to start with it really.
    If anyone knows when the cambelt needs changing on them would be ideal.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by wrightygtt; 24-08-2011 at 23:16.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Subaru Impreza Wrx

My mate used scoobynet alot when he had his.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good

wagons grow on you!i never used to like them but now i love them!!

if you get on scoobynet they should have a link to the smaller scooby groups i your area.

if you pull the rad out there is loads of room for doing the belts.
    easy job.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers guys, just joined that site. Yeh Ive never been a fan of any Subaru to be honest, but I was painting/ repairing the front bumper on it for a dealer I do work for and for the price and full service history, had to have it. I like the wagon because it isnt so in your face imo.

Just going to lwer it a touch because its like a tractor and paint the wheels dark grey for now and leave it at that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrightygtt View Post
    Ive never been a fan of any Subaru to be honest,

il have it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Let me collect it first haha, get it Saturday.

Oh and id still have my five over it any day of the week, when its running

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a classic turbo 2000 which as rebuilt by API 30,000 miles ago.............utter toss, thought they were the best thing since slice bread............CRAP!

scoobys just dont go like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrp8fg3q3Ds

and there is a clio 172 killing one on there too!

belts are ever 30,000 miles and can be done in a hour, you dont change idlers or pullys just the belt, unless the bearings are shot in stuff, theres about 8 lol

honestly you pull the intercooler off if its a top mount???? and think "wheres the rest of the engine!" god its small!

any one want a classic £800 take it away!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice,must be one of the last bug eyes on a 55 plate Mines a WRX SL on a 55 & its the 2.5 Hawkeye (the best shape lol )

I joined SIDC when I got mine, good bunch on there, you also get 10% off from most subaru dealers if your a payed member as well.

If its got a full Subaru history then the cambelt should have been done already mate, its 5yrs or 50K. You should have also had the pully kit fitted at the same time as well, £200 for the kit, but no extra labour. Thats what I had when mine was done. Woth it for the piece of mind.

Cracking cars stright out of the box. Not the fastest thing out there, but not slow & they are great whatever the weather as well. I bought mine a just over a year old with 4K on the clock. Its done 44K now & other than sevicing & consumables (tyres/brakes) all that had gone wrong is a light bulb. I did have the rear struts changed under warrenty ( they start to knock, very common issue).

If you are going to lower it & don't want to spend a fortune on coilovers, then get some prodrive springs as they are suited to the standard damper setup. Thats what I have.

Post Thanks / Like

This has little relation to do with a stock wagon apart from the fact it was an import wagon...

I had a customer come in on Monday, who I haven't seen for a few years, but got on quite well with. One of his freinds in South London just finished ''building'' his with an apparent 700bhp+ engine. The guy that owns the car likes track days and considered entering the novice Time Attack series. The scrutineers told him the car is so quick the only class he can enter is the pro class as it's that quick. I guess it goes to show they have potential.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
    Nice,must be one of the last bug eyes on a 55 plate Mines a WRX SL on a 55 & its the 2.5 Hawkeye (the best shape lol )

I joined SIDC when I got mine, good bunch on there, you also get 10% off from most subaru dealers if your a payed member as well.

If its got a full Subaru history then the cambelt should have been done already mate, its 5yrs or 50K. You should have also had the pully kit fitted at the same time as well, £200 for the kit, but no extra labour. Thats what I had when mine was done. Woth it for the piece of mind.

Cracking cars stright out of the box. Not the fastest thing out there, but not slow & they are great whatever the weather as well. I bought mine a just over a year old with 4K on the clock. Its done 44K now & other than sevicing & consumables (tyres/brakes) all that had gone wrong is a light bulb. I did have the rear struts changed under warrenty ( they start to knock, very common issue).

If you are going to lower it & don't want to spend a fortune on coilovers, then get some prodrive springs as they are suited to the standard damper setup. Thats what I have.
    ----------------------------------

Thanks for that bud. Good info, I do like those Hawkeyes I must admit! Bit out of my price range. Ahh man I saw a black wagon yesterday, lowered with black rims, I leaked a bit lol.. Dunno whats a matter with me, there common and u see them often but I think I might be hooked already. Cant wait to get it!

AND Razz the absolute ****e outta it lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Well got it, probably does two miles to the gallon but fcuk me it does go!! Doesn't matter what gear your in, it still pulls like a train.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

they are very good all round cars my mate who owns gt motorsport has a 510bhp sti and my god is that thing insane. never been a big fan of them as im a big cosworth fan but they certainly are a great value performance motor

Post Thanks / Like

Miss my classic shape wrx wagon, with a little bit of tweeking was quite a weapon at 1.3bar. Those only downer was the brakes, i think my gt turbo brakes are better.

Post Thanks / Like

Ai mate what i do like about mine is i can just jump in it with out fear of anything going wrong, helps i got 2 years warranty with mine though. Unlike the five when i never really trust it tbh especially on long journeys. Guess thats half the fun i guess.
    Does look the bollox when clean i must admit

Post Thanks / Like

Sold mine this january after 7 years of ownership.

never got used really.. a machine on the b roads and track work but was a pain doing short runs.. warm up and parking became a pain along with 15 to 20 mpg..

so to save a bit of cash i got a megane....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam L View Post
    This has little relation to do with a stock wagon apart from the fact it was an import wagon...

I had a customer come in on Monday, who I haven't seen for a few years, but got on quite well with. One of his freinds in South London just finished ''building'' his with an apparent 700bhp+ engine. The guy that owns the car likes track days and considered entering the novice Time Attack series. The scrutineers told him the car is so quick the only class he can enter is the pro class as it's that quick. I guess it goes to show they have potential.
    average bhp builld on these is 500bhp to 600bhp. this is the norm. it very easy to extract this with surpporting mods now.

average time attack pro and club pro bhp is 600 to 800 bhp as roger clarks gobstopper is..

Post Thanks / Like

I love blowing the doors off standard wrx's in the van decent cars though mate, lots of potential if you put a few ££ in and can copewith the mpg.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a go at an sti the other day in my gt and he did not bite, i used to love scooby hunting back in the evo day