Post Thanks / Like

Airport parking/accommodation/transfers

Right. We have now booked our holiday to Cuba leaving on the 14th January from fackin' Gatwick. The last time I departed from Gatwick I was in a hire car with two mates and we parked at the airport, but this time we would like to stay overnight the day before at a place where we can park our car for 14/15 days and get a transfer to the airport. Does anyone have any good recommendations in the Gatwick area? Years ago I stayed at a place called the Russ Hill Hotel with my parents but since reading reviews on Trip Advisor it doesn't fill me with confidence to stay here again! Unless anyone has stayed there recently that has anything to say about it?

Boom ting!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Airport parking/accommodation/transfers

Hilton's nice.... or is that Heathrow? well if there a hilton there, do it... its got an undercover walkway direct to the airport.

what'd you go for in the end?

Post Thanks / Like

We decided on the Hotel Amigo Varadero in...Varadero http://www.supercubatravel.com/hotel...CTCUBCAVarader Got it for £650 after a bit of haggling which isn't bad for two weeks AI. Can't wait now, it's gonna be a slow 2 months

I'll have a look at the Hilton and see what the costs are like there, although I bet it will be a fair old whack.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, I may be able to sort out your parking in Gatwick, we have a site there and our guys often whack them some cash towards the Xmas party in exchange for dumping their cars there whilst they go off on holiday. Will have a word in the morning and let you know

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers for the offer Dawn, much appreciated, but we ended up booking that Russ Hill place in the end. With it being nigh on £70 for 15 days parking with one night stay we couldn't really turn it down, especially as my parents have used it a few times in the past with no problems whatsoever. We will just have to wait and see though as long as we can sleep for one night (not as if I care though) and leave the car somewhere safe for when we get back I'm happy.