Post Thanks / Like

Supurrrb Taxi......

Well after selling my 5 a while back i have managed to buy my own taxi and have been giving it a few tweeks.

it does stand out from the rest of the taxis on the taxi rank and im quite pleased with it but obviously its not for everyone, but as im now 5less i thought id play with this being my new toy and work horse.

the only thing left to do is to lower it and also get some tailor made seat covers made.

i may get it remapped to 170bhp. as its the 130bhp model (1.9tdi) but as its a taxi i may just leave it as it is.

As it is for the moment i have -
    fitted a subtle rear spoiler,
    fitted a de-badged front grill,
    and ive managed to get a set of 19x8.5fronts and 19x9.5rears Merc AMG rims on there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Supurrrb Taxi......

Nice Raj!

With the new grill it looks like a Passat and I have to say, it looks very well indeed.

Just take off the rear badges, lower it a wee bit (as you say) and change the wheel centre caps to delete the Merc badges somehow and you're looking absolutely sweet

Post Thanks / Like

As a taxi all those mods i;d recommend against, but as a car to look at looks great, plus the skodas the better car out of the bunch.

Big wheels low profile tyres only gonna wear out all those ball joints quicker.
    Plus tyre costs.
    Just something to think about, sorry for being negative

Post Thanks / Like

Front mount intercooler, big turbo and re-map, all messing around aside nice taxi mate

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the rear, are Passat rear clusters a direct fit to the Skoda?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    As a taxi all those mods i;d recommend against, but as a car to look at looks great, plus the skodas the better car out of the bunch.

Big wheels low profile tyres only gonna wear out all those ball joints quicker.
    Plus tyre costs.
    Just something to think about, sorry for being negative
    I know exactly what youre saying mate, but you have to think.. this is my work horse and also my new toy.

yes tyres will cost more but i never buy new,i go for good quality part worns.

and yes youre not wrong about the balljoints which the supurrrb has a feck load of.

but hey good maintenance is all part and parcel of running a safe taxi and im always on top if that

regarding the merc centre caps, im unsure how i can change them as the merc emblem is not simply stuck to the face of the center cap..it is part of the whole center cap which slots into the rim.

and im also tying to find a carbon fibre skoda badge for the tailgate as well ad the center caps.

but hey its my new toy for the next 3years until i have to renew the car, hope you all like it but i know its not to everyones taste.

will update on the interior when i get some tailored designed seat covers made and when ive lowered it with springs. the springs wont get it to how low id like it but its cheaper than a set of coilovers and they'l do the job as at the end of the day it is only a taxi... which i do try to look after

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Looking at the rear, are Passat rear clusters a direct fit to the Skoda?
    ive thought that myself, but i dont want to make the car too much more passatish. its a skoda supurrrb at the end of the day and in my personal opinion is far better than the equivelant passat as its actually bigger, skoda stretched it by 10" i think and it definately shows from sitting it the car... its fecking huge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    Front mount intercooler, big turbo and re-map, all messing around aside nice taxi mate
    id love to do that but its one thing i wont be doing as after all it is only a taxi. but a 170bhp remap i may think about.

the only thing thats letting it down for me is the ride height it needs to be on coilovers but
    they are far too expensive for a good reputable brand so will have to go not as low with a set of eibach lowering springs.

Post Thanks / Like

The skodas are by far the comfier car to drive also, much nicer drive than the passat or audi.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious about putting coilovers on your taxi.... what's the old lady going to say when you pick her up from Sainsburys as she's bouncing all over the place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elcie View Post
    Are you serious about putting coilovers on your taxi.... what's the old lady going to say when you pick her up from Sainsburys as she's bouncing all over the place.
    lol, ive been thinking about this and i think im going to stick with the std shock/spring setup as its such a nice drive as it is.
    i know it looks like its on stilts but hey it is a taxi.
    i may in the future stick some slightly stiffer shocks and lowering springs, but its not a priority.

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

get it on juice / air,

Post Thanks / Like

I think its great your doing that to a taxi dude :P.

its a shame as rare on here had a set of 3 peice splits with tyres that he let go for £350 i think.. They were 99% the exact same as the amg merc splits, would of looked great on this.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit of a travesty when 19" wheels aren't filling the arches?!

Looks like you could get some 22's in there?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    It's a bit of a travesty when 19" wheels aren't filling the arches?!

Looks like you could get some 22's in there?!
    lol, but you've got to remember, these superbs are jacked up as std, they are alot higher than the equivalent passat, a6 etc.

i dont think ill lower it until it retires as a taxi in 2014. and only then,, if i keep it ill slam it

Post Thanks / Like

its a taxi.....you need NEONS!!!!!! .....or have the roof lining done like the 'cash cab'