Pity about the boost control, 148mph is easy 9's

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st Oct - Saturday Night Special at Santa Pod

Quote Originally Posted by Rob@Backyardracing View Post
    Fair nuff then

What was the 60ft then?

Pity about the boost control, 148mph is easy 9's
    Boost control working well rob, I went back to the old 1.1 bar springs and just pulled some timing out of 1st gear instead. I kept the 3 port MAC setup which is working fine with the bigger springs. Just took 3 or 4 runs of logging to get it set right.

I didn't bother collecting that last ticket, just going off seat of the pants and what the other guys said. Might of been a PB, if only the shafts had turned up last week instead of mid week

Post Thanks / Like

Oh sorry, not paying attention.
    So the 148 pass was the one with a slow gear change?
    Then you blew the cv after that I take it

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

yes rob, big lag in 2nd gear because of the duff shift, 10.6 @ 148. Boost was dropping off a little at 7500rpm so I put another bit of duty in at top to flatten it out. The day cooled by the time I had sat in the que so was hoping for good things, but it wasn't to be.

Fingers crossed for good weather at flame and thunder.

Post Thanks / Like

Was a cracking day even though i didn't stay till the end, due to the car not making it due to turbo issue i was little disheartened to stay the full day.

Well done to Turbo Ted (Robbie) on beating his personal best and good terminal too

Cracking terminal Scoff, shame i missed seeing that.

Post Thanks / Like

well done scoff for breaking more shafts lol well done to turbo ted car,s getting better each time out

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

another great day at Santa Pod, I wasn't feeling too good myself I have the flu and my reaction times were very bad, however the car was feeling fine!!
    Managed two 11.2 runs one at 124.7 mph at 2 o clock, at very high temps, never felt it so hot at pod, not even @ RTOC frog at the pod day.
    the second 11.2 run was at 8pm temperatures and track were perfect felt like a much better run, trap speed was up to 128mph even with my boost pipe popping off the throttle body flat out in 4th gear before i went under the line.
    Did one more run after that at 8.55pm and snapped the drive shafts see for yourself in the links below.
    had a great day with all the RTOCs that turned up.
    thanks for all the positive comments from everyone and special thanks to scoff for mapping my car and getting it into the low 11's see you next at flame and thunder!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b88OaKU4IhY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oic5GUiWsIM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOq-xwDW-fw

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Massive shame about the drive shaft Scoff, looked like it was going to be a storming run! I see the sparks from the grandstand when the shaft went, also noticed it jumped up on the drivers side Hopeully the new ones are going to be much better.

My first run was crap, 2.3 60' Then my next run felt like I had a missfire, so i checked to plugs etc and all seemed fine, but think it was the early signs of what was to come.. So I look some gas out and went for another run, felt nice and strong so i hit the 2nd stage of gas, got to 7k in 4th and felt it loose power managed an 11.3 with a 1.96 60' s0 not bad.. By the time i got back to the pits my car looked like a steam train lol.. Not sure what's happend yet, but suspect the standard head gasket has failed, finally I'll get it apart tomorrow and check it out.

Glenn thanks for the number too, I didn't get a chance to see you before you went.

Was good to catch up with everyone too.

Post Thanks / Like

holy moly! you boys no how to do it big style! wish i would of come to this.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say,, i attended without my 5! :P ,,, and was nice to meet Scoff. Good guy well done on your times, also nice meeting a couple of other guys that were with you but ddnt catch their names,, other than Glen... I dno whos that sirrocco was,, but that was awesome! And the jet engined Drag car !!

Turbo ted... I was looking for you wen your car was parked up but i couldnt find you. Apparently you were stuffing your face lol. Then i thought about it,, and i think half recognised you wen i ran in the cafe but my mind was elsewhere

Bit quite i thought tho. I dont really go much, so maybe its js like that lol

oh and Mark,, thanks for the directions lol

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

slim, good to meet you mate, and the other rtocers that said hello during the day.

robbie, welcome to the "renault just won't do" club !! where did they break ? if they've broke on the groove that the CV boot sits in then this seems to be the weakest spot. Glenn did some like that, so did I, I've welded mine and his around this groove to stop that happening. The next weekest is the outer spline. I weld the outer to the inner at this point too. But I've also broke the lugs out of the CV cup and yesterday it shattered the 3 finger spider bit that houses the bearings.

I'll let you know how much work is involved fitting the 172 hubs and CV's.