Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

f7 pistons

who is it that says u cant run alot of boost on modified std pistons? why is it that u can run 20 psi on a std gt piston yet no one will on a f7, has any one ever blown or know or a f7p/r engine that blown to bits and at what boost?

or is it every one douts renaults build quality and spends the 800 on rods and pistons lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: f7 pistons

I had Scoff machine some standard F7P pistons down by 1.9mm, I think he said CR would be somewhere around 8.5:1, he seemed to think the rods & pistons would be quite happy @ 20 psi on the right set up.
    I will be testing this
    Others have also said they would prob be fine, just not on a generic BB tuning 'chip'
    Standard F7P CR is 10.1 so a bit high for alot of boost....

Post Thanks / Like

Boost from what turbo? Its not boost that will fcuk the pistons its pure power/cylinder pressure that will ruin the ring lands or det. As far as comp ratios go 10.1 is not to high for forced induction.................. use some decent fuel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    Boost from what turbo? Its not boost that will fcuk the pistons its pure power/cylinder pressure that will ruin the ring lands or det. As far as comp ratios go 10.1 is not to high for forced induction.................. use some decent fuel
    Yeah, yeah honda boy..