Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

does a gt radiator really cool a f7????

Going to be ordering one of these fully alloy radiators as soon as I have enough input off people on here, do I buy a c1j rad which mounts great but I feel is on the small side or do I buy a f7 rad which is 40 quid more and not really give me any more cooling, what have people used on there conversions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: does a gt radiator really cool a f7????

I think turbo ted uses an alloy GTT one but I am pretty sure to get it to fit with the inlet manifold he had to drop the lower mounting beam on the subframe a few inches, that may have been more for his intercooler though now I think about it.
    I tried a pace oversized & it wouldn't fit at all, it was to tall.
    The standard F7P jobbie does ok though with a couple of new holes drilled for the mounting lugs & I know James runs a standard F7P one.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently going through ebay sizing up all the radiators off other cars a honda civic rad is half the price but is a smaller core to the f7 rad........might help with the manifold?

Post Thanks / Like

I would fit the biggest you can fit - measure it up and get a custom one made. Cant see it been that much more expensive to get a decent one made to your requirments over an uprated alloy version off a GT etc etc

Also having a decent core in their will make a difference, they are not all the same

You may ned to do a bit of haggling but would expect £200ish would get you exactly what you want

Also dont overlook ducting / cowling to the rad and the air getting away from the rad after - makes a bigger difference than you would think

DG

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

spooky was raving about the honda rads at pod.....

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the standard valver rad and fan on my f7p turbo 5 and have no complaints at all fits in nicely and gives enough clearance for the inlet manifold and temps seem fine but does sit higher on the gtt dash gauge I assume down to the valver sensors etc..

Post Thanks / Like

dont these engines run hotter than a c1j anyway like most modern engines do, there fore require less cooling. i use gtt alloy rad for b18ft and it fits well. civic rads are tiny if they can cool one of those gtt one is ample surley.

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a standard rad for a 1998 plate 1.2 16v mk2 Clio, it's what I'm using, fits under the manifold, wider than a gtt job and the outlets are right where u need them and best of all it's fairly cheap, 45quid ftw

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

GTT radiator might work OK on a nasp, but turbocharged and these engines get hot quickly, so bigger the better I'd say

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

its 550mm by 450mm ive got to play with
    im changing my water pipework i want to use a two pipe headertank instead of the 3 pipe one so it comes out the block through the rad into the stat housing out into the heater matrix and into the headertank............the small pipe on the stat housing is to go the through the turbo and to the top of the headertank
    im hoping for a engine gearbox only look in the bay im doing away with the crappy oil/water plate and moving the oil filter so i can actually get to it

Post Thanks / Like