Post Thanks / Like

standalone flywheel issues

On another forum someone has just flagged due to the standard clio 1.8 16v flywheel I can not run standalone management and have to run a clio 172 one?

Can anyone confirm this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: standalone flywheel issues

I think you can use a volvo 440 200mm though IIRC Rich... or was that on the C1J, brain is like a sieve these days
    If not a 215mm may be better anyway for what you want to do... I thought you were going custom though ?

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes rich, 172/182 is preferable, or later Volvo as Steve says, You need the 60 tooth pattern on the flywheel. Or, you at least need to cut the "double" filled teeth (2 of, 180° apart) into 2 seperate teeh. Swapping the flywheel is the better option though. I have some 172 flywheels kicking about if you need one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    I think you can use a volvo 440 200mm though IIRC Rich... or was that on the C1J, brain is like a sieve these days
    If not a 215mm may be better anyway for what you want to do... I thought you were going custom though ?
    not custom flywheel but have it lightened, balanced and also made to take the clutch when I have decided what one to go for.

Chris if you could let me know how many pennies you want for it that would be brilliant

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the f7r 710 (megan) flywheel has a different pattern than the other's which I think the megans is 60-2 due to the dizzyless head

Honorary Member Bruce - BHPerformance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If that is the case I have a couple of megane flywheels and maybe thats why I don't remember changing the flywheel on the F7R Megane lump I put in Phatty.