Post Thanks / Like

1st trackday today in the gt turbo

Just got back from croft, i had a great day, the car had a few problems. I have a pipe plumbed from the oil breather into a catch can, it was basically filling it with oil and overflowing. Not sure what my options are with this, it was not just oil, it was more creamy looking. Also had a problem with the header tank filling up with what looks like chocolate milkshake, no oil or nothing its just pulling all the crap out of the water system and bubbling up in the header.

The brakes were fantastic, to good if there is such a thing, it was my tyres letting me down, i bought some team dynamic pro race from ebay and the had some budget tyres, durans or something, anyway i was not going to push to hard just have some fun so the plan was just to kill them then buy some toyos.

I was limited to 11psi because of the over boost on the ecu, so with 16psi and some good tyres the car would have been alot faster.

Had a great day anyway, my brother and my mate were flying round, i should hold my head in shame they were 15 seconds faster than me all good fun though and a good chance to give the car a bit of stick.

Its only done 900 miles of pretty much to and from work with a polish in between.

We have some good photos so i will get them up soon.

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st trackday today in the gt turbo

NIce one mate, shame about your problems...

Sounds like you've got issues if your getting oil in your water. I had exactly the same problem on the way to POD last weekend. Did you find that it was running hotter than normal?

I thought mine was an issue with the turbo core but it turned out to be an issue with the built in oil cooler in the radiator.

One tip that might help is once you've cured the issue chuck a dishwasher tablet in your header tank and go for a drive... it'll clean all the residue out Jaffa does have a use

Post Thanks / Like

If theres ever been radseal or alike in the sytem they can end up causing a horrible throthy rubbish in the tank, if its oil it will be pretty obvious. creamy breather isnt a problem, breathing enough to over fill your catch tank may be tho. compression test will show any major wear.

Post Thanks / Like

the oil in the header tank will stop ........just pour it back into the engine.............ive had it on new engines... its like milshake its just frothed oil.....it will stop....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eugein Offord View Post
    the oil in the header tank will stop ........just pour it back into the engine.............ive had it on new engines... its like milshake its just frothed oil.....it will stop....
    Note to self... Never try one of Eugine's Milkshakes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    Note to self... Never try one of Eugine's Milkshakes!
    Yeh, Id heard they bring all the boys to the yard...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys the header tank looked like chocolate milkshake, no oil just a build up off rusty crap i pulled through.

just checked this morning and no gearbox oil leaks to, woho

Just need to sort my catch can problem out. The oil in the car is fine if i check the dipstick so dont think anything is mixing. Its basically looks like trothed up oil, it looked like a late , can i just plum it straight back into the sump somehow. Would it be best to do away with the catch can all together.

On the b18 engines on the original system the oil breather did pipe off somewhere but i can not remember, maybe haz or someone will comment.

Im getting some pictures today so i will get them up

Post Thanks / Like

Pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

more

Post Thanks / Like