Post Thanks / Like

Ebay bargain

Bought this yesterday, drove back from Broadstairs to Sussex no problem, lovely to drive as well, interior is near mint !
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ebay bargain

Thats a good find, seem that the price of these cars are going up when trying to find a decent condition one. Just hope its not got the ABS on there, else if your doing a turbo conversion on there remove it very quickily before you find yourself with no brakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Thats a good find, seem that the price of these cars are going up when trying to find a decent condition one. Just hope its not got the ABS on there, else if your doing a turbo conversion on there remove it very quickily before you find yourself with no brakes.
    It does have abs, has a bosch unit & not the usual bendix that fails ( well it's different to my old ph1 & the early ph2 I looked at)
    Why do I need to remove it if doing a turbo conversion ?

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    It does have abs, has a bosch unit & not the usual bendix that fails ( well it's different to my old ph1 & the early ph2 I looked at)
    Why do I need to remove it if doing a turbo conversion ?

think he mean't it's a very common thing to go wrong and with the extra power your going to need brakes and he was just saying remove it now before it's to late

Post Thanks / Like

The one which fails. My K reg one failed, I thought it was the later model which fails rather than from the phase 1/ early phase 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    think he mean't it's a very common thing to go wrong and with the extra power your going to need brakes and he was just saying remove it now before it's to late
    Plus having to change over the complete braking system up front its easier without an engine in place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Plus having to change over the complete braking system up front its easier without an engine in place.
    I thought it was the early ones for some reason. Well if it fails I'll take the lump out & remove it & replace the lines.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was the early ones for some reason. Well if it fails I'll take the lump out & remove it & replace the lines.
    It is the Bendix ones either way, like you say you have the bosch setup

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to do now as the 19 is in really good shape, I reckon it wants to stay standard & unmolested really..

So do I turbo the 19, fix the Raider up & sell it with an F7P, or do I re-fit the C1J & sell it ??

Or tart up the small bits on the 19 & re sell it & keep going with the Raider ?

Answers on a postcard please

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to do now as the 19 is in really good shape, I reckon it wants to stay standard & unmolested really..

So do I turbo the 19, fix the Raider up & sell it with an F7P, or do I re-fit the C1J & sell it ??

Or tart up the small bits on the 19 & re sell it & keep going with the Raider ?

Answers on a postcard please

I would say turbo the 19 as you know engine runs nice but then the 19 isn't as good looking as the 5 although the 19 is mint and only 46k and the leather still smells like and new and looks like new within sell it on. Seems a waste for all the work you have done on the 5 to give up on it now, come on matey you can do it we have both had loads or problems recently I am still not sure mine is going to work ok when I finish putting it back together again. Plus my other half said the 19 looked like you were the curry delivery man
    Last edited by James5; 22-06-2011 at 09:17.

Post Thanks / Like

we need to get more 5 on the road
    come on you can do it put it back on the road..