Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Big rev counter

Alright fellas. Im a bit stuck with this rev counter, like most it has live, switched live, signal wire and earth. Ive put live and switched live together and connected to the red wire in the clock plug. Ive connected the signal to the white wire in the bottom plug on the Aei unit (which was an absolute c**t to do) and connected earth to the metal block under steering wheel (is this ok?).
    That seems to me as if I have done everything right but it now does not work at all I test fitted the lives and earth quickly before I started and the gauge is fully functional. Any helps? Thanking you

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big rev counter

The earth should be fine, you can always check it by getting a meter and testing a known live source and the earth you've used...

As for the signal, when i done mine I used the wire that went to the rev counter on my original clocks.. This wire is brown and is on the far right hand side black plug that connects to the back of the clocks (as you look at it in the drivers seat).. It's the 6th pin in, left to right counting..

Hope that helps.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big rev counter

Ta Dave, I switched lives to the yellow in clock plug and it works now Only prob is that the shift light doesnt work... GAH! Took it apart and its just a chunky led so have to purchase one and solder it on. Anyone recommend any bulbs?
    Cheers.