East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re 11 Turbo Radiator

Need new radiator for my recently bought phase 1 11 turbo, GSF cant get them and didnt want to spend silly money on one? no way im gonna put old leaky one back on and a bottle of K-seal! Any ideas where's best to get one at reasonable price?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re 11 Turbo Radiator

Can you stick a 5 one in there??? Or any for that matter. 11 stuff is so rare, it may be best looking at retro fit stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Get the original refurbished?? the r5gtt rad will fit but my old 11t used to run canny hot with it....the bigger 11t rad is best.

Post Thanks / Like

Oil cooler lines on opposite side on gtt rad. Have taken old unit to radiator repair place, they said cores are strange size and couldnt get them best buy new unit. Place in Newcastle can re-core 100 to do plus carriage both ways

Post Thanks / Like

Just got second hand rad, all fine apart from there is no small outlet on top right hand side and thermostat on front rather than back. Not fussed about thermostat, just the spare pipe i have coming from water pump, only thin pipe of fuel pipe thickness. Shall I just block it off?! Could it be rad off a 9 turbo and not an 11 turbo?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    Just got second hand rad, all fine apart from there is no small outlet on top right hand side and thermostat on front rather than back. Not fussed about thermostat, just the spare pipe i have coming from water pump, only thin pipe of fuel pipe thickness. Shall I just block it off?! Could it be rad off a 9 turbo and not an 11 turbo?
    Does your rad have the fittings for the oil cooler?

I think that's a radiator for a Phase 2 which had a different cooling circuit & didn't need the small outlet on the top of the rad. That outlet was the return to the expansion bottle.

Your best bet would be to tee in that pipe to the return to the expansion bottle

Post Thanks / Like

Probably just get away with blocking off the small pipe, if it didnt have it on the old rad. I had a 11t rad with the fan switch on the front on a ph1, was that long ago cant remember if it had a small outlet or not??
    Last edited by Brigsy; 22-06-2011 at 18:24.

Post Thanks / Like

19 16v ?????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Rad does have fittings for oil cooler, oil cooler on right hand side of rad if looking to front of car. I have just bought a phase 2 rad which is different cooling system to phase 1. Only hoses on expansion tank is on bottom, and that small return that goes to top of rad.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    Rad does have fittings for oil cooler, oil cooler on right hand side of rad if looking to front of car. I have just bought a phase 2 rad which is different cooling system to phase 1. Only hoses on expansion tank is on bottom, and that small return that goes to top of rad.
    Did you get a brand new one?

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, got second hand one from guy in Fife that breaks them. Have got a mate to take both rads to rad place to pull them apart, re-con some parts and make one good one I hope...

Post Thanks / Like

Got rad back yesterday, put it on, ran it up and no leaks! all good!!!! next up welding, and MOT time