Post Thanks / Like

A big favor from a yorkshire member

I have sourced some forged pistons for my F7P, short story is:
    bidding on ebay, got outbid with 1 sec to go thought what the hell, messaged the seller to say if he was messed about I'll take them. Seller messaged me back a few days later says was a messer & I can have them, fair enough I think, send me your paypal... can't do it as it's not working can I send a chq or PO.. ok, alarm bells start ringing a bit but message back, where are you I'll pick up.. Scarborough, couldn't get much further from me really I ask if I can have them picked up COC he sends me his address & says fine, when as he'll make sure his girlfriend is in.
    Now he could be genuine, but I wasn't going to risk sending cash,chq etc. as there is no chance of getting my cash back if it goes tits up..so...

Is there a member that is close to Eastfield thats willing to go & pick them up if I paypal THEM the cash to give to the guy & a drink on top for thier troubles ?
    They need to have a quick look over the pistons to make sure they are there & the correct ones so need to have a little savvy as well

Let me know if you can help

Steve

Leeds & South Yorkshire Area Rep
    Loose Bolts Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A big favor from a yorkshire member

i think stu clark lived out that way but is he still a member, i would pick em up for but i dont know what i am looking at and its 160 mile journey there and back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    i think stu clark lived out that way but is he still a member, i would pick em up for but i dont know what i am looking at and its 160 mile journey there and back
    They are brand new wossner pistons with rings & pins still in the boxes, not to hard to look over really but I didn't want someone going a picking up a box & then finding it's full of half bricks or something
    160 mile round trip 600 for me though

Post Thanks / Like

I live about 5 miles from robbo. Id take a ride out to the coast if you covered the petrol money. Im busy this coming weekend though so it'd have to be the weekend after if you were still bothered?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about an hr away from Scarborough mate...could get down in the next couple of weeks if you slip me a few quid for diesel

Post Thanks / Like

I live Leeds/Bradford border. Its a pity that Will and Steevio left the club as their home town is Pickering.

Could ask Richie and Kirsty Russell (i.e. based Selby)?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellow RTOC members , I'll message him & see if he can wait till next week/ weekend for pick up & then maybe arrange something with one of you thats free. Shame there isn't someone closer as it's a fair trip for most of you
    I'm actually in Wakefield on that weekend but unfortunatly someone else is driving & it's a busy weekend so no time to go across .

Leeds & South Yorkshire Area Rep
    Loose Bolts Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=1007. this guy aint a million miles away

Post Thanks / Like

It's ok, he now says the guy on ebay has made a payment... can't see how when he said the paypal account wasn't working .
    I insisted on a money request stating what it was for etc. through paypal in the end, he said he had to use his brothers account, sends money request, 10-20 mins later he texts saying he's checked his ebay & the other guy had paid... hmmmm.... glad I'm not so trusting in these situations.
    He could have been genuine but it was just to dogy for me to pay right away.

Thanks to all that said they would help though

Post Thanks / Like

Glad things turned out

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ive only just seen this post but i would have gone for you mate its only 20miles from my lasses house