Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What a top day

Quote Originally Posted by bod 182 View Post
    Great day good to catch up with some old friends weather was great some hairy moments on track new layout was better than i thought.i have video footage on track thanks to the blue nova and the pug 106 for testing my brakes luckily i know what a racing line is
    Yo Bod,

You got the video uploaded yet?

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

right...dont know where to start....big thanks to all for the effort that went into such an amazing...yet again day...firstly it was great to see so many friends!!!!...ive not for ages` and make quite a few new ones....the weather was ace..i prayed for that after last year..., i must say i loved the new layout!!!!, it had been 10months since drivivng the cup....or the old coal burner as brigsy named it... and i must say it didnt dissapoint me....it may not be the fastest car out there and i may not be the best driver but to be hooning it round mallory again in a 5 gave ole jesus such a buzz again!!!!, i did give some folks a passenger ride, paul b, dale {yep we ran out of fuel on track....doh}, alice {markey b`s partner} and clee , whomb with his new found hair i have decided to call dad!!!..... to mention a few.
    The car managed to stay together despite the odd spin... and i must say well done to kris m and billy jay and crew for getting there cups there too!!!!
    i must add a big thankyou to all of those whomb brought parts up for me....i need a bigger house...
    lastly i must stress on how surprised yet chuffed i was to win an award...., best in show for the cup car...i must say i thought i was hearing things but i did feel a sense of pride and it made all the trailering the car around , looking after it etc all worth it!!!, thanks guys!!!
    on a final note ...i must say to people, you must if youve never been etc get to national day , there is some absolute corking people in this club and the events are fantastic...you wwill only experience this if you do!!!!!, well done all involved in the organisation {inc steve`s lot} and all those whomb came...i only hope a few of the people whomb passed me that i didnt know on track or in the paddock have joined the club!!!! .............jeebus.

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=312.jpg
    i quite like this pic ....
    Last edited by jesus in the seat of a 5; 05-06-2011 at 19:17.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome day, thanks to all who made it happen Really pleased to win a trophy for the van, didnt expect that at all!

Awesome crack with the usual suspects and a few new faces! Thanks for the passenger rides & jaffa for nearly making me sick in the m3, what a car

Just got back now, 100 miles on track & the trusty old big boost c1j never missed a beat. My yoko's are about knackered and £200 quids worth of fuel gone but it was well worth it, had great fun lashing the van round mallory & leaving big tyre marks out of the hairpin bend I was unsure how good the new track layout was going to be but the small chicane was great fun, had a few arse nipping understeer moments

Post Thanks / Like

Loved all the messages in your van, and watching you wheelspin out of sight after the hairpin was pretty impressive
    Very worthy of an award

Post Thanks / Like

Quality day had good fun glad the scooby held together on its first outing and reall happy with my trophy for my gtt . Thanks to all who made the day hapen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    right...dont know where to start....big thanks to all for the effort that went into such an amazing...yet again day...firstly it was great to see so many friends!!!!...ive not for ages` and make quite a few new ones....the weather was ace..i prayed for that after last year..., i must say i loved the new layout!!!!, it had been 10months since drivivng the cup....or the old coal burner as brigsy named it... and i must say it didnt dissapoint me....it may not be the fastest car out there and i may not be the best driver but to be hooning it round mallory again in a 5 gave ole jesus such a buzz again!!!!, i did give some folks a passenger ride, paul b, dale {yep we ran out of fuel on track....doh}, alice {markey b`s partner} and clee , whomb with his new found hair i have decided to call dad!!!..... to mention a few.
    The car managed to stay together despite the odd spin... and i must say well done to kris m and billy jay and crew for getting there cups there too!!!!
    i must add a big thankyou to all of those whomb brought parts up for me....i need a bigger house...
    lastly i must stress on how surprised yet chuffed i was to win an award...., best in show for the cup car...i must say i thought i was hearing things but i did feel a sense of pride and it made all the trailering the car around , looking after it etc all worth it!!!, thanks guys!!!
    on a final note ...i must say to people, you must if youve never been etc get to national day , there is some absolute corking people in this club and the events are fantastic...you wwill only experience this if you do!!!!!, well done all involved in the organisation {inc steve`s lot} and all those whomb came...i only hope a few of the people whomb passed me that i didnt know on track or in the paddock have joined the club!!!! .............jeebus.

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=312.jpg
    i quite like this pic ....

cracking Pic and felt the same from inside the car,,, awesome..
    Thanks for the laps young man, and well done for having the faith to sit in a passenger seat yourself.. praise the lord.. not a cup car I admit but not bad for a school run 4 door saloon, LOL

Scotland Regional Rep youngscottie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

well in all the years ive been going to / involved in car events this has been the best by far

800 miles 70 on track and apart from the dipstick popping out no problems

steves crew and the rtoc made this a very enjoyable day
    i may not have been the fastest by along shot(boost turned down had to drive it home) but the other drivers never intimidated us slower drivers great track maners by all

will certianly be attending more

nice to meet the members and put faces to names
    some very nice cars on show
    as the title say what a top day

only gripe was the mess that was left in the camping field
    made ourselfs look really bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluntyR5GTT View Post
    Some great track action and i bet adaml had a brown pant moment when he lost it was not much run off there.
    Haha, I think he was more upset that he had paid to have the car valeted the day before

Thanks for all the comments guys, I personally felt it went really well and this year was definitely the year I have felt most involved so I got to see a lot more of what happens in the background - more than you'd think!

Had a fantastic time myself and although was in the club shop a lot of the day, it turned out to be a great way of meeting some of the newer members so it was good fun.

The TrackAction Online guys (SteveH, James and Richard) all commented on the high levels of track etiquette from the members - I was really chuffed and proud to hear that, it is very rare to see apparently and that is coming from the Pro's.

I'm glad we moved the AGM forward, as Nick said as it seemed we got a lot more quality ideas and the productivity of it was great. I made some good notes during the meeting so in the next couple of days I'll type that all up and as a club, we can begin addressing those points and new ideas

I hope that we as the committee managed to rectify some of the issues brought up last year and that you could see some improvements in 2011.

A few personal thanks:
    Steve H/TrackAction boys: Thank you so much for the quality briefing which was a bone that was picked on in previous years - it was just what we needed. Everyone who took the tuition too raved about it, even those who thought they already knew it all.

CarCrash (Marc) - For buying me a cup of tea after feeling bad for me being in the club shop, I was actually really chuffed with that thought, thank you hun

Jaffa - For making me realise that although I'm not easily scared, that I do actually have the "scared" emotion within me - the M3 ride was an experience shall I say, really loved that so thank you!

PaulB - Guys, you may not all be aware but those keyrings that I was handing out during the day all came courtesy of PaulB and his contacts at Renault - it was very generous and I'm sure the whole club appreciate that immensely.

Everyone who helped out and were strung in to help out - things like that will always be appreciated.

The Random Bale Man - someone ran over with a hay bale on Saturday night and put it on our fire - we love you for heating us up but who are you? Speak up

Nick_K - Big thanks to Mr. Kettle for not rolling any cars this year

All that came to speak to me during the day and those that said thanks to all involved in the organisation of the day, things like that are really appreciated. I even got a special thanks from Gibbo about his mention in the Newsletter, cracked me up lol.

Sooooo many more people to thank but youy know who you are anyway

Well done to all those that won awards, Miller and Lomo judged this year and mentioned they had some trouble making decisions as there are so many quality and loved cars in the club - all trophies were well deserved.

I genuinely genuinely (genuinely) really love the group of people that we have within the club. I've got a few ideas myself of how to bring a bit more unity between the members next year to make it eeeeeeeeven better - some great stuff came from the AGM so let's put those to good use.

See you at Pod on Friday 1st July

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

This car really made me clear of my next purchase.

What westy chassis is that?

Is there enough room as STD to fit that sc?

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

It's a 2004 SEiW, the s/c does fit fine but it takes a lot of repackaging to get everything in properly.

To be honest it was pretty quick even as standard, there was very little getting past me last year on a dry trackday, maybe the odd radical but none of the GT3s etc could make it but the car felt like it could handle more power and the s/c route looked like an interesting one to go for

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

What a brilliant weekend , had a great time

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Magnificent! That was the best ND I've been to yet. Had a great little NW convoy on the way down and a supern Friday night - beers, BBQ, walk around the track and a fire - what more could you ask for!

Saturday was equally as brilliant. Really well organised track day by Steve H as usual and a huge thanks and well done to all involved with the ND in general.

Lovely to meet some new faces - Dawn and Clee in the shop, Roy, Nicky and Stu who randomly turned up about midnight on Friday with a huuuuge "ciggy"!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else getting withdrawal symptoms another year till the next ND

Post Thanks / Like

Our convoy managed to hit a humpback bridge at around50-60, all 4 wheels left the ground after i got over the shock i wanted to go back and do it again lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, as already mentioned i had a really good weekend, despite the fact that the bottom end let go on the old cup car.....Still was a cracking day and nights events

Post Thanks / Like

i heard the cup car, i do feel for you, but your not the only one, my rings gave in too,they gave in a few weeks ago but the track finished them off, i had to run pretty much no boost round track, still went well as a 1.4 with no compression i think i breathed about 4 litres on the day, just poured it back in to the engine.

Post Thanks / Like

uploaded my vids on the tube

theres 16 of them so just link of this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FkBuACCGxk

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    It's a 2004 SEiW, the s/c does fit fine but it takes a lot of repackaging to get everything in properly.

To be honest it was pretty quick even as standard, there was very little getting past me last year on a dry trackday, maybe the odd radical but none of the GT3s etc could make it but the car felt like it could handle more power and the s/c route looked like an interesting one to go for
    I bet it was! My plan is to use the nova xe lump initially. I think it's around 180 bhp but it's running lower comp due to being setup to run nos. I took the bottle out on sat as never use it.

Does the wide one have a wider track and engine compartment?

Always thought it was heavier and didn't handle as well. Yours was crazy fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Its really nice to see the National Day complete it's 9th year of existence and dare I say it Mallory really is a great little venue! It left me and the soon to be wife discussing the purchase of a possible track car most of the way home yesterday. It will have to wait although we agreed on a possible car

The work that goes in to one of these days is tremendous and Miller, Dawn, Clee and the Track Action Boys need to be applauded! Top job lads & ladies!

It was nice to see the familiar faces and be able to put some more names to faces. The Club is very web based so getting out and meeting the people is a lovely bonus! More people should try it !

I was also slightly disappointed with the number of Renault turbos there, especially GTT's. It seems far to many of them are off the road and in need of repair, and because of this, and a great little chat with Ollie and TNT Andy, Im hoping to use the Area Reps a little more to help members out in getting them back on the road in time for major events. I myself had a weekend where some members came over and helped me get the old girl back on the road and because of this I was able to attend my first major event in the GTT in over 3 years!

I also agree with some of the comments in this thread regarding things on the day and will be discussing it for next years event. A little but of constructive criticism can often be a good thing!

Jesus, it was about time that little car of yours was recognised for what it is and for everything it stands for! A deserved winner! I was following you in Pete's Clio and my god that little car of yours shifts! It was a beautiful thing to watch!

Brigsy's van was also a deserved winner as it's just fantastic! Ingenious indeed!

All in all a great great weekend and with a little bit of work, the 10th birthday of the National Day next year promises to be a cracker!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!

what a refreshing change this thread is after previous years moaning

strange that we had less people turn up this year and i would say a far greater variety of cars yet it seems the majority loved this years event.

Post Thanks / Like

This was my second ever national day, however the first @ mallory park which i thought was fantastic... even got out as a passanger in some stupidly quick cars which was an amazing experience Cracking group of peeps & a pleasure to be around ...

I was completely made up with my car winning "Best Original Car 2011" wasnt expecting that at all, but just topped off an amazing weekend

I have to say though my missus isnt too happy at all, as I have come back wanting a track car .... so it looks like I will be driving my 5 & the missus driving track car next year

Thanks to everyone who arranged the cracking weekend

All the best

Gibbo

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great weekend . I woke up this morning missing having slept on a hard floor with no pillows and wind thrashing at the side of my tent. A little sun burnt. It was great to meet some new faces and catch up with old friends. Many thanks to the kind people who took me out in their cars. A big thank you to all the people behind the seen that made it all happen.

Cheers
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention in my post about a certain Mr. Paul B!

Paul managed to sort the club out with over £2,000's worth of Renault Keyrings as a token from Renault for not being able to attend due to the commitment of FCS!

Top work Paul and many thanks for what you did!

A lot of people went away with a nice new Renault Keyring

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Well what a weeeeeeeeekend I had a great time and thank you to all who was involved big dan c you crack me up lol and best thing that made my weekend was I finally made it to my first mallory in my own car and to pick up two trophies as well made me feel all my hard work finally paid off

Thank you to everyone who made this a great event roll on pod

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

good evening camping chatting with the usual suspects and nice to check out the cars, on and off the track i got myself a free keyrings, thanks rtoc, dawno & paulb

i'll be at pod my gtt wont...

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BWilkie View Post
    I bet it was! My plan is to use the nova xe lump initially. I think it's around 180 bhp but it's running lower comp due to being setup to run nos. I took the bottle out on sat as never use it.

Does the wide one have a wider track and engine compartment?

Always thought it was heavier and didn't handle as well. Yours was crazy fast.
    The main reason for the wide body it that it's easier to fit in! I've been in a narrow body one today at Bedford and it's pretty tight. It would be wider track as well although as standard they are narrower at the front than the back which can make them understeer, I've got some wider arms on mine.

Overall the differences between wide and narrow are very minor compared to the differences that exist between different cars anyway. There are some very nice and some pretty awful ones out there.

Best advice I could give would be to buy a nice one that someone else has already sweated over and spent the big cash on as doing one yourself always works out a lot more expensive.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    The main reason for the wide body it that it's easier to fit in! I've been in a narrow body one today at Bedford and it's pretty tight. It would be wider track as well although as standard they are narrower at the front than the back which can make them understeer, I've got some wider arms on mine.

Overall the differences between wide and narrow are very minor compared to the differences that exist between different cars anyway. There are some very nice and some pretty awful ones out there.

Best advice I could give would be to buy a nice one that someone else has already sweated over and spent the big cash on as doing one yourself always works out a lot more expensive.
    Agreed. Defo what my plan was. Thanks for the advice mate. I also think sc is they way with a car that light. The White turbo one was quick but the torque curve made it harder to control the power it seemed. As you say though a 200+ na engine feels blooming fast any how.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant day ...we turned up in our clio gtt's at lunch time lol ...good to meet some new folk and some old faces from the year before i went to both french car show and mallory and i enjoyed mallory more!

Big thanks to markey mark for having a look at my smokey problem with my clio ..turns out my brand new turbo's sucked in something big and destroyed the compressor housing and oil seals due to a hole behind my airfilter ..and my engines breathing heavy ..possible rings so went to French car show with a N/A'd c1j so now on the lookout for a t28 and a rebuild of the bottom end is due

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REBEL GT TURBO View Post
    Well it was my first ND today and i gotta say i wasnt that impressed! Not that many cars turned out, More other cars on track than renault turbos! might as well call it any car national day! glad i went to see what happens there but not as entertaining or as friendly as i was hoping for...

Still enjoyed the drive to and from
    did u go out for a blitz on track then?

Post Thanks / Like

Well after all the moaning of late on the boards, i wasn't expecting much this year. Thankfully it turned out to be a bloody good doo, even though i didnt have my car due to repairs / upgrades. Hopefully next year i'll be on track / pod etc.

Massive thanks to the people who took me out for a blast in their cars, at one point i didn't take me helmet off as i 'car hopped'!

We ended up in the bar on Saturday night which broke the night up quite well and gave me an even worse hangover next day.

Cheers Jaffa, Andy G, StuTHC, Hasswell, and everyone else that made it a top day!

Roll on Santa Pod.

Matt

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    Well after all the moaning of late on the boards, i wasn't expecting much this year. Thankfully it turned out to be a bloody good doo, even though i didnt have my car due to repairs / upgrades. Hopefully next year i'll be on track / pod etc.

Massive thanks to the people who took me out for a blast in their cars, at one point i didn't take me helmet off as i 'car hopped'!

We ended up in the bar on Saturday night which broke the night up quite well and gave me an even worse hangover next day.

Cheers Jaffa, Andy G, StuTHC, Hasswell, and everyone else that made it a top day!

Roll on Santa Pod.

Matt
    Awsome weekend,

Great to see all you guys Jaffa is crazy

Post Thanks / Like

next year ill definetly be staying the saturday night, i think after breaking the ice on the fri evening and trackday itll be much easier to get to know people on the saturday evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andyrg View Post
    Awsome weekend,

Great to see all you guys Jaffa is crazy
    good crack on sat night m8,may see u in leeds the next time if u can drag the geordies doon ere

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    did u go out for a blitz on track then?

Nope i wish i had! will be doing at pod tho and mallory nxt year now i know how much fun it would be!

Post Thanks / Like

can i ask all you kind people , as the guys whomb were taking all the pics on the day seem to be having website problems...., did anyone get any pics of the cup car on the hairpin?....or even any exciting ones as my camera has wiped all evidence..., thanks in advance you lovely lot!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Had a really good day, there were some awsome cars on track loved the track too

was a bit rusty (lacking tallent ) myself and lacked alot of pace that i knows in the car havent driven it in anger since 2007 or thats my excuse anyway lol

top work by all the guys at rtoc!

Si

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    can i ask all you kind people , as the guys whomb were taking all the pics on the day seem to be having website problems...., did anyone get any pics of the cup car on the hairpin?....or even any exciting ones as my camera has wiped all evidence..., thanks in advance you lovely lot!!!!!!
    Hi ya, If your camera uses a 1 or 2 gig SD card I have a recovery program to "find" deleted pictures. if this helps PM me and we'll see what we can do..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul b View Post
    Hi ya, If your camera uses a 1 or 2 gig SD card I have a recovery program to "find" deleted pictures. if this helps PM me and we'll see what we can do..
    cheers paul my old friend , i may just have to do that...., i dont spose you could e mail the chap whomb took all the pics at national day for the ole holy one...my e mail is still in tablet form....., cheers paul either way...was a stonkin day just missed out piccy wise....

Post Thanks / Like

Will do tomorrow young man..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul b View Post
    Will do tomorrow young man..
    thanks paul for all your kind help..., looks like piccys are in hand, thanks for the pm`s etc...blessing a plenty making their way to you....

Post Thanks / Like

Piccies will be granted to ALL deciples of boost herewith ...

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I'd bump this thread up with the news that we are running a Trackaction-Online trackday at Oulton Park on Nov 5th with FREE places available!

There's a thread HERE so lets get some names down!

Steve H