Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

What a top day

Just thought I'd post up to say what an enjoyable day that was!

A very friendly event even to us outsiders in funny cars and a pleasure to help out on the running of the track side of things.

I guess most of you are still getting bladdered at Mallory so when you get back and recover from your hangovers please shout up with your thoughts about the day.

Steve H

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What a top day

Thanks steve it great too meet you

And thanks for all your help

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

thanks to all the people who sorted out today. steve your teams advise has been a big help. it was well worth it. i love that supercharged thing of yours.

Post Thanks / Like

was very good setup today, good info and running without it being strict and intrusive. day went very smoothly (for me anyway) and the standard of driving seemed to be very high thanks to all who soted it out

Post Thanks / Like

heres a few photos taken by a friend of mine.
    http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...20rtoc%202011/

Post Thanks / Like

really enjoyed today, was a lack of 5s on track, but still plenty of top motors, i was pretty worried that it would be boring due to the lack of tickets etc sold but was not dissapointed.

speant 90% of the day sat on a pair of seats watching the track, few great cars of mention.

white kit car thing with the nissan turbo lump (crazy guys gave us some fun sideways action to spectate on)

Black track action car, purely sounded immense.

Adey clio, again sounded great and pulled like a train.

Supra , the few times it seemed to be out just gave a fresh sight to behold and when that thing came on boost my arm hairs began to lift.

white r5 with blue wheels, one spin , very close, fun to watch.

Nova driver was a nut, great fun to watch, i think you made a fresh bit of track thru that grass!.

205 mi16 on carbs i think from the sound, just seemed to constantly be moving through the pack.

there were plenty of other motors but just a few that caught my eye and made me stand up out of my comfy fold out chair.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was my first ND today and i gotta say i wasnt that impressed! Not that many cars turned out, More other cars on track than renault turbos! might as well call it any car national day! glad i went to see what happens there but not as entertaining or as friendly as i was hoping for...

Still enjoyed the drive to and from

Post Thanks / Like

Not a single turbo 2 in sight too

Feel sorry for the club having such a poor turn out!

Post Thanks / Like

anyone get any video footage of the day, i so should of taken my camera but didnt expect the car to last more than 3 laps

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

I was recording on the Westfield but I haven't looked at it yet so I'll post up any links if there's anything worth uploading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    I was recording on the Westfield but I haven't looked at it yet so I'll post up any links if there's anything worth uploading.
    wtf is in that thing btw? sounds supercharged?

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it's a 2.0 dura which I'm just getting the s/c sorted on.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great day good to catch up with some old friends weather was great some hairy moments on track new layout was better than i thought.i have video footage on track thanks to the blue nova and the pug 106 for testing my brakes luckily i know what a racing line is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    white r5 with blue wheels, one spin , very close, fun to watch
    Your on about 1 of 2 possible events, first one is me on cold tyres and brakes doing a bit of oppo! the send is Morg in front of me in his Raider loosing it on the left/right after gerrards, i was hard on the brakes to stop!

You can't say either of us were not pushing hard. I have in car footage of both.

Ade, i have some footage following you and then you leaving me! ill see if i can edit some footage and get it up in the next few days. It's not the best, bit of a PMT bracket so to speak but its OK.

Post Thanks / Like

nice, they like to blown on them engines

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post
    Your on about 1 of 2 possible events, first one is me on cold tyres and brakes doing a bit of oppo! the send is Morg in front of me in his Raider loosing it on the left/right after gerrards, i was hard on the brakes to stop!

You can't say either of us were not pushing hard. I have in car footage of both.

Ade, i have some footage following you and then you leaving me! ill see if i can edit some footage and get it up in the next few days. It's not the best, bit of a PMT bracket so to speak but its OK.
    nice one cheers buddy, email me the raw footage if you cba arsed tho i can chop it up if need be

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post

indeed the second one was actually the one i was talking about.. thought id describe the car though as its easier to ref, saw your first one aswell, although it was the second which made me go ' wow wow wow.dont crash... i like that r5 its so clean'

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

adey i have you on film will sort out some footage for you don,t blink though

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the nova and the pug 106 and black 205 looked fast did nt look like a great deal passed them!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leesaunders1981 View Post
    I thought the nova and the pug 106 and black 205 looked fast did nt look like a great deal passed them!
    yes they were fast not what i said

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

great day on track, big thanks to the people who selflessly put in the effort and hours for us to have fun, it is much appreciated! i did offer to help a few times but everything was under control.

don't know who owned it and don't want to fall out with anybody but that nova should not be let anywhere near a track, dodgy as hell!!!!

Has Mallory run it's course for ND? I personally hope not as we will not find a friendlier track to host it but judging by the lack of support today it doesn't look good

maybe a beer tent/music in the camping area would help bring everybody together to create some entertainment

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was nt saying about there driving just that they looked quick on track, I was nt replying to your post.

Post Thanks / Like

An outstanding day, well organised, good standard of driving.
    My first national day and i loved every minute, it makes the difference trying to talk to members, its nice to put a face to familiar names. Everyone i met was hugely friendly and very welcoming
    I too wish there was more of a rtoc turn out, but its still more renaults than ive ever seen in one place at one time

BIG MASSIVE THANKS to all those involved in the organising of the day it really was appreciated ! ! ! ! !

By the way did anybody elses car die at the circuit? i knew my rings were gone and was suprised how resiliant the c1j is, still got me home, i didnt think i'd make it there never mind round the track and home again just gives me an excuse to rebuild it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yer top top day enjoyed every minute of it & met some great peeps

Attached some photos as promised

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Day%202011/

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff431/gibbo699/

All the best

Gibbo

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree, great day. weather was

Was a bit awkward trying to get involved/chat to people at the beginning, but by the afternoon I seamed to get on alright everyone I spoke too.

We was talking about the lack of 5's on track, but really there's not that many about, let alone full on track ready 5's, good to see the cup cars out though.

Roll on next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Well peeps i have to say thank you i had a great day. nice bit of a chat with all the usuals.

Phil your a legend staying up till 4 was not a good idea

Scraps did good cocking a leg on most corners

sorry about the flying bonnet.

got some footage i'll get it up asap

cheers all again

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant day and night again - shame Fluffy was an arse and refused to come.

Some photo's

https://picasaweb.google.com/TurboSt...llory2011RTOC#

Thanks to the committee, great to see some ol' faces again

https://picasaweb.google.com/TurboSt...llory2011RTOC#

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Got to be the best clip i caught. I'll string the best bits together and upload soon

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

well guys was my first national day, i enjoyed it was dying go out on track but thats for next year when its properly prepped etc.
    was good to see a few familiar faces from the dyno day i did back in march and also finally put a few faces to names off here .
    Some great track action and i bet adaml had a brown pant moment when he lost it was not much run off there. some very quick cars out on track and that nova was a proper sleeper it even had the standard interior in haha.

one thing i would say is it seemed quite a low turnout ? would i be right in thinking this? And also maybe an idea get a few little things added like a few little stores and maybe a few things for kids do eg bouncy castle etc.

all in all an enjoyable first nd. was nice to finally take my car on a run out ran like a dream for 125 mile round trip used half tank of fuel

Post Thanks / Like

Who's is the Red 'E381DNN' GTT? Looks like it's pretty hardcore!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Who's is the Red 'E381DNN' GTT? Looks like it's pretty hardcore!
    That be TNT Ross, and yes it is.

Post Thanks / Like

was a good day tho i left early cause i was a busy bunny

got plenty of footage on the first bend rundown to the chicane, and also of the last hairpin onto the main straight

will youtube it later

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    That be TNT Ross, and yes it is.
    was rapid as fook that thing!

Post Thanks / Like

E381 DNN would be mine was having some issues first thing in the morning and had to change the ignition map and boost down to 16psi to stop det due what we are guessing a poor fuel stop in leicster. Thanks to all who helped when this was happening especially TNTandy

Must say another day well organised and greatly enjoyed by myself. Yet again i struggled to get the balance between driving, fixing things and talking to other members. So sorry to any of you i would normally find to say hi to but didnt.

Hope this can carry on next year too, thanks again to the commitee

Post Thanks / Like

Cracking day great weather even beter people.

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    Black track action car, purely sounded immense.

205 mi16 on carbs i think from the sound, just seemed to constantly be moving through the pack.
    Cheers for that comment, I haven't heard it yet (other than from behind the wheel ) but it did get a lot of attention in the afternoon and quite a few passenger requests, sorry to any of the guys who I didn't get to take out for a few laps!

The 205 is indeed on carbs, it's a mate of mine who started trackdaying regularly with the Trackaction crew about three years ago. He was a bit wild and slow at first, tended to overdrive the car but after some quality training and instruction () he's turning into a reasonable pedaler .

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Id second that with regatds to the track action car it sounded amazing. What engine set up is in there.

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I'd post up to say what an enjoyable day that was!

A very friendly event even to us outsiders in funny cars and a pleasure to help out on the running of the track side of things.

I guess most of you are still getting bladdered at Mallory so when you get back and recover from your hangovers please shout up with your thoughts about the day.

Steve H
    Have to say a big thank you to you Steve,
    It was certainly a light hearted and fun day out and very very enjoyable..
    Track time was almost unhindered and actually stopped more for allowing cars into/off the circuit than Red flags..RESULT.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quality weekend. Best one yet albeit a lack of 5s. I know I am selling up but still love them.

Thanks for all the mechanical support, eug as always unbelievably generous as well as the georgi contingence!

The nova took a battering to the brakes. No pads left what so ever. Has to be most entertaining car I hAve driven. Just need proper front tires and I think it would be a very good contender.

One of the best additions was the new track layout. Well done for whoever suggested that as the old track was a big mundane.

Well done all

Post Thanks / Like

was a good day out, really missed not having my car there this year

big thanks to TNT!hammond for the lift there and back, also the passenger laps (sorry for getting us lost on the way home though )

thanks to everybody involved in organising the day, after all it wouldn't have happened without all your hard work.

last but not least to the track action guys for the smooth running of the day and in particular to Steve H for the passenger laps at the end of the day, your car is awesome

Post Thanks / Like

I cant disagree more...Defo not a renault turbo track day! very week renault turnout! The best (Renault) cars of the day were the clio's by far, PMT cup car was also going some!! Why is there no quick track renault 5's??

I think the lack of 5's on track says it all! I expected 50+ on track! I thought there would of been a show n shine area, Some music also some sort of parking order!

It was just like any other track day but there happened to be a few renaults there!

Maybe pod will be a better enviroment for people into turbo's renaults!!

Surely the club lost money with such a poo turnout??

Post Thanks / Like

Cracking weekend, as per usual, despite the turnout of 112.6 people. Thanks to everyone who was involved with the organising, and running of the day

It was awesome to finally get the moss scraped off of my cup car, and get it back out on track, after three years of neglect! A few minor issues (like a lack of brakes, and slightly 'off' tyres ), but nothing to keep the car off track. I've got to say a big thanks to Eugein, for all his help, and offering to take the car up there for me. It's just a shame that his is still bent

Also, a huge thanks to everybody who mucked in on Friday night: Eug, Mart, Col, Ipswich , Adey, Jesus (sorry mate, I forgot to sort you out some $$ for the fuel filter ), and anyone else I forgot.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Definately a cracking weekend and cheers all those who let me have a passenger trip in their car. Or being towed off the track due to lack of fuel Adeys clio is definately not shy just a bit twitchy, but an awesome car to rag around anywhere and seems to just keep going. Camping was great as usual plus the added we have the biggest fire going kept us warm for the night well plus the drinks did on the friday night

Top job to all those who helps organise and run the event and as always look forward to the club future events

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REBEL GT TURBO View Post
    Why is there no quick track renault 5's??

It's a not a race on track people drive within what they is safe for there car. I go on track to enjoy myself not to try and race people that are going hell for leather. As for people saying "Well I overtaked everybody on track" GROW UP ever thought people just let you by as they don't trust there driving as they don't know them from Adam.

As for parking in line nice idea but wouldn't happen with people needing to work on cars before and during the day.

Rant over Great day great weather and no bad offs sounds like a Win for the day to me. Well done RTOC

Post Thanks / Like

there were plenty of very fast 5s out there the red tnt 5 was massivly quick and ashtrays 5 just to name a few

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hand on heart, I think that was my favourite National Day at Mallory Park!!

I loved every minute of the track time in my new 11 Turbo, and my ride with Flan in his White 200sx Engined track animal will live with me for a long time!!! When we came in & I was telling him how I was papping myself as he was drifting it round Gerrards his response of "You're not the only one, I was convinced we were going to crash"

That additional Chicane added after Gerrards really changed the whole track experience for me and was my favourite part of the circuit!!

Big thanks to Steve H & the guys from TAOL

As mentioned before, Mallory sure does give a good bang for the buck!!

Thanks to all who organised this day & everyone who turned up to support the event.

I personally think that the turnout was pretty good!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another top weekend for me And i did'nt crash

My track clio was a complete non event as it got some major ring issues

Managed to do some laps in the cabby at the end of the day but only driving it like a sunday afternoon in the country after last years events ......

I liked the new added bend as it changed the track as steve's mentioned above and to be honest i nearly crashed into it on my first lap out in the clio as i forgot it was there too busy looking at my AFR gauge.

The day was well organised and having the AGM at lunch was good as it gave everybody there the option of attending ( or going to lunch ) instead of at the end of the day when people just want to go home, Some good idea's came out of it too

French car show was ok, same old thing though, different year I love saxo's not.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bod 182 View Post
    yes they were fast not what i said
    sorry if I offended peps.

People need to move out the way if they know they ain't got the pace. That's what I did.