Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone recommend a good place to set the carb up on my 5 close to liverpool

Need the carb and boost setting up. Need a good place to get it sorted. Closer to liverpool the better

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: anyone recommend a good place to set the carb up on my 5 close to liverpool

There really is no one around here that'll be able to set a GTT carb up (that I know of) By all means I can re-jet the carb for you and raise the boost but I wouldn't accurately be able to check the fuelling as I don't have a portable wideband kit.

You could try Pete Morgan Racing in Wrexham - he's worked on GTT's before.

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend Ian Nixon in Stoke. I can pass on your details if you want him to have a look at your car

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RussellT View Post
    I would recommend Ian Nixon in Stoke. I can pass on your details if you want him to have a look at your car
    think blunty is passing me onto him. but thanks again.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    There really is no one around here that'll be able to set a GTT carb up (that I know of) By all means I can re-jet the carb for you and raise the boost but I wouldn't accurately be able to check the fuelling as I don't have a portable wideband kit.

You could try Pete Morgan Racing in Wrexham - he's worked on GTT's before.

it got a group a carb now like. so only need the setting up. also where is the right place to set the boost guage to? the manifold and do you get different readings at different places?

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Setting up will generally mean re-jetting/setting the boost mate I'd suggest getting rid of the GP A carb and going back to a standard venturi as well due to them being very difficult to fuel throughout the rev range.

Plumb the boost gauge into the AEI line

P.s didn't realise Ian Nixon was still fiddling with GTT's?

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah ian nixon still does them on the side and also his ex ep motorsport partner justin still does them

sorted ste out now for sat morning