Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Windscreen

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Anyone know how to remove a front windscreen! Its badly cracked so damaging it’s not an issue. However, I'll probably need to remove a replacement (good one) from another car… carefully

I believe they’re bonded in on 5GTT models

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windscreen

Yeah, get inside the car, remove all the trim from the sides of the windows and pull off the black rubber trim from all around the inside window frame. Remove the seal and seal beading from around the windscreen, try not to brake it if you want to re-use it. Then get back in the car with a stanley knife and some diluted fairly liquid in a squirty bottle. Apply the fairy all around the insde of the window frame to help the knife slide as its cutting. then stick the knife in so the handle is flat aginst the screen and run all the way round, it wont be easy but slow and steady wins the race. keep your hands well clear and use a knife with a secure blade as you dont want it to snap or come away and run your hand over it

Ashy.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windscreen

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Thanks…

Will give it a try. Let you know how it goes…. If all my fingers are still intact