Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phase 1 D80OTW

Just waiting on my man, he has two more to polish this weekend and then all down to me to dig tyres out and get them fitted.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Just for Trevhib, my polished alloys are at last fitted, some issues with a pair of my alloys being beyond polishing and thankfully GT Turbo spares sent a good pair that polished up well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5279 View Post
    Just for Trevhib, my polished alloys are at last fitted, some issues with a pair of my alloys being beyond polishing and thankfully GT Turbo spares sent a good pair that polished up well.

Looks great John looks like a mint phase one that

Post Thanks / Like

She's getting a bit long in the tooth, but with the fresh engine and suspension she holds her own with newer motors. Raider is next port of call for next years ND and then perhaps restore phase 1 in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Good work Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jon.

Post Thanks / Like

Well ND2012 was an awesome event, chickened out with tracking my car but got her on rollers instead. Happy with results of 149.9 bhp with plenty of boost still on tap, suggested to raise my rev limiter by 500 rpm to 6750 and also saw my fuelling at 10.9 on afr gauge so room for a little more boost on current carb set up.
    Car ran sweet all day and very pleased for all the nice comments on the day.
    Decided next things on the list of jobs is to replace inter-cooler for the ktec behind the grill affair and fit my alloy radiator with spial fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5279 View Post
    Well ND2012 was an awesome event, chickened out with tracking my car but got her on rollers instead. Happy with results of 149.9 bhp with plenty of boost still on tap, suggested to raise my rev limiter by 500 rpm to 6750 and also saw my fuelling at 10.9 on afr gauge so room for a little more boost on current carb set up.
    Car ran sweet all day and very pleased for all the nice comments on the day.
    Decided next things on the list of jobs is to replace inter-cooler for the ktec behind the grill affair and fit my alloy radiator with spial fan.
    I lOve this car

Post Thanks / Like

Well another sunny day with a trip to 'Kenobi' Dynodaze PFC event, good run there and back cruising at 80+ mph. New run on the dyno with an outcome of 155bhp and 222Nm of torque. Car run sweet all day even those my starter still sticking occasionally, runs a little lean of boost with part throttle so need to adjust carb and very happy with consumption ( 140 mile round trip with two runs on dyno and only used 1/4 tank of fuel).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat View Post
    Well another sunny day with a trip to 'Kenobi' Dynodaze PFC event, good run there and back cruising at 80+ mph. New run on the dyno with an outcome of 155bhp and 222Nm of torque. Car run sweet all day even those my starter still sticking occasionally, runs a little lean of boost with part throttle so need to adjust carb and very happy with consumption ( 140 mile round trip with two runs on dyno and only used 1/4 tank of fuel).
    Hey man we have a Retro event coming up. Would love to see this again. Save me from a load of cars ive never heard of. lols

Post Thanks / Like

Long overdue update, since my daily decided to break on me back in october the ph1 has since been used daily
    Numerous issues have reared there heads in the first month mainly water leaks, mainly my fault really has i made a decision to refit the oe ph1 hose setup and some hoses had seen better days. Best mod that has been a joy when fixing is the good use of stainless jubilees, not found a single one yet that has got stuck or threaded.
    Another issue that rear its head, a new ph1 header tank from CGB couldn't hack the water temp flowing back from turbo, as i run the ph1.5 cooling setup, the header tank lasted all of 3 weeks. The replicas don't have the internal supports and water deflector. They also split along the seams! Luckly for me a very good oe renault header tank appeared on fb group and all been well since.

Since the early issues i've clocked up some miles, car always looks filthy at present which is annoying but engine is running good.
    Another job was to replace the oe air horn compressor, seems every year it decides to fail and this year it was knackered. So in it's place i now have a Nautulas twin tone all in one comporessor, fits nicely where original horn was and in original mounting hole. Very loud 136dB certainly gets your attention.
    So to now, went for an MOT about two weeks ago, failed on only outer drivers CV gaiter. A simple task of changing drive shaft for new one i had, so so wrong fitted a new shaft in pouring rain in the dark and was a bitch to fit. Next days drive to work was disaster, couldn't drive over 50mph, car was whinning its head off. Found on removal of drive shaft it was longer than original by quite bit. Had to refit old shaft after changing CV gaiter, went back to my supplier and found shaft was more like a clio valver and now got bearing rumble coming from car.
    They now supplied me with another drive shaft, which i measured up to be identical to my old unit. So friday changed wheel bearing for new, fitted 2nd new shaft and guess what new shaft faulty. A 45mph drive to work and back with vibration comeing from shaft. So on inspection today found inner cv sloppy as hell so old shaft back on again and still have a noisey car.
    Going to change n/s bearing monday and have it out with supplier for my second useless shaft.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the pain in the arse problems you're getting.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to here your having problems. Hope you sort it soon. Such is the life of a 5 owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately my parts guy is all for the customer so expecting a few actions his end to suppliers

Post Thanks / Like

Keep at it mate.

Could you not have just replaced the gaiters on the old shaft?

Post Thanks / Like

Little more work done Monday, got a refund on drive shafts and there paying for a new wheel bearing. Changed near side front wheel bearing Tuesday to find another leaking cv gaiter, so another job to sort. Also found n/s front tyre badly worn, so yesterday had a pair of Toyo r888 GG fitted and tracking adjusted.
    Next is to adjust camber with some camber bolts, fit bbtuning lobster with oe actuator pipework and final fit scorpion exhaust.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics pls!

Post Thanks / Like

New Toyo r888s on front, vast improvement on handling and traction.

Post Thanks / Like

Had an evening in the garage stripping near side drive shaft down so i could fit new cv gaiters and little bit of paint to.

Post Thanks / Like

Another afternoon/evening trying to fit a mk1 scorpion exhaust, wasn't going well at first so got the grinder and welder out and fabricated a better system.
    Fitted a mongoose downpipe, these are direct copies of oe up-swept design and fitted mongoose centre section. Then fitted scorpion s-bend modified to give better clearance over axle and allows for tail pipe to fit bang on central to bumper hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Also was informed camber on near side was a degree out whilst having wheel alignment done so took matters into my own hands and adjusted camber old skool way.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work. The exhaust looks absolutely perfect!

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Loving your car... miss my phase 1 badly