Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Turn The Log tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Frog of the Pod @ Santa Pod, Friday 1st July

Just got back with the car in 1 piece pretty much
    Everyone I spoke to were cool, very good social event and much fun ragging it up the strip. My favourite car has to be Brigsies van, 12.6 quarter mile. Friggin awesome.

Ps, Log Motorsport for the win.

Post Thanks / Like

Most enjoyable day All the usual suspects + some new faces. Camped over and had a shandy or two.... Did'nt do any runs but managed to repair my carb thanks to mike and this spares + a shop carb rebuild kit also sorted out my laggy turbo issue which turned out to be my own fault as the C clip was'nt in the compressor housing properly causing most of the air to leak out of the side of the housing Fail. Thanks to turbo ted for the use of his boost pipe pressure tester thingy

It drivers like a different car now

Another good event which was well organised Numbers running could of been better but all the same people enjoyed it. Bring on the World Series

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Frog of the Pod @ Santa Pod, Friday 1st July

Quote Originally Posted by bigdur View Post
    Just got back with the car in 1 piece pretty much
    Everyone I spoke to were cool, very good social event and much fun ragging it up the strip. My favourite car has to be Brigsies van, 12.6 quarter mile. Friggin awesome.

Ps, Log Motorsport for the win.
    Great to meet you Jack and it was nice how you came over and got stuck in with things. Welcome to the club mate

A top day/night again and makes it even more apparent how lucky we are having such a good bunch of people in this club. We went on a deep tangent last night with our conversations and it was mentioned that for the people and friends you meet in RTOC the £25.00 is some of the best money you will spend. We really are blessed with great members.
    Many thanks to Ray for the Cup Stickers, Tim for the Camp Fire, Nick K and Biggety Steve for the help with the fuel gauge problem, Brigsy for the toilet taxi in the van, Millie for the fantastic football skills, Bill, Dale, Shoppers, Jessop, the list goes on..Not forgetting the legend that is Kris M!

Top stuff!

Slightly disappointed with the numbers as a whole, not just on the strip. Friday can be difficult with work etc but what we can say is that there was plenty of notice to book it off. Perhaps it should be looked at next year.
    really good to see some of the raffle tickets for the Phase 1 being sold and they'll be available very soon in the shop. Remember, in it to win it!

My little 5 continues to be a diamond and it blasted me home with no problems whatsoever. Even got a few thumbs up off fellow drivers They love the 5's!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Another A-W-E-S-O-M-E RTOC Event!!

Millie & I really enjoyed pod yesterday as usual, like Loamity Lomes says above, you really get a great mix of people in the RTOC and the events are always a great laugh!

Delighted with the old 11 Turbo, 13 runs and as usual it didn't miss a beat, can't top the old C1J!!

My best time of the day was a 14.852 at 93.7mph and all that with 1 bar of boost & Kumho road tyres!

Special mention to Brigsy for giving the old 11 a once over with his Air Flow meter & opening out the 2nd stage jet to stop it running a little lean on boost!

Looking forward to the Liverpool weekender!

Post Thanks / Like

As has been said, yet another awesome RTOC event!

It is a bit of a shame that the numbers seemed down this year, but last nights antics were some of the best in a long time. Just about everyone seemed to be mingling with each other, which is something that people say doesn't happen enough. And as said by Lomo, well done to bigdur for 'windmilling' his way in, and getting himself known

Thanks, as usual, go out to everyone who was involved: From those who organised it, to those who turned up. Well done to everyone who set new PB's on the strip, and sorry to those who had breakages

Roll on the next event

Post Thanks / Like

What can I say but WOW what a cracking time yet again this so called clicky club pulls it out of the bag. Sun+Pod+RTOC= great times.

Well done to all that put there own time into putting this event on it was excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

what a mental night, "critical" as m burger says. great weekend and a wicked party.

Post Thanks / Like

What a blinding weekend just got home thanks to all those who made it a great time

Post Thanks / Like

Great day great night, good to meet aload of people good stuff RTOC.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Hey, it was a great way to meet people

Car looked well
    Cheers mate, shame i didnt get chance to speak to you and james but i didnt know what you all looked like i thought the bloke in the cap that took me fuel pipe off was scratcher untill i saw his car already parked up when we got to pod

Turn The Log tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Had an awesome time as usual at the pod, good crack with the regulars and new faces!

Big thanks to all the people who let me have a go in there cars down the strip

Done a new pb of 12.67@104.97mph in the van, 1.75 60ft! Done a fair few 12.8 runs aswell only casualty is a knackered passenger driveshaft too.

Was there a photographer on the day? i done some good burnouts just wondering if there was any pics? any vids of my 12.6 run??

The nights antics were mad, what more can i say roll on the next one!
    Last edited by Brigsy; 02-07-2011 at 23:14.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a cracking event. Got a good pod tan! The old mini ran well up until the breakage. Managed a new Pb of 13.09@107 on the road tyres so pretty chuffed! Had a look today and I have stripped all the teeth off 2nd gear!

I should have bought the 5 aswell to run in the afternoon

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys. Was hoping to make an appearance for this but as usual business got in the way. Glad you all had a good time. I'll definately make the next gathering. Been too long.

Sounds like there's loads of quick 5's around! Sorry I missed it all.

Well done Scoff. Awesome time. Any improvement at the sort of times your doing are going to happen in fine increments. I'm guessing the track will be better prepared for Sunday. Look forward to hearing the results.

So, Bill, did you run the strip in the Evo or just enter the "detailing" category?

Post Thanks / Like

All in all another great day for rtoc at Santa pod.
    Only 33 people signed on for the strip which is disappointing, but the atmosphere of the day was excellent and even better on the campsite. Good times!

The feedback from the Santa Pod staff was very good as always, so a big thanks from the committee for all appearing to be well behaved enough for us to be welcome back in future.

Maybe a rethink is in order for next year, but rest assured rtoc will have a Santa pod day 2012 in some capacity

Post Thanks / Like

I had a super smashing time Friday. Big thanks to everyone who organised it
    My girlfriend even got into it after a little while

I took loads and loads of photos so I'll start uploading them tomorrow.
    Big Steve (not Mr Raider) took lots too, so I'll get them from him and load them up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nad-5GTT View Post
    Cheers mate, shame i didnt get chance to speak to you and james but i didnt know what you all looked like i thought the bloke in the cap that took me fuel pipe off was scratcher untill i saw his car already parked up when we got to pod
    That was Tony (Fish head) & I was taking the piss out of you & driving the green 19, I also spoke to you @ pod by your car, me & Tony were talking about your intercooler & how well the car looked if you remember.
    James was there as well on the breakdown, think he had a red top on...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what another rtoc event that was amazing , thanks for everyone for sorting this event ,always great people great club and friends.

Think this is best Renault club on the net ,always have an amazing time campsite was a great crack ,weather was great and cars where great ,good to see a different mixture of fives ,roll on next event.

Need to also finish my 5 lol

Post Thanks / Like

I had a brilliant weekend, was nice to put my car through it paces after my re-build, I had only done 100 yards or so with a turbo attached it was good to catch up with people and meet some new faces.

I couldn't get my car to run right at all on the friday my best was a 13.9@ 99mph with the worst bogging down between gears ever.

I ended up not admitting defeat and stayed for the run what ya brung the next day changed to a differant carb and did some more playing with the jets and ended up with a 13.2@ 106mph @22psi that was more what i was looking for I wanted a 12 second run but couldn't launch the thing well enough my best 60ft was 1.9

A big thankyou to everyone involved in organising and running this event

Post Thanks / Like

had a great time as always my best was 13.5 in the renault but got issues with my rings still so i must get arround to changing them and the EVO did a 12.9 so was well pleased with that.....congrats to everyone who ran was some lovely cars there shame the turnout wasnt a bit better but i guess in this current climet its hard for ppl to get time off work etc.......and a big pat on the back to the organisers roll on 2012

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing day, just wish we didnt have to head back in the evening

Anyway, some piccies...

http://www.photogs.co.uk/RTOCSantaPod2011/#

and a funny Vid of the Mrs going up the strip in her Scoob (lots of swearing involved, just to warn anyone offended )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--raTUbcZec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam M View Post

Anyway, some piccies...

and a funny Vid of the Mrs going up the strip in her Scoob (lots of swearing involved, just to warn anyone offended )

any pictures of my silver EVO ?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Frog of the Pod @ Santa Pod, Friday 1st July

Quote Originally Posted by brigsy View Post
    had An Awesome Time As Usual At The Pod, Good Crack With The Regulars And New Faces!

Big Thanks To All The People Who Let Me Have A Go In There Cars Down The Strip

Done A New Pb Of 12.67@104.97mph In The Van, 1.75 60ft! Done A Fair Few 12.8 Runs Aswell Only Casualty Is A Knackered Passenger Driveshaft Too.

Was There A Photographer On The Day? I Done Some Good Burnouts Just Wondering If There Was Any Pics? Any Vids Of My 12.6 Run??

The Nights Antics Were Mad, What More Can I Say Roll On The Next One!

My God That Vans Quick Brigsy Lad !!!! My Evo Did 1.7-60ft!! 12.3 When Tweeked With A Stock Lump.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a amazing day at the pod on friday ... good to meet up with a lot of people .. some awesome cars flying on the day . Did 23 runs on the strip before i had to drive home ... was shattered ...but the car did me proud

achieved my PB times and PB terminal ... but awful 60ft times ... really poor ... my best run saw me do a 60ft in 2.68 and the quarter in a 14.35 at a terminal of 105.80.

Was a new clutch on the day so i struggled getting a good 60fts ... my best i achieved was 2.37 and then a few 2.46 .. but sadly a few 2.6 and 2.7s

A great Day !

Some fantastic pics there sam and some of my car too ... anychance i could have the proper resolution pics of it please ????

Post Thanks / Like

Great day, i got wrecked, nice to see everybody again

Post Thanks / Like

I real'y didn't take as many photo's as I thought
    Started editing some but it's too nice to sit inside today.

Here's a ink to the album
    http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...%20Pod%202011/

I liked the hook up on Glenn's car

Turn The Log tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam M View Post

Anyway, some piccies...

Would there be any chance I could have one of those pics or are they for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Frog of the Pod @ Santa Pod, Friday 1st July

Quote Originally Posted by GanJaMan View Post
    Great day, i got wrecked, nice to see everybody again

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigdur View Post
    Would there be any chance I could have one of those pics or are they for sale?
    Just let me know which you want and ill upload largers versions

Quote Originally Posted by ranj View Post
    Some fantastic pics there sam and some of my car too ... anychance i could have the proper resolution pics of it please ????
    No problem, just let me know which ones, and ill upload the bigger versions

And sorry IAN, I have none of the Evo,

Turn The Log tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Pic 109 please, black car with a bonnet up and cup car behind.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Massive Massive thanks to everyone at RTOC for a brilliant day.

Also a massive thank you for letting us test a couple of BMW MINI's

I do promise to have my 5 there next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Cracking Frog of the pod, and a cracking weekend. really good to meet some faces, and nice to see some 5's doin there thing, we did the full weekend including retro rides which was great.

Good chatting to you biddur, Emma, Miller, Mike , and associated friends, (sure i got them names all correct), also the owner of the black gordini was a nice guy to chat to if your on here aswell as the usuals jessop etc.

We actually managed to get the s13 all the way back home, nursing it, within 10 mins of getting it back in the garage we had it fixed and went for a blast around, (turned out to be a resistor connected to the injectors that had broken down).

also thanks for making my friend feel welcome, he comes from a vw retro scene, aswell as tramp drifting so wasnt really a clued up renault head but still enjoyed the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard how any of the chaps got on today who was running did scoff manage to fix the car and run it again today

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone remember what times the black gordini got on the strip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    does anyone remember what times the black gordini got on the strip?
    i ran next to him twice, he got a 14.830 @ 93mph and a 14.828 @ 95mph

Post Thanks / Like

i was just looking at the ticket,i was beating him up to the 1/8 mile then he came past me and left me for dead
    A622 TJD F656TLB
    2.702 60ft 2.230
    6.750 330ft 6.249
    9.821 1/8 9.666
    12.477 1000ft 12.630
    14.830 1/4 15.183
    93.32 mph 87.53

Post Thanks / Like

What a great weekend at pod, we had a great time.

That's us just in after dropping off the raffle car with Clee, we just made it home the last 50 miles was touch and go as the driveshaft was knocking like mad...... The clutch is dead and the box is screaming like mad in 5th.

Looks like I have some work to Do before Reno world series, I my as well fit my new head, tubby manifold, new block and oil cooler if it's all out for my new box

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philr5t View Post
    Has anyone heard how any of the chaps got on today who was running did scoff manage to fix the car and run it again today

What a hectic weekend that was - getting too old for all this high energy rushing round !

Friday 5am start, santa pod all day, break 2x drive shafts, return home that evening 10pm with new parts in hand (thanks Mike 16v!) ready to spend Saturday making new shafts and getting them in. Another late finish Saturday, car done. 5am Sunday tow's the car back to pod for racing in ESC (2.5hr drive). Races all day, breaks another driveshaft in the semi final against Andy nichols It was looking likely I would have won the round, so that one stung, but nice to see Andy doing well again. One shaft stayed intact this time - the one I spent time "really" beefing up because it was the shorter shaft. I should have beefed them both up. This time it just sheered the tube of the shaft itself, CV's intact.

On top of all that it's taken me 6hrs to get home because of traffic and a slight VOSA infraction on my friends part on the way home. I tried to stop and help but was told in no uncertain terms that if I was to pull on to the VOSA compound to help him out then I would not be able to leave again since I was towing my car with an (illegal, ish) A-frame. The poor guy was even clamped and charged £80 for the privillage because he had not been recovered inside an hour. He had a 3.5 tonne transporter with a race car loaded - who was likely to recover that inside an hour ! And they wonder why they have a bad name....

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Had an awesome weekend, finally have just got back from Milton Keynes after my mate saying he had tickets to see the Foo Fighters, my body will have to try and take this week to recover especially seeming I have to be awake in 4 hours to go to work

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    That was Tony (Fish head) & I was taking the piss out of you & driving the green 19, I also spoke to you @ pod by your car, me & Tony were talking about your intercooler & how well the car looked if you remember.
    James was there as well on the breakdown, think he had a red top on...
    Ah yes i remember that chat but i didnt relise it was you im already thinking off a smaller pipe run maybe in the future. Ive heard fishheads abit of a legend with these cars so no surprise he was getting stuck in with mine in a fast way me and me mate was still head scratching

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    What a hectic weekend that was - getting too old for all this high energy rushing round !

Friday 5am start, santa pod all day, break 2x drive shafts, return home that evening 10pm with new parts in hand (thanks Mike 16v!) ready to spend Saturday making new shafts and getting them in. Another late finish Saturday, car done. 5am Sunday tow's the car back to pod for racing in ESC (2.5hr drive). Races all day, breaks another driveshaft in the semi final against Andy nichols It was looking likely I would have won the round, so that one stung, but nice to see Andy doing well again. One shaft stayed intact this time - the one I spent time "really" beefing up because it was the shorter shaft. I should have beefed them both up. This time it just sheered the tube of the shaft itself, CV's intact.

On top of all that it's taken me 6hrs to get home because of traffic and a slight VOSA infraction on my friends part on the way home. I tried to stop and help but was told in no uncertain terms that if I was to pull on to the VOSA compound to help him out then I would not be able to leave again since I was towing my car with an (illegal, ish) A-frame. The poor guy was even clamped and charged £80 for the privillage because he had not been recovered inside an hour. He had a 3.5 tonne transporter with a race car loaded - who was likely to recover that inside an hour ! And they wonder why they have a bad name....
    Thats a shame Chris, at least hopefully next time out the shafts will hold. Car looked strong though, bit of a handful now from what I saw on your 1st burnout where it just gripped & pulled you toward the wall

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like I missed a great day

Well done all with new pb's - Scoff sounds like a full mission you had there but great to get a step closer to that 9sec run!!!

Maybe time to spend some cash on some S155 steel items and beef the rest up a bit for some confidence in the future? The one I got made before was not that expensive

Or if you have a tech drawing maybe able to get you what you want machined from billet (no charge for you sir) just may need a few weeks as used up most of my favours trying to finish the car for mallory which never worked out anyway lol

Suspect you are going to want to look towards something like the 155 grade of steel to allow a degree of flex (from memory the S155 had quite a bit which was why it was used for the super short shaft on the vag conversion)

If I can help at all just let us know

DG

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nad-5GTT View Post
    Ah yes i remember that chat but i didnt relise it was you im already thinking off a smaller pipe run maybe in the future. Ive heard fishheads abit of a legend with these cars so no surprise he was getting stuck in with mine in a fast way me and me mate was still head scratching

with what some of the members on here have done with these cars, im far from legendary status mate, i jus like playing with spanners an getting dirty. was being quick as we were getting left behind by the convoy an unless its proper teminal problem no one gets left behind.

jus out of curiosity what was the cause of the breakdown in the end ?

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome pics sam, any chance of the high res copies of my van

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishead View Post
    with what some of the members on here have done with these cars, im far from legendary status mate, i jus like playing with spanners an getting dirty. was being quick as we were getting left behind by the convoy an unless its proper teminal problem no one gets left behind.

jus out of curiosity what was the cause of the breakdown in the end ?
    yes very good!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im liking pic 7 and 11 ok im going to be biased because there off my car but they do look good

My top 3 cars of the day were Phils red 5, the white extra van and the old skool blue mini not to sure what order though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Sounds like I missed a great day

Well done all with new pb's - Scoff sounds like a full mission you had there but great to get a step closer to that 9sec run!!!

Maybe time to spend some cash on some S155 steel items and beef the rest up a bit for some confidence in the future? The one I got made before was not that expensive

Or if you have a tech drawing maybe able to get you what you want machined from billet (no charge for you sir) just may need a few weeks as used up most of my favours trying to finish the car for mallory which never worked out anyway lol

Suspect you are going to want to look towards something like the 155 grade of steel to allow a degree of flex (from memory the S155 had quite a bit which was why it was used for the super short shaft on the vag conversion)

If I can help at all just let us know

DG
    If you're doing all that I'd sugest swapping to 172 uprights first.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome day!

good to meet new faces and say hello to some old friends.

Gutted the 5 was not there, but hope to have it on the road soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, what can i say. An absoloutly TOP weekend, ended up staying at pod till sunday afternoon watching the action. Was a class day on Friday, was pretty "critical" on the Friday evening, but all good fun .....Really good time with some really great people. Roll on world series

Post Thanks / Like

I had a great day, and what an evening in turbo ted's happy hardcore tent .

I didn't take many photos of the day, but did get one of the whole campsite

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/a...mie_87/129.jpg