Post Thanks / Like

172 Insurance

My 5 might be cheap to insure but the 172 is a joke. My renewal has come in from Direct Line at nearly £800

Anyone recommend any insurers for these cars? I use it for business as well as SD&P.

at 29 with 10yrs NCB i dont expect to pay this much.

Going on the compare websites gets it to £635 but try paying monthly which i prefer to do and its back up well over £700

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 172 Insurance

I was getting quotes on a 172 and Elephant seemed to come up trumps for me. Not forgetting if you are a ClioSport member you can get a discount with Sky and Chris Knott

Post Thanks / Like

My clio Trophy with Greenlight is about half that with mods declared the same ncb bui with Ltd mileage.

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My Clio 172 Cup is 452 with More Than, all standard job done!

Post Thanks / Like

I was left speechless recently at quotes for a 182 ive just bought. Im 33 and was getting quotes from 900 - 2000! Ive only got 2 years no claims thanks to a recent company car. My best find after a lot of phoning and surfing was the RAC - via confused.com - who gave me the same cover you're looking for for 580. Im paying monthly which put it at just over 600.

Good luck.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

My 182 is £450 with Elephant fully comp and legal protection etc, ended up being £20 more than my Pulsar was. Cant work that one out, but hey ho, still not too bad from some of the horrific quotes ive seen.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

my old dears in her mid to late 50s, sad to say i have no idea how old she is

anyway, never claimed and her 182s always had quotes from £450 - 600 with me on her policy.. without me on it doesn't make a massive difference (£100 less) hence im still on there. im sure her policy is well spec'd, not a budget o frills one, but still expensive..

my 106 xsi that i've not driven cost me £450 to cover and i bought the car for less than that.. to think i could have just jogged the car on for £500, kept my £450 in my pocket and id be near a grand better off..

gotta get shot of these extra cars, costs are getting out of hand..