Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The ORB

All the old pics are gone but here are a few new ones after a wash. Also tried out putting the interior back in. Opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Must remember to put door pockets back on evidently!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got round to doing the dial kit which I brought in the original group buy years ago! Interior has never been high on the list for me but things are changing

Post Thanks / Like

thats brill, would love to get this done to mine

good work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMayGTT View Post
    Finally got round to doing the dial kit which I brought in the original group buy years ago! Interior has never been high on the list for me but things are changing
    Good work mate iv got a set I bought a while back as well lol

Post Thanks / Like

Dials look fab

Car looks well. I would love to see this with an OE grille and some Renault wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Not too sure that will ever happen Trev but wheels are certainly high on my list of things that could do with changing. It's still a pretty long list though so might not be any time soon

Post Thanks / Like

I finally have some seats for the car. Picked up a full interior from another 80s hot hatch including some very comfy recaro front seats for less than a good Renault 5 drivers seat. Shows how the prices are getting silly really. Now just need to fit them in. Sliders are on base of seat with a bracket sticking out to mount a subframe on so should make it nice and easy as just need a solid frame to bolt to mount and car. Also took the carpet out to be properly jet washed this time, amazed how long the water ran brown for....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm they look nice, Mk 1 astra?

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely right m8, suppose the gte badge is a bit of a give away if you can make it out. They were taken out of the car when it was pretty much new and been stored ever since. Can't wait to get them in now.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got loads of bits done on the car. Relocated air filter on Saturday night to just behind the front bumper as was next to turbo, then set off nice and early next day, just before 7 to get down to Marks to set up the VNT. Was up to this point stuck at 10psi and not giving full boost until very late, was pretty dead. So, quick check of the jetting and a fiddle with the VNT and off we went for a test drive. Only took 3 attempts for Mark to get it kicking in perfectly and boosting around 14psi. Already quite lively that's for sure!
    Had a quick feel of 20psi due to a very sensitive bleed valve, wowzer. Dropped back to just over a bar and really did feel quick, much better than my old t2/25 at 18psi that's for sure, especially considering the heat today. Other jobs tackled, broken mixture screw and fit some Koni's up front with new strut top poly bush's. All credit to Mark, transformed the car completely.

Good drive home, temperatures staying nicely under control on a very hot day. Might even take a pic at some point

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread mate. The car looks great in the flesh, as well.

Glad to hear you got the VNT set up. You'll have to take us for a demo when I see you again. Really interested in seeing the difference it makes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Adam, let me know when you're around m8, happy to go for a blast

Post Thanks / Like

Will do buddy. I'm currently in the process of extracting a sheered off water pump bolt from head. Its a bit tricky, but should be sorted soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that, sure you will have it done in no time!

Post Thanks / Like

Good work there Dave

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got loads of bits done on the car. Relocated air filter on Saturday night to just behind the front bumper as was next to turbo, then set off nice and early next day, just before 7 to get down to Marks to set up the VNT. Was up to this point stuck at 10psi and not giving full boost until very late, was pretty dead. So, quick check of the jetting and a fiddle with the VNT and off we went for a test drive. Only took 3 attempts for Mark to get it kicking in perfectly and boosting around 14psi. Already quite lively that's for sure!
    Had a quick feel of 20psi due to a very sensitive bleed valve, wowzer. Dropped back to just over a bar and really did feel quick, much better than my old t2/25 at 18psi that's for sure, especially considering the heat today. Other jobs tackled, broken mixture screw and fit some Koni's up front with new strut top poly bush's. All credit to Mark, transformed the car completely.

Good drive home, temperatures staying nicely under control on a very hot day. Might even take a pic at some point

Dave glad you finally got the VNT setup on your car to how you want, goes to show how different engines behave differently with different component's. You remember what it was like on my setup and with it just bolted on to your setup was a lag monster or no boost. Yet on mine . We will have to catch up soon looking forward to seeing the ORB
    Last edited by James5; 17-07-2013 at 08:03.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. James, you're absolutely right and Mark was saying the same thing about his when he took his VNT off his car perfectly setup and put onto another and was dead. Definitely catch up soon, I'm still hoping that when we do you will still have your rear engine beast and it will be on the road

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. James, you're absolutely right and Mark was saying the same thing about his when he took his VNT off his car perfectly setup and put onto another and was dead. Definitely catch up soon, I'm still hoping that when we do you will still have your rear engine beast and it will be on the road

I hopefully wont have the rear wheel drive at that point due to trying to sell it at the mo and lack of funds to complete. Defo have to catch up