Post Thanks / Like

thinking of buying a laguna advice

im in the process of looking for another car (no not selling my 5 or breaking it )and have seen a few renault lagunas forsale which are in my price range, i just wonder is there anything that i should look out for, ie comon problems etc ,are they any good, are they reliable any ifo would be good many thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: thinking of buying a laguna advice

gear box noises...especially in the 6-speed boxes,air con controllers on the dash,alot of sensor probs showing up on dash check out
    http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/index.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that,i was thinking of a laguna aged between 1995 -2000, should put that in the first post

Post Thanks / Like

i'd go for bottom of the range everything, less to go wrong. rear axle bushes are common, key cards are a nightmare, very fragile but you can get them repaired v cheap(£20-30) off ebay. card readers a little plastic tab breaks inside so the interior lights stay on if you open a door with the engine running. fiddly cheap fix. bigger wheels destroy bottom ball joints track rod ends and rack ends., 1.9dci turbos arent the best but there really cheap to replace because of this now. I had a 1.6 2001 for a couple of years, brilliant drive and super safe car. great value for money imo there very cheap now.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah sorry 95-2000 is the previous model...... fantastic car. super reliable

Bonnet catches are the only real problem that jumps out at me that i can think of. They have twin latches and they never open lol.

Post Thanks / Like

thats brilliant just the sort of info i was looking for. most models i have seen are the 1.8s,defo not wanting a diesel
    Last edited by modfather; 02-04-2011 at 09:47.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both a laguna 1b and a 2b. The 1b is a 1.8 16v on a w (2000). Got it off Andy g for a couple of hundred quid. It has 150000 miles on the clock and is still strong! Probably the most comfortable car i have owned. It has low down torque but not really a lot of hp. Couple of electrical issues but nowt major. Only thing id 35mpg