Post Thanks / Like

Midlands Rolling Road Day

Hello all,

Whos up for a Rolling Road day at our place?

www.facebook.com/dynodaze

Website being built but will eventually be www.dynodaze.com

Dynodaze Ltd
    Unit 16 Pheonix Business Park
    Brindley Road
    Hinckley
    Leics
    LE10 1BY

Just off the A5, M69

Brand new 2wd Dyno. £30 per run. Minimum 2 Power runs plus printout showing Torque/BHP

Lots of parking for a meet even if you dont want to go on Rollers.
    Burger Van on site all day. Mcdonalds in Hinckley is 1 mile.

Hoping to have a nice Midlands Local meet then as Penfold suggested offer a Rolling Road evening on the Friday of national day.

Cut and paste below and add your name to the list. We will have a discussion on best dates for all of us. Please ask any and all questions i will try to answer them.

1.Kenobi
    2.Marky mark
    Last edited by Kenobi; 15-03-2011 at 09:16.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Midlands Rolling Road Day

Who's the person running the cars?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Who's the person running the cars?

Do you mean physically driving them on the rollers?

If so his name is Richard Ellis, Mechanic of 15 years at Ford.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done fella hope things go well.

Can I just ask if you monerter AFR's or looking for det as in the photo's and bit of video I can't see thats this is being done.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill come along, simply to support a friend, probably wont have anything to run but still, i should be able to bring a few more friends along who would possible run.. is the dyno, fwd/rwd or 4x4 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Logg View Post

Can I just ask if you monerter AFR's or looking for det as in the photo's and bit of video I can't see thats this is being done.

No we dont do that mate. We simply running them on rollers producing power figures. We're not tuning or diagnosing so at this point we are not monitoring boost or afr.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    Ill come along, simply to support a friend, probably wont have anything to run but still, i should be able to bring a few more friends along who would possible run.. is the dyno, fwd/rwd or 4x4 ?

its 2wd Dyno for fwd and rwd.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    No we dont do that mate. We simply running them on rollers producing power figures. We're not tuning or diagnosing so at this point we are not monitoring boost or afr.
    But surely knowing knowing AFR or if the car is deting is a must as if a turbo cars. So you can abort the run and warn the owner rather than the car self destructing while on your rollers or even after as you know what a punter would say the car was fine till it went to "£$%&^*/?@" than it shat it's self. As you know it's very hard to get a good name but takes very little to get a bad rep.

Post Thanks / Like

But surely knowing knowing AFR or if the car is deting is a must as if a turbo cars. So you can abort the run and warn the owner rather than the car self destructing while on your rollers or even after as you know what a punter would say the car was fine till it went to "£$%&^*/?@" than it shat it's self. As you know it's very hard to get a good name but takes very little to get a bad rep.
    True, We just dont have that yet.

You put the vehicle on at your own risk and its not our responsibility to know if your car is unhealthy.

AFR and Boost is the next thing we will be adding to the equipment. need to make some dollar 1st lol.
    Last edited by Kenobi; 15-03-2011 at 11:03.

Post Thanks / Like

1.Kenobi
    2.Marky mark
    3.DjinUk

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a must. All rollers I have been on have used det cans and been monitoring the ARFs. Saved the cossy lump in my anglia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    This is a must. All rollers I have been on have used det cans and been monitoring the ARFs. Saved the cossy lump in my anglia.
    I know what your saying. However its not up to us how well your car runs or doesnt run. We're just doing a power run and printing out the figures.

If you car has got problems realistically you dont want to be driving it anyway. We aren't doing diagnosing faults at this stage simple providing power runs.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what your saying. However its not up to us how well your car runs or doesnt run. We're just doing a power run and printing out the figures.

If you car has got problems realistically you dont want to be driving it anyway. We aren't doing diagnosing faults at this stage simple providing power runs.
    Your not diagnosing faults you just say somethings not right your not willing to run there car. As from your coments seem very naive. A car blows up it's not your fault I get that as all rolling roads are the same but these things need to be monitored as it would only take a few bad experiences to get you labeled as cowboys. Then it's game over once all the keyboard worries get involved.

Anyways good luck with this project. Hope it all works out.
    Last edited by Logg; 15-03-2011 at 13:49.

Post Thanks / Like

Even if you do get the extra gear does anyone there know how to use it?

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

On the road the fault didn't come to light. It was only flat out on the rollers did it start to det, 28 psi out of a T38. I was only paying for a power run and they noticed it and advised no more. I then went away and got the ecu reprogrammed. Probably worth while letting people know before they put their cars on the rollers that you aren’t doing any of the normal checks. Normally get the AFR results on the power runs.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even know i had put my name down for this

Sorry kenobi mate, i not even got a car on the road. Will pop along to give support though.

If i do get my car done and stick it on rollers i'd like to run my car myself if thats ok
    Last edited by Markey Mark (BD); 15-03-2011 at 17:38.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

If i do get my car done and stick it on rollers i'd like to run my car myself if thats ok

No leave it to the professionals

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    On the road the fault didn't come to light. It was only flat out on the rollers did it start to det, 28 psi out of a T38. I was only paying for a power run and they noticed it and advised no more. I then went away and got the ecu reprogrammed. Probably worth while letting people know before they put their cars on the rollers that you aren’t doing any of the normal checks. Normally get the AFR results on the power runs.

The man speaks the truth. You should as a dyno operator let people know what's going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    I didn't even know i had put my name down for this

Sorry kenobi mate, i not even got a car on the road. Will pop along to give support though.

Yes of course you can do that Marky no worries.

FAO carcrash and others, thanks for posting so far.

Our Dyno operator Rich has lots of experience on rolling roads. We've all been trained on top of that by both the Dyno manufacturers and a company in Melton called Tractive Solutions who are also overseeing what we do and providing technical support. Please dont take me to be the expert here as im far from it. My part of this business is not the technical side.

We've been very busy so far and we're doing business with our neigbours R-tech who are tuning Vag all day long next door. They are handing us a lot of work and we're greatful to them for thier support.

AFR aside, yes we want that and we can bolt it on to the software at any point but our service is very straight forward.

We're simply doing power runs. Nothing more.

You guys know me so im gunna ask a question here as im sure your used to me doing. Please dont flame my ass,

Why would a power run differ from say driving you car onto a motorway or kaning it down the lanes?
    Do you measure your AFR's then? If you had a problem wouldn't yo already know this and choose not to have a power run?

If you have a problem on the power run with fueling surely you had it driving to the event?

Is my Dyno operator more likely tp blow your car up than you are?

these are genuine questions so please give genuine answers. Many thanks

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

its great that it near me. but i think im gonna miss this as im already on bluntys rr day on saturday. there no point imo. but thanks for the invite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MADFIVE View Post
    its great that it near me. but i think im gonna miss this as im already on bluntys rr day on saturday. there no point imo. but thanks for the invite.
    Come down any sunday fella, hang out, eat etc see what turns up on the day. Thats part of the fun.

We have plenty of owners club days booked (even without AFR) so if your local come grab som complimentary ear defenders and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

AFR Purchased for incar monitoring. Using probe up the bum of the cars.

Hopefuly this will put owners who are unsure how thier cars are fueling minds at rest.

over the weekend we had a 340bhp 200sx on the rollers. The owner asked to sit in and monitor his own AFR with the understanding he could quit the run at any time.

Luckily our insurance allows this so he was a very happy customer. He quit on second power run but i totally understand why he did that.

We had a bloody good turn out.

Photos here

http://www.revlimitmag.com/blog/index.php?p=125

We had a Honda Jordan that ran 370bhp!!!!

Thats 10 more than my Evo!!

Post Thanks / Like

popped to this to how some support.. the turn out was pretty damn epic and a nice atmosphere..

Still not convinced on that civic though dude, the tuner where he got it built only told it would push up to around 300 horses.

Was some very nice jap metal lying around, i think the afr monitoring gear should put many minds at rest bud.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

some great pictures mate keep up the good work no dout ill be down again soon.

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

website proof reading fail....
    from a writer too....

http://www.revlimitmag.com/ourstaff/index.php?p=75

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    website proof reading fail....
    from a writer too....

http://www.revlimitmag.com/ourstaff/index.php?p=75

I did not write that thankfully.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    some great pictures mate keep up the good work no dout ill be down again soon.

Mat

Thanks Smokey it was a great day with some wicked cars. Just about to sign up for Rising sun car show so all you jap fans (joke) can see us there. Discounts fro RTOC members running Jap cars with dumpvalves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    popped to this to how some support.. the turn out was pretty damn epic and a nice atmosphere..

Still not convinced on that civic though dude, the tuner where he got it built only told it would push up to around 300 horses.

Was some very nice jap metal lying around, i think the afr monitoring gear should put many minds at rest bud.
    The Civic was mega dude.

Committee Member James_Surridge G1 5 GTT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would attend

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

So, if loads of 5's go on the rollers for power runs with no AFR monitoring the night/day before ND does that mean it could be very empty on track come ND?!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed View Post
    So, if loads of 5's go on the rollers for power runs with no AFR monitoring the night/day before ND does that mean it could be very empty on track come ND?!
    If you read the thread he has purchased an afr reading device so you answer is no cus a run can be called off at any point.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok but what about det cans? any sef-respecting rolling road owner/operator should have them/use them right from the start as they are very cheap to buy.

I certainly won't be taking my car there.

Post Thanks / Like

Cracking pics on the website, I could see the front of the GTX on the second pic, lol. Good on you guys for a successful start to a new business.

Btw, on the web pics, the red Civic is a CRX.

Now that some $ has come in, get the det-can issue sorted then no-one has any angle for stick.