Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

bad news petrol is going to hit £2.00 a litre!

petrol is going to hit £2.00 a litre this really aint good news i thnk we should be doing something to stop this guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: bad news petrol is going to hit £2.00 a litre!

And?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raider_gtt View Post
    petrol is going to hit £2.00 a litre this really aint good news i thnk we should be doing something to stop this guys
    Who said it is??

Post Thanks / Like

The answer is ridiculously easy. Drive less, drive a more economical car, cycle more, use public transport more. There is huge quantities of slack in all these areas. When we do this, we will be fitter, have more money in our pocket, and probably happier!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    Who said it is??

been on the news tonight

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    The answer is ridiculously easy. Drive less, drive a more economical car, cycle more, use public transport more. There is huge quantities of slack in all these areas. When we do this, we will be fitter, have more money in our pocket, and probably happier!!!!

Do you think i could get away with turning up at a pupils house and saying, ok for todays driving lesson where gonna ride our bike to the trainstation, get a train to the next town and then a bus to your college....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Do you think i could get away with turning up at a pupils house and saying, ok for todays driving lesson where gonna ride our bike to the trainstation, get a train to the next town and then a bus to your college....
    nah,i think the best thing for you to do,is first lesson teach them how to use the cruise control!!!.....go economy drive...

and your already car sharing..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

love it didnt think of that one

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    nah,i think the best thing for you to do,is first lesson teach them how to use the cruise control!!!.....go economy drive...

and your already car sharing..
    Cruise control uses around 5% more fuel, AA journey back uses a lot less

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

RUBBISH the country would grind to a standstill with food and daily products being transported by road the haulage companies couldn,t afford to operate the government needs to get there heads out of there arses.

Post Thanks / Like

Petroleum industry using the current protests in the middle east to crank up their profits by an unreasonable margin. Does the extra pressure on their supply chain equate to an additional 80p/ltr at the pumps...seriously doubt it. Daylight robbery imo.

North Sea oil production is still over 1000 million barrels a year, I don't understand why we get so shafted but as stated by others something needs to be done about it. For the record I don't personally do a great deal of miles, but feel for the people that do commute by car and those in the road haulage industry.

Post Thanks / Like

theres no need for them to be soo high. tbh though its just our ****ty govenment. yeh the price of the barrel has gone up but its all the tax that the govenment puts on it. nowhere else in europe has this much of a problem

Post Thanks / Like

if it was £5 a liter i'd still buy it.... fcuk to the tax, i wont use public transport as it cost me too me too much to run MY car in the 1st place, with all the tax's etc on everything, from what i earn to road tax to insurance tax to VAT on anything i buy to fix it!

petrol is still cheaper than kopparberg, and i still buy that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    petrol is still cheaper than kopparberg, and i still buy that
    Only by about 10p or so (well, compared to diesel or s.u anyway)

I don't see it hitting £2 P/L; heads would roll if it ever got to that. A good chance it'll hit £1.50 P/L by Summer though, if things carry on the way they are.

It's the petroleum co.s blatently playing on the shenanigans going on in Libya et all - Saudi (for one) have upped their production output to cover the reduction from Libya, and with a massive reserve of the stuff literally a stone's throw off the N.E parts of the UK, there's really no need for these fecking ridiculous pump prices.

How very typical of petroleum companies to cash in on other's misfortunes. Of course, the Gov. tax doesn't (and never has) help matters either.

B*stards, the lot of them.

The days of petrol being sub-£1 are a thing of the past now, imho...

Post Thanks / Like

if it helps.. even buyign my veg oil for the diesel , in bulk i pay .. £1.01 a litre

Post Thanks / Like

Diesel down here is already £1.40 a litre, tesco 5p of vouchers are handy.... use & gerry can to save every penny... often fill upto £90 a time.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Diesel down here is already £1.40 a litre, tesco 5p of vouchers are handy.... use & gerry can to save every penny... often fill upto £90 a time.....

Post Thanks / Like

Costs me £93 to fill the S Max, gives me anywhere between 350-400 miles around town.

Ive generally never cared about the price of fuel because if I'm going to use my car, I'm prepared to foot the fuel bill.

I can't wait to move/work in the UAE...fuel costs approximately 15-20p a litre

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Costs me £93 to fill the S Max, gives me anywhere between 350-400 miles around town.

Ive generally never cared about the price of fuel because if I'm going to use my car, I'm prepared to foot the fuel bill.

I can't wait to move/work in the UAE...fuel costs approximately 15-20p a litre
    Woo is it that much now? When I was out there is cost £2 to fill the Yank tank we had. So prices are going up every where.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed Mike, its cost on average now £4 to £5 to fill a tank now, sad times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    if it helps.. even buyign my veg oil for the diesel , in bulk i pay .. £1.01 a litre
    in asda its 1.04 per litre for own brand. 1.09 per litre for KTC 15 litre.
    even they have gone up 10p per litre in the last 3months.....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

national day on pushbikes this year methinks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bod 182 View Post
    national day on pushbikes this year methinks

yea ok"s then i will get the old chopper bike out then

Post Thanks / Like

I've just got back from the Shell Garage, and V Power is 2p per litre cheaper than last week. It's now the same price as diesel - 135.9p.

Post Thanks / Like

hemp

Post Thanks / Like

go green

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    I've just got back from the Shell Garage, and V Power is 2p per litre cheaper than last week. It's now the same price as diesel - 135.9p.
    I noticed that tonight aswell Billy beefcake, seems like Denzil prices you see are the V Power prices now . Still a joke though, but I have cut down on junk food so that goes towards food for the car. , will seem silly cheap soon even at 150p when I get a 172.

Post Thanks / Like

The £2/litre is inevitable chaps.With our Government tax pricing structure there is no reverse trend. The public purse relies too heavily on it.

Might not happen as quickly as the last few months but it will happen and with security in the Middle East getting more and more uncertain by the day you can't expect anything different. You can be certain of one thing and that's oil companies always have and always will have absolutely no worries making the maximum possible profit at all times. That's the way it is when you market exhaustible commodites. And of course they can change supply as and when it suits them, operating together in a cartel like OPEC. Self regulated and backed by every big player Government in the World.

If a government can ride on the back of that financially........................

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Well if it happens everything else will go up to compensate. Think that there will be fuel protests again, remember when it happened in 2000 got a few days off work though!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It makes my blood boil!

I'm using at least three tanks a week for my driving school and it has gone up from £30 per tank to £52 per tank over the last two years, even if it stays the same all this year (belive me it won't) that will be 3k straight out of my back pocket

Thats a big hit and i'm most defiantly feeling it recently

This recesion is really going to hit most working class people this year, whats the saying??? "**** rolls down hill!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTphil View Post
    It makes my blood boil!

I'm using at least three tanks a week for my driving school and it has gone up from £30 per tank to £52 per tank over the last two years, even if it stays the same all this year (belive me it won't) that will be 3k straight out of my back pocket

Thats a big hit and i'm most defiantly feeling it recently

This recesion is really going to hit most working class people this year, whats the saying??? "**** rolls down hill!"
    & yet pupils still want lessons for f*ck all, bill plant offering 5 lessons for £56, and still people thing driving instructors earn £30k a year lol

Post Thanks / Like

It's literally quite laughable! lessons at that price surely can not be sustainable
    Your doing well if you can earn even half of 30k doing this job now!

One school round my way is doing lessons for £17 per hour that's just for a straight hour no special offer or promation or anything, he's selling his own industry short!

Post Thanks / Like

& yet pupils still want lessons for f*ck all, bill plant offering 5 lessons for £56, and still people thing driving instructors earn £30k a year lol
    That is really cheap!! I remember back in 1997 when I started lessons, I got 10 lessons for £110 with the big red L. That was really cheap even back then as it was generally around £15 a hour. Petrol I think was about 60p per litre so it did not cost much I doubt to fill the 1.1 Rover Metro I learned in!

I assume that they are just realling people in with the 5 lessons for £56 as once you start learning with someone you rarely switch to someone else. They can then bump the price up to £25 an hour or whatever there after. What is the average cost for an hours lesson now a days?
    Last edited by Rob1980; 08-03-2011 at 15:39.

Post Thanks / Like

Round my way the going rate seems to be £20/£22 per hour with many instructors doing deals for block bookings and promo deals to get the kids in the seat so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill plant normally charge £22 per hour after the 1st 5 hours & make there pupils do atlead 45 hours, alot of the big driving schools sell pre paid packages (ie: buy 40 hours & get a great discount)

The amount of hours the average pupil needs varies, the national average is 44-50 hours now.. hence the big schools selling 40 hour packages...

I charge £18-£22 an hour depending on deals etc to pupils...
    £35-£50 pan hour for Instructor Tuition (IE training people to become instructors)

£50-£100 for out of town last min cancellations recently had a few of these paying £200 for 2.5 hours work... covers my excess if they prang my car, if they dont then I win

Post Thanks / Like

Bill plant normally charge £22 per hour after the 1st 5 hours & make there pupils do atlead 45 hours, alot of the big driving schools sell pre paid packages (ie: buy 40 hours & get a great discount)

The amount of hours the average pupil needs varies, the national average is 44-50 hours now.. hence the big schools selling 40 hour packages...

I charge £18-£22 an hour depending on deals etc to pupils...
    £35-£50 pan hour for Instructor Tuition (IE training people to become instructors)

£50-£100 for out of town last min cancellations recently had a few of these paying £200 for 2.5 hours work... covers my excess if they prang my car, if they dont then I win
    40 hours!! i passed in 2001 after 11hours!!

Post Thanks / Like

The majority of my pupils get through with under 30 hours, it seems to be around 70%. Maybe i'm being to honest!

Not always the case I have had one student who had had 60 hours with three other instructors before he even came to me and he still couldn't drive! another 40 hours and three tests later we finally got there!

My lowest is also 11 hours with a first time pass! I was pretty chuffed with that!

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

100 hour and how many tests, you do wonder if they belong on the road if it takes that long, yes they might have passed the test but can they actually drive. Its like exams, you can pass the exam doesn't mean you know any of the stuff in it.

16 hours and passed first time and only got 1 wrong in the test, worse thing is they wont tell you what you got wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    40 hours!! i passed in 2001 after 11hours!!
    40+ hours is a national average, this is going on data from the DSA, assuming pupils having 2 hour lessons once a week etc, sadly there is no data for Fully qualified instructors,& Trainees (did you know there was such a thing as a trainee instructor, could you tell the difference, they dont have to tell you and they charge the same...BSM- who are now owned by theAA after going bankrupt, RED etc are huge training schools and many of there instructors are not fully qualified)

My average is less than 30 hours, my best is somebody with no motoring experience passed within 12 hours with 3 minors

Post Thanks / Like

I passed after about 35 hours I think, but it took me until the third time to pass

Having said that, I don't think it makes me a worse driver. My friend's Dad was a driving instructor at the time (retired now), taught him how to drive for free, got as many lessons as he wanted, passed first time, but has crashed twice since passing. I've not crashed once in the 4.5 years I've been driving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    in asda its 1.04 per litre for own brand. 1.09 per litre for KTC 15 litre.
    even they have gone up 10p per litre in the last 3months.....

asda has now changed supplier...its down to 98p per litre

Post Thanks / Like

are you saying mark that petrol is 98p a ltr by you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IANMM View Post
    are you saying mark that petrol is 98p a ltr by you?
    He is talking about Veg Oil mate.

Post Thanks / Like

i was about to bloody say....lol that will teach me only to read the end of a post

Post Thanks / Like

i may have to go clear there shelves.

Post Thanks / Like

i may have to go clear there shelves.
    Do you use it in your 306? How many MPG do you get? Think I need to buy myself an old derv

Post Thanks / Like

Public transport down this way is ****, it costs me more to bus to work or town than it does to drive. Why would I catch a bus? Stick to my car thanks. Country is pants these days

Post Thanks / Like

indeed i do.. neat aswell.

i seem to get 50+ around 54 i think i calculated.

Post Thanks / Like

indeed i do.. neat aswell.

i seem to get 50+ around 54 i think i calculated.
    i use it in my 1998 megane scenic dti, with 1ml acetone added per litre of fuel. i mix its 50-50 or 60-40 with diesel for cold starting. i get approx 48mpg mixed driving.

Post Thanks / Like

moan...moan...moan....there always be something.....smile be happy!!!