Post Thanks / Like

AA or RAC?

Just after a bit piece of mind and was wondering who you lot use or can recommend?

any advice would be great

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AA or RAC?

Neither. ADAC+

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im with the AA ..i have it with my bank of scotland current account ..towed me home once from work which is 15miles away from home didnt charge me anything

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been with the AA for years and they have never let me down. They even trailered Doris back from Silverstone when I blew the engine at TRAX. They had a guy by the gate and I just went up to him and told him what had happened I fully expected I would have to pay but who ever was in the office OK'd it.

The other day my daughters car broke down and a AA van came past I just waved at him and he pulled over to see if he could help, he remembered Doris from a previous occasion.

Post Thanks / Like

ive been with the aa for years always come out pritty quick been towed fair few times to

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bass J View Post
    ..towed me home once from work which is 15miles away from home didnt charge me anything
    Isn't that what you pay for?

I'm with the AA as well (Get it dirt cheap because my dad's been a member since Captain Birdseye was a Sea Cadet), and can't fault them. I've only had to use them twice so far (same car, same problem ), and they've been fine. The only thing I don't like is the constant phone calls after you've used them asking for feedback, even though you've already filled out a feedback form at the time!

ADAC are supposed to be very good, and useful if you drive in Europe a lot, but in this country they contract the work out to the AA, I think.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Isn't that what you pay for?

I'm with the AA as well (Get it dirt cheap because my dad's been a member since Captain Birdseye was a Sea Cadet), and can't fault them. I've only had to use them twice so far (same car, same problem ), and they've been fine. The only thing I don't like is the constant phone calls after you've used them asking for feedback, even though you've already filled out a feedback form at the time!

ADAC are supposed to be very good, and useful if you drive in Europe a lot, but in this country they contract the work out to the AA, I think.
    aye lol ...never used them before ..used to fone reco on ere for a tow ...never used a breakdown company before

Post Thanks / Like

RAC for those 'im totally f ucked' situations..

Post Thanks / Like

RAC - Rescue Another Cnut

Post Thanks / Like

BILL - bald in like lemon...

Post Thanks / Like

cheers folks i think im gunna go with the AA is it worth getting the homestart thing as well as the national recovery

also if i go through quidco i get £60 back (eventually)

Post Thanks / Like

Thats my job aa patrol, give me a ring if you want to join 07921219851. I' ll get you the best deal and let you know how it all works jason.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with both
    Have a joint account with the wife for RAC & then AA as it's through my insurance & bank account

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newbstar* View Post
    Thats my job aa patrol, give me a ring if you want to join 07921219851. I' ll get you the best deal and let you know how it all works jason.

i will do thanks m8, its gunna be the end of the month, have mot, tax and insurance to pay for

Post Thanks / Like

Jason,

I was with the AA for over 10 years, never made one claim and the re-newal was always £101!! Had to phone and fight for a competitive quote every year. Even then it was £75. In the end i gave up and cancelled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    Jason,

I was with the AA for over 10 years, never made one claim and the re-newal was always £101!! Had to phone and fight for a competitive quote every year. Even then it was £75. In the end i gave up and cancelled.
    To be fair, isnt that the same as every service? Gas, water electric providers and insurance.By making a phone call you saved yourself £££. We live in a targets and figures lifestyle now so why increases in your policy. Who you with now, and how much you pay? Ithink all of the above can do better for there customers.

Post Thanks / Like

having used both aa and rac id 100% stay clear of AA and 100% reccomend RAC.

Rac have always helped me out, no problems, never had issues due to cars being low etc, always been there within 45 mins, honestly brilliant.. well reccommended.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with theAA, have the full package, but i am only with them after gettin free cover for a year after they left me on the M20 for 6 hours at night on the way to nd05, they have never charged me or my dad again (was on his account as its a family one....

I have been recovered since then, and they have never noticed we havent paid since then..... win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    having used both aa and rac id 100% stay clear of AA and 100% reccomend RAC.

Rac have always helped me out, no problems, never had issues due to cars being low etc, always been there within 45 mins, honestly brilliant.. well reccommended.

cheers m8, looking into it you get more for your money with RAC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    I am with theAA, have the full package, but i am only with them after gettin free cover for a year after they left me on the M20 for 6 hours at night on the way to nd05, they have never charged me or my dad again (was on his account as its a family one....

I have been recovered since then, and they have never noticed we havent paid since then..... win

i bet you where pretty pissed at the time though

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josie172cup View Post
    i bet you where pretty pissed at the time though

Well after an hour or so i remember i had my tent and sleeping bag in the car, camped up behind the barrier, kept nice and warm.... in the end the kent police had to arrange recover for me.... they gave theaa a bollocking as by law there meant to recover you of the motorway within an hour....

Post Thanks / Like

Im with AA , costs about £8 pm ,make sure you get the policy that gets you home and not just tows the car to the nearest garage , i got taken all the way from Bruntingthorpe to my front door in scotland the same day as being recovered , Awesome service

Post Thanks / Like

AA here too, recovered me many a time, even in an MGF from edinborough to bury in the same day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josie172cup View Post
    cheers m8, looking into it you get more for your money with RAC
    How do you know that when you havnt ask me, Like it when you make a fire and someone pisses on it

Post Thanks / Like

How do you know that when you havnt ask me, Like it when you make a fire and someone pisses on it

haha sorry m8 i completely forgot about you, in my own little world atm