Post Thanks / Like

aghhh , swapping door crisis

Ok, swapping my roll pin type doors for a pair of torx type.. fitted one, no issues, drilled the hinge to 8mm , dropped in sleeves and hye presto on.. ok now the second one it appears the hinges are closer together on the door than on my shell..

ill let the pics do the talking..

all i can think of doing its grinding a very small amount of the bottom of the top hinge part, and making a spacer/washer to close the gap at the bottom,, then i will just have to hope that once fitted it lines up correctly still with the wing and rear quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: aghhh , swapping door crisis

Would hitting it down a little with a hammer not sort it do you think ?

**EDIT** I assume it doesn't fit if you undo the bottom & slide it on together ??

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah mate whack the hinge on the shell, i would give all the hinges a good whack to get the door lines perfect, up or down and even forwards and back, its a chew but worth it

Post Thanks / Like

looking at your last pic, i would say your hinge is out of alignment by the height of the bush fitted to lower hinge. Dont forget old pin had no bushes so you,ve changed the dimensions. I personnally would measure up the door hinges to frame with no bushes fitted and then remove adequate metal for bush fitment. Hammering hinge might help but hinge wouldn't be straight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5279 View Post
    looking at your last pic, i would say your hinge is out of alignment by the height of the bush fitted to lower hinge. Dont forget old pin had no bushes so you,ve changed the dimensions. I personnally would measure up the door hinges to frame with no bushes fitted and then remove adequate metal for bush fitment. Hammering hinge might help but hinge wouldn't be straight.
    It does not matter if the hinge is not straight as long as the door is, do you think the hinges are welded on in the factory perfect every time, no they alway need some adjustment.

I saw lad swinging on doors at Nissan to get a nice fit

Post Thanks / Like

gave the top hinge a whack down , and the bottom a whack up.. job done , door fits , and meets with the rear 1/4, 2moro ill drop the front wing on to check thats all fine and dandy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    gave the top hinge a whack down , and the bottom a whack up.. job done , door fits , and meets with the rear 1/4, 2moro ill drop the front wing on to check thats all fine and dandy.
    nice,i got this to do soon...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i could do with a new door on mine some **** bent it back!!! anyone got a red one spare?