Post Thanks / Like

Rear scraping noise issue.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick one...

Have noticed a 'scraping' noise coming from the rear of my R5, and im trying to think what is the problem.

I 'think' its one of the rear pistons in the rear brakes seizing up and keeping the contact between the pads and disc going, as when you increase speed, the 'scraping' noise also speeds up.

I've had the rear brakes briefly apart and the passenger side piston was good, easy to get out and put back in, but the drivers side was a right pain in the arse to wind back in.

Opinions?
    Think its probably that and needs a further looking at?

Cheers,
    Luke

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rear scraping noise issue.

Sure its not your tyres? worth checking they are not being damaged. or you could have a stone or somthing trapped somwhere

Post Thanks / Like

check to see if there is any wear difference on both sides should then be able to tell if its ure brakes. also could be your tyres like JRP said

Post Thanks / Like

yo yo yo............... the rear calipers are a bitch for sticking if you leave the hand brake on for evan 2 days...................... i drive slowly and tug.a dozen or so times on the hand brake as hard as i can then it clears............... i had the exct same problem on the clio cup.... i leave the hand brake off now and have the car in gear............. simples.. i hope.............