Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault 5 GT Turbo Raider

Well today didn't quite go to plan managed to plug in the dash just about to connect it up at the back and noticed when putting in the wiper stalk the plastic bracket which it screws into was missing, then had to unplug everything and then start repairing that part of the dash and a couple of other bits, should have taken a better look at it first really. Well Q-Bond is great stuff, stuck the brackets and missing plastic onto the dash and not going anywhere Then checked rest of wiring loom and found two plugs which im not sure where they go, one is cable tied to the vent tubing on OS, and the other is a 3 wire plug which is by the same wires as the clock, cigarette lighter and light. Will upload pic of these if anyone can point out what they are supposed to connect up to, have put all the items together whilst its out of the car and cant think of anything which I have missed, more than likely going to kick myself when somebody says what they are though.

Post Thanks / Like

Both plugs which you can see the ends facing.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a feeling Dale No* 2 is your brake pedal to brake lights, plugs on the top of the arm.... (or at least i hope so, looks familiar with that sleeve...)

No* 1 heater dials??? rear wiper/washer???

Wernt really much point me posting, oh well...
    Last edited by Neak; 29-04-2011 at 23:21. Reason: F-up... Should be asleep...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neak View Post
    Got a feeling Dale No* 2 is your brake pedal to brake lights, plugs on the top of the arm.... (or at least i hope so, looks familiar with that sleeve...)

No* 1 heater dials??? rear wiper/washer???

Wernt really much point me posting, oh well...
    Yeah my mind is totally blank there, should have guessed the brake switch.

Got all the wiring for the buttons and the heater controls, so just need to work out where the pic 1 goes. I might check the heater box see if there is any more plugs round there, that one is easy enough to get to afterwards so will put the dash in tomorrow (again ) then will put a battery in place and see if there is any life in the electrics

Post Thanks / Like

Found the last plug, connects up to the heater control wiring

Post Thanks / Like

Dash now in and screwed in, all plugs connected up, carpet been repaired and put in place, gear stick and centre console plus switches now in. Waiting for a new ignition barrel with uncut wires before I start putting a battery in place. Nearly getting there on the road

Post Thanks / Like

Ok have finished all the small little things gradually and cleaned a lot of items, but I have now got there, thanx to Mike for sending me more items than I should buy really but the car has finally started up. The distributor is 180 degrees out but swapped the leads around and voila the car started up first time

Here is a video of it running

http://youtu.be/nzY3DJGi70c

Still more to do like the exhaust, rest of bodykit but at least an end is in sight now

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Dale!

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

looking good, i think this will be the first 5 ive seen you driving, if you bring it to ND..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    looking good, i think this will be the first 5 ive seen you driving, if you bring it to ND..
    dont want to break a habit then, think I should leave it at home and drive the BMW up now then, well if I get no major set backs anymore, should be all good for ND

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    Come to think of it...Ditto...

Post Thanks / Like

I have pictures of it at santa pod with me driving

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any updates to share Bigfoot?

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't lower the back end down yesterday so have got on with some more things, front end now put all together and all aligned up, done last lots of nuts and bolts in the front end, gear selecter connected just need to adjust so all gears to select, connected up rear number plate lights but lights not working, so more than likely related to why the rear wiper not working so will investigate tomorrow, its all ready for the side skirts now after cleaning up the clip section, need to drill out the pop rivets though.

The front wiper isn't parking, so need to work out what relay that is unless somebody knows? sure it doesn't need for MOT.

Exhaust all put in place, just need exhaust clamps to join them up. Need to work out how to turn the dizzy round 180 degrees couldn't work that out but didn't look much into that yet as not essential at the moment. Fingers cross should be all finished and working tomorrow and then just need to raise the back end up tuesday evening then MOT time, nothing quite like a rush to get things done

Post Thanks / Like

Got to the problem with no rear wiper or number plate lights, 3 wires were cut by the hinge of the boot, have now put wires through the rubber protection and will solder them up after lunch

Post Thanks / Like

Well thats just pissed me off, the bloke who done my spraying was sorting out a couple of bits and still had a few of my items left, has decided to just walk off, can still get into the garage but they couldn't find my bits which was needed for the car. So now im down a fuel cap, the rear bumper surround and the side skirt seals and there was a new set for sale on here but guess they have gone. So renault want near on £148 to replace the surround and seal and get a second hand cap and spray that up

Well going to do some investigating and hunt that bloke down to get my money back, I know he is local and on facebook which found, so just need to keep searching and find out more info on the bloke.

Post Thanks / Like

Well after the whole thing whats happened today, not happy with how much I might have to pay out but still worked on the car today, got the boot now locking properly with a boot lock in place, not that its sprayed got the tow eye cap as well, once again not sprayed but I had to cheer myself up somehow and after the amount of hassle getting this part over from Switzerland, thanx to Turbohead and Clee for finding the bloke I have now installed the radio, not wired it up yet but that will be later, just wanted it in place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Well after the whole thing whats happened today, not happy with how much I might have to pay out but still worked on the car today, got the boot now locking properly with a boot lock in place, not that its sprayed got the tow eye cap as well, once again not sprayed but I had to cheer myself up somehow and after the amount of hassle getting this part over from Switzerland, thanx to Turbohead and Clee for finding the bloke I have now installed the radio, not wired it up yet but that will be later, just wanted it in place

Loving the old rubber mats there fella!

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Lomo

Loving the small things on this car, shame its not going to be all put together for ND but well on its way for its MOT on friday

Raised the back end up to normal height, front is still too high but will have to leave that another day
    Brakes are all bled and working
    Managing to select all gears now
    Turned the dizzy round 180 and fires up again once I put a charger on the car managed to drain it down with sorting out all the lights all round
    Tomorrow night is put everything back together and remove all the tools from the boot ready for friday for MOT

Managed to pick up another thing from eBay, genuine brand new ignition barrel and strike pin, the renault keys look so nice and now thinking it looks to good to use

Plus person is sold me a set of brand new renault wheel bolts, dont know why im having them because you cant see them under the caps but I know they are there

Thinking I might actually do some work whilst at ND during the day if more needs doing, not decided yet, then again drink and watching cars go round the track will keep me busy plus meeting up the lot of you.

Post Thanks / Like

brill thread and build, would love my raider build to turn out even half as nice as this.

good work

Post Thanks / Like

Just got it back yesterday from another company which was sorting out the items which I wasn't happy with from the previous sprayer, they removed the windscreen and found a few problems which wouldn't have helped in a few years time
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

More pics

Post Thanks / Like

And more..

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Looks lovely, worth a pretty penny now tho ain't it fella I'm getting near that stage, goin away to have the welding done this week at some point, seals in and out, rear bumper points, o/s/f inner wing, can't wait to get it done so I can get in a work and paint the thing,lol looking for a mint tailgate without the glass and a pair of mint skirts if u know of anyone local? Lol long shot I know but will pay good money if they are good good u know