Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

audi a3

a friend of mine is looking to buy an a3 probally a 1.8t, they have asked me to try and find some info about them. I have looked for an a3 owners club and the likes and the ones ive come across have little information or seem like a ghost town lol.

So was just woundering if anyone knows much about them, or if youve got one etc.

They also asked what are the differences between the 1.8t and the 1.8se if anyone could shed some lihght on that would be great. obviously the turbo, and im thinkg the turbo probally have better suspension brakes etc?

Or if anybody knows any decent sites where i could find such info.

Also what sort of mileage could you expect the 1.8t lumps to be able to handle?

Any help would be awesome cheers

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: audi a3

bro owns a 1.8t a3 earlier models had the ko3 turbo later ones had the better ko3s, ko3 is limited to around 200bhp max ko3s can do 230ish.

engines are like most if looked after they will last as long as you have the car, they are known for coils going a bit though.

they are pretty boring as standard but a simple remap even on the tiny ko3 brings them to life