Post Thanks / Like

Anti-lag systems?

I was reading through redline mag and there was a section on turbo's etc... basicly there was a part on anti-lag systems that seem pretty simple to replicate and i was wondering if anyone has tried any of these?
    1; A system used by peugeot and renault in group b and f1 in the 80's that was like a throttle body on the turbo inlet that closes when off throttle and keeps the turbo in a vacuum and keeps it spinning, and i guess a one way valve so the engine can suck in air at idle but closes when on boost.

2; Again used in rally cars, basicly a pipe coming of the compressor outlet and going to the turbine inlet. This works like a jet engine when the air mixes with the exhaust gases and unburnt fuel keeping the wheels spinning.

3; rally again, and a simple bypass the throttle body retarding the ignition timing increasing thr fuel and full boost all the time even when breaking is achieved, Im not sure if the ecu will do this on its own or if there is anything other than the bypass that needs to be done, but im sure ive seen something looking like this on haz's car

Anyone know any more on these if they work etc... what you tried?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anti-lag systems?

It works alright otherwise no one would use it. Could be quite expensive though as the extreme heat can cause problems, it all depends on how aggressive you have it set up. 2 bar on idle like rally cars takes some serious cash, inconel exhaust manifold, valves, maram 247 shaft and turbine wheel in the turbo. Either way it's going to shorten the service life of your motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats why if number 1 worked it would be the best no extra fueling or ignition mods to suit it would also be quite simple to make work with a throttle body etc... And a one way for air at idle. Maybe something to try in the future

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought Grp B cars worked by having an injector in the exhaust manifold?

Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure matey no doubt there are many other ways of doing it thats what im trying to find out. Do you know any more on the injector in the manifold? Ideally I would like a purley mechanical way of doing it like in number 1. I know ecu's can do anti-lag but I want something I can add on to what I have. Even if its not the most effictive way of doing it as long as its cheap and easy.