Post Thanks / Like

13 inch tyres

what are the chosen tyres for 13's now that uniroyals are unavailable. 888's are also unavailable and im not paying for the top yokos so whats everyone using. i was eyeing up falkens, any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 13 inch tyres

Yoko a048s are only a fiver dearer than r888's mate, good tyres too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    Yoko a048s are only a fiver dearer than r888's mate, good tyres too.
    £92 a corner plus fit
    888's were 70 ish plus fit but you get 5 or 10% off with camskill

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

federal are doing a tyre now that is like a 888 iv forgetting the name i think its sumthing like a rsr but look it up they are hard to come by but cheep as chips and i know alot of lads that are using them,

Post Thanks / Like

The Falkens are a budget to mid-range tyre, but there not too bad for the price. I'm at work tomorrow morning so I could see what's available if you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_8 View Post
    The Falkens are a budget to mid-range tyre, but there not too bad for the price. I'm at work tomorrow morning so I could see what's available if you want.
    it would be much appreciated please jamie. i want somthing decent but not paying £400 a set.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 16vturbo View Post

federal are doing a tyre now that is like a 888 iv forgetting the name i think its sumthing like a rsr but look it up they are hard to come by but cheep as chips and i know alot of lads that are using them,
    smallest size they do is 15".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    it would be much appreciated please jamie. i want somthing decent but not paying £400 a set.
    no worries. I'll let you know tomorrow or monday

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_8 View Post
    smallest size they do is 15".
    shame they are a realy good tyre aswell iv always ran 888's but i was considering changeing to them now they arent easy to get hold ov. their are still places selling 888's but its gotta be a toyo franchies so they are still out their just they are as expensive as yoko's now. tell ya what i use for the road is toyo t1r's i ran the same 1/4 time on them as i did on 888's. iv have heard that toyo is bringin a new t1r out road pattern/tyre but the same compound as a 888

Post Thanks / Like

t1r's are not available in 13's and 888's are out of stock untill mid march.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 16vturbo View Post

shame they are a realy good tyre aswell iv always ran 888's but i was considering changeing to them now they arent easy to get hold ov. their are still places selling 888's but its gotta be a toyo franchies so they are still out their just they are as expensive as yoko's now. tell ya what i use for the road is toyo t1r's i ran the same 1/4 time on them as i did on 888's. iv have heard that toyo is bringin a new t1r out road pattern/tyre but the same compound as a 888
    They brought the r1r out a year or so ago which is supposed to have 95% of the grip of the 888's in the dry, but much better in the wet, but again these are only available in limited sizes. I think the new Mitsubishi Evos come out the factory with them

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in much need of finding a good alternative but still nothing i can find is any good. I need some weblinks fed to me on a plate.

Post Thanks / Like

From experiance of trying most options on track and feedback from others using they tend to go

starting best
    slicks
    048's
    888's
    all other options

I have used the R1R's on a vx and good half way between road tyre wet performance and 888 dry but not sure they are in 13 size? I always ran the 888's on the vx as they were a lot cheaper and laster a bit better than 048's but not anymore and getting 888's is a pain hence trying to get you to use R1R

I am building up 3 sets of wheel / tyre combo for the track beast and will
    I will be running a full set of wets, full set of 048's and full set of slicks

In the future may go wider at the back for a 8inc and 6inc front but bigger fish to fry before worrying about that one!

DG