Post Thanks / Like

T28 and water pipe??

Ive fitted my t28 today but have come accross a problem, the long metal water pipe that comes out of the back of the head and feeds the heater matrix is getting in the way when i try and fit my compressor oulet adapter, dont have any pics at the mo to show what i mean but some of you others who have fitted t28's may be able to help me out with this one, how do i get round this as its pickling my head, lol, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: T28 and water pipe??

I'm guessing this is the standard compressor adapter that comes with the 200sx? You can chop the water pipe on the back of the head and fit a 90 degree silicone so you have enough clearance over.
    Could rotate the turbo housing a bit so the inlet part sits lower, but you would have to drill and tap new holes for the actuator.
    Also I think there are some aftermarket adapters that don't seem to be along as the standard one, they could be an option?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks trix ill have a closer look when i next go to me garage, ill trim the water pipe down a bit and i may be able to rotate the compressor side slightly without it messing with the actuator much if you know what i mean. thanks again, Tim

Post Thanks / Like

oh ive just realised what you mean by cutting the rear water pipe,lol, do you mean cut it about half inch from head and put a 90 degree bend in then put cut off piece into other end of 90 degree bend??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REGGY5GT View Post
    oh ive just realised what you mean by cutting the rear water pipe,lol, do you mean cut it about half inch from head and put a 90 degree bend in then put cut off piece into other end of 90 degree bend??
    Pretty much, i had it as a sort of s bend (so i had to 90 degree bends in so i cleared the top of the turbo)using an old gtt water hose.

Post Thanks / Like

i get you now, pretty simple when you think of it,lol, i dont suppose you have any close up pics of yours trix as ide like to see how im going to run my afm pipe and a few other bits n bobs, thnx

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same kind of problem but for different reasons. cut the pipe coming out of the head in half and joined the two pieces back together with a piece of hose long enough to get it out of the way.(phills idea)