Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

laguna 1.9 dci 120 diesel

Charlotte is looking at a low mileage lauguna, 55reg, 48k 1.9 120hp dci, anyone got any pointers on these cars?? Ie what to look out for? to make sure whats been done??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: laguna 1.9 dci 120 diesel

Anybody know how much a rough cost for replacing all the belts and a good service is on the above...

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1501?logcode=p

Just letting members know to be carefull of the above car, I suspect it to be a ringer/clocked car.... many reasosns for this chassic number tampered with ( + interior stickers with chassis number on it looked brand spanking new), number plates are from a show plate website (but been made to look like it had renault dealer details on - the dealership have no records of the car on their database), unterior is shot looks like its done 240k not 48k on the clocks, also "solid paint work" car was heavily keyed all over bonnet and down one side...

be warned boys and girls, we have since brought a 07 ford focus Ghia, 1.8 tdci 15k on the clock, from a friend who works at Ford.... best bit it, it has a tow bar...

Post Thanks / Like

why would anyone bother clocking / ringing a 6 year old laguna for two and a half grand?!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i thought, but the car was a shed, very dodgy, the chassis numbers being played with and fake renault number plate are big warning signs....let alone the huge key marks down the side...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I paid the garage to do the belts on my 54 Laguna DCI 1.9 DCI, Simpley as i am not working on the car its a dirty derv.

The Belt kit cost me £85 with aux belt, and the lads charged me £100 fitting. Not too bad.

Great Cars just make sure the oil is changed every 10,000 miles not he crazy 18000 the dealers say!!!

The Cars are great but the turbos do fail ( due to oil issues )

Post Thanks / Like

they can tend to pull either to left or right due to either worn wishbones or gearbox trouble . .