Post Thanks / Like

Megane Scenic

Looking into buying one of these as it's a PITA to get the 3 kids in the back of the MGZR & the megane has 3 dedicated seats with isofix points. Anybody know anything about them, we are looking at the newer shape thats not much bigger than a car MPV I think they call them. 2003>
    I seem to remember something about a faulty dash or something.
    http://www.autoweb.co.uk/compupix/re...ol_2030655.jpg

Not sure wether to go for the 1.9D or the petrol engines. The wife wants the 2L T
    Last edited by 5teve L; 03-01-2011 at 16:40.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megane Scenic

Girlfriends mum and dad have had a 1.9d since new.great car, no problems apart from the dashboard failure last year. Renault replaced this for about £100 I think.Rumours were Renault wouldn't replace the dashboard at this knock down price in an import. Saying that they bought there's brand new, imported from Ireland as it saved ££££, and Renault didn't say anything when replacing the faulty dashboard.

Post Thanks / Like

if the dash goes then you will have to pay £100 and renault will pay the rest.

also check that the heater blower works on all speeds because they suffer from burning the resistors out which can b expensive (dash out)

other than that there not bad cars

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Window regulators, ignition coils, dashboards, heater resistors, deisel egr valves, electric handbrakes.... The list goes on. Avoid the auto like the plague....I hate the scenics in phase 2 form!
    I have a megane scenic (first shape second phase) on 03 plate....Better car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt5 View Post
    Window regulators, ignition coils, dashboards, heater resistors, deisel egr valves, electric handbrakes.... The list goes on. Avoid the auto like the plague....I hate the scenics in phase 2 form!
    spoken like a true renault tech

Post Thanks / Like

We had one (early one W I think), the wife drove it about 5 times & we had to sell it as she didn't like the driving feel at all. To boaty for her & we had the 1.6 sport !
    She hasn't driven one of the phase 2's yet but she already likes the look better & they don't seem as high ?

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair all the scenics are poo, sorry matt. But at least its not a
    espace

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newbstar* View Post
    To be fair all the scenics are poo, sorry matt. But at least its not a
    espace
    Very true, they are shocking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Looking into buying one of these as it's a PITA to get the 3 kids in the back of the MGZR & they have 3 dedicated seats with isofix points. Anybody know anything about them, we are looking at the newer shape thats not much bigger than a car MPV I think they call them. 2003>
    I seem to remember something about a faulty dash or something.
    http://www.autoweb.co.uk/compupix/re...ol_2030655.jpg

Not sure wether to go for the 1.9D or the petrol engines. The wife wants the 2L T
    What ZR is it?

Post Thanks / Like

What ZR is it?
    2l TD 02 plate 5dr ZR in trophy yellow, why ?

It's a good car but we need something higher up so it's easy to strap all 3 in the back or something with 3 dedicated seats (which makes it alot easier TBH)

Post Thanks / Like

'cos we were thinking of getting a smaller car and getting rid of our scenic.
    Late ZR vvc/civic type r/ toledo cupra is the sort of thing/size we are after.

Post Thanks / Like

'cos we were thinking of getting a smaller car and getting rid of our scenic.
    Late ZR vvc/civic type r/ toledo cupra is the sort of thing/size we are after.
    TBH, I think we will regret selling it, it has given us no probs apart from a chipped windscreen & a blown tyre from a pothole, gone through both MOT's while we've had it without advisories as well !
    Due a service as we speak though....

Post Thanks / Like

i've got an R reg megane scenic, and its pretty reliable. - best £380 i've ever spent, courtesy of ebay. i have been running it on 17" toora's until recently, and it handled quite well. - now ive changed back to 14's and its gone very boat like. lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    i've got an R reg megane scenic, and its pretty reliable. - best £380 i've ever spent, courtesy of ebay. i have been running it on 17" toora's until recently, and it handled quite well. - now ive changed back to 14's and its gone very boat like. lol!
    I'll mention that to the wife, maybe she'll look at them again

Post Thanks / Like

they were 40 profile rubbers on the 17's.
    the 14" wheels have 75 profiles!!!