Post Thanks / Like

About b18ft with head from 1.8 16v Clio

Hello Guys

Today one guy told me that he put Head from renault clio 1.8 16v to a b18ft engine. Not really sure if it's true. I make some research and i found that the difference in the pistons is 1mm.

Can any one give me advise because i think to put this head from clio 16v to my engine.

Thanks Joseph

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About b18ft with head from 1.8 16v Clio

Why not just buy a F7p engine...?
    You can pick one up just as cheap as buying just a Clio/R19 16v head, loom etc....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt5 View Post
    Why not just buy a F7p engine...?
    You can pick one up just as cheap as buying just a Clio/R19 16v head, loom etc....
    Agree mate, if you thinking of going 16v just fit a 16v engine.

Also don't think the blocks are completely identical from 8v to 16v, if you did manage to fit 16v head to volvo block you would have very low compression. The Volvo engine use's very large dished piston as the head has no combustion chamber, the 16v head has a combustion chamber so combining the 2 will drop the comp ratio so much.

Post Thanks / Like

At the moment the compression ratio is 8;1. Any idea what it will be with 16v head. And on this occasion the engine will handle something like 1.4-5 bars I think.

If i go for 16v engine the piston didn't manage as much as the b18ft ones. And i will need to put different ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ioshi_s_golf View Post
    At the moment the compression ratio is 8;1. Any idea what it will be with 16v head. And on this occasion the engine will handle something like 1.4-5 bars I think.

If i go for 16v engine the piston didn't manage as much as the b18ft ones. And i will need to put different ones.
    I'll be testing that, I'm getting some standard pistons machined down by Scoff & plan on running 1 bar minimum with the hope of maybe going a little more, CR should be around 8.5:1 if all goes well according to his calc's .... with the right turbo this should see 250+ bhp (should be more with a GT28RS sized turbo)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ioshi_s_golf View Post

It'll be so low not worth thinking about.

If you want to go 16v i'd fit F7P lump mate, yes you will need to mod pidtons in the F7P to run boost but you will need to anyway as its not a turbo engine to start with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    I'll be testing that, I'm getting some standard pistons machined down by Scoff & plan on running 1 bar minimum with the hope of maybe going a little more, CR should be around 8.5:1 if all goes well according to his calc's .... with the right turbo this should see 250+ bhp (should be more with a GT28RS sized turbo)
    Thanks for the info mate

Post Thanks / Like

Hello guys, can anybody give me web site of racing big end shell bearings and main shell bearings. Thanks for b18ft

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

renault items are as good as any other

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Blocky did this a good few years ago on Si's clio... I don't think it was a straight forward conversion tho. Scoff might be able to confirm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    I think Blocky did this a good few years ago on Si's clio... I don't think it was a straight forward conversion tho. Scoff might be able to confirm.
    Yes it will be nice and can you tell me which model and which engine

Thanks

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

The block is different, oilways don't line up, or something like that. Blocky had to have the 16v head welded up and machined, then piston choice was critical because of the afore mentioned compression ratio stuff. You couldn't use the volvo pistons. All in all, don't bother, just turbo the 16v engine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    The block is different, oilways don't line up, or something like that. Blocky had to have the 16v head welded up and machined, then piston choice was critical because of the afore mentioned compression ratio stuff. You couldn't use the volvo pistons. All in all, don't bother, just turbo the 16v engine.
    Thank you Scoff, can you give me examples of racing big and main shells for b18ft

Thanks