Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

XMAS TREAT - Step by Step Pictures of Tarmac Trasher's Crash at this years ND

As a special XMAS treat (& it's been long enough now for Nick to get over it) I thought I'd post the pictures on here of Nick's horrendous crash at this years ND at Mallory Park.

A thread on the crash is HERE

Don't want to see anything more like this happening to RTOC members, so please slow down in this icy weather guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMAS TREAT - Step by Step Pictures of Tarmac Trasher's Crash at this years ND

Holy moly.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMAS TREAT - Step by Step Pictures of Tarmac Trasher's Crash at this years ND

Lucky (putting it mildly) lad - Could've been a worse outcome than that. Thankfully not though

Post Thanks / Like

F***.......thats a mental crash! very lucky indeed! and major injuries?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

your are the most luckyest bloke walking away from that. someone was looking down on you that day. thank god your still here mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job you weren't in the cabrio. Although I doubt you would have been pushing it as hard!?

Either way.. very lucky man!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

still cannot believe he walked out without major injuries lucky man

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Blimey!! Did he lose it on the pit straight then?

Post Thanks / Like

F&*k Me!!! did'nt realise i drove up the barrier!!

Looks alot worth than i remember from the inside. First time i've seen these pictures....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    Blimey!! Did he lose it on the pit straight then?
    Cut devils elbow to tight/fast and it put me across track as i came onto main straight. throught i had hit the rumble strip and stayed on the track, however i had gone over it so wheels were on the track/grass, back end went sideway, i hit the brake, front o/s dug into the grass and i took off sideways across the track!!! I remember it went quiet as it took off for a second and then "smash" as it landed on its roof and side as it ploughed the grass. Roll/roll crunch,smash and stop. I looked about for a seconds or so and thought "opps" then climbed out the passenger window.

Planning to put a bit of a file together as i have footage of me chasing big steve before i binned it. above photo's , RTOC news , me on a spine board in hospital etc.

My injuries were a sore neck and a bruise on my left knee! ( and my pride )

Just looked again at the pictures and you can see big steve in the back ground in the vag clio
    Last edited by Nick k; 27-12-2010 at 22:33.

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac trasher - Nick View Post

Just looked again at the pictures and you can see big steve in the back ground in the vag clio
    And Bill J?

Post Thanks / Like

6th pic down, note the either loose in the car helmet about to fly out, or nicks heads about to leave the sunroof

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    6th pic down, note the either loose in the car helmet about to fly out, or nicks heads about to leave the sunroof
    Thats my head!! Standard road car with normal seat belts ect! I would of nutted the sun roof if it was still there ( Goose in TopGun )

Post Thanks / Like

crazy seeing them pics.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

NICK what you putting on track at Mallory at the next National day or has that put you off.

Post Thanks / Like

thats gutting to look at let alone be the owner of her. congratulations on still being alive!!

Post Thanks / Like

when i was on track last year, that's exactly what i thought i might end up doing.

luckily i didn't, was my first track day experience so didn't want to push my luck. if i get the chance i would like to go out with an instructor so i can drive it as it was meant to be driven. lack of confidence and kuhmo tyres saw me back right off on the entrance to the hairpin up to the start of the start/finish straight.

next year if i'm feeling brave and we end up at mallory i might see if i can build up the courage to ask for a passenger lap with one of you track day veterans

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

one bloody lucky person.....two words, roll and cage..., could happen to anyone! which only enforces my statement..im just glad ole nick can laugh at it now..

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    one bloody lucky person.....two words, roll and cage..., could happen to anyone! which only enforces my statement..im just glad ole nick can laugh at it now..
    Chop chop and sell me your safety device cage....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

To ease you back into trackdays Nick and put you at ease i will take you round a few laps at mallory

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bod 182 View Post
    NICK what you putting on track at Mallory at the next National day or has that put you off.
    The sh%t Green clio with the B18ft in it that i broke at 15.30pm at mallory last year, thats why i was out in the other clio (RIP), just need to finish off the roll cage and its set. Needs a bigger turbo on it too as its not producing enough bhp for my liking!!

Im also toying with building a track 5 and transplanting all the stuff out the green clio into it as im not too happy with the body of the clio (Rush) The body shell of the blue clio that got smashed up was mint/rush free and it does make me wonder if it would of been a different outcome if it was in the same condition of the green clio!

Don't think its put me off?? won't know until i go back out on track next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bod 182 View Post
    To ease you back into trackdays Nick and put you at ease i will take you round a few laps at mallory
    Thanks for the offer

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps getting one or two instructors to the 2011 ND would be a popular move?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    Perhaps getting one or two instructors to the 2011 ND would be a popular move?
    That would be

Trader
    Trackaction-Online

Post Thanks / Like

If any of the staff want to contact me about this I can sort it for you.

Post Thanks / Like

No crash is nice to see,and the pic's are just . This one had the happiest on ending's and Nick can still post and talk to us all...

It's kind of a good thing you knew what happened and how it went wrong...It's a harsh learning curve and not the easy way but at least you know the reason it happened and big enough not to just blame the car like an F1 driver,big respect fior that Nick ...

Anyone who know's me will know I'm happy to take passengers out all day, Some also know I don't mind sitting along side anyone who ask's ...It's easier to talk someone round the track and point out do's and dont's and it's easier to point out things from inside a car ...whether your a first time novice or a track veteran we can all still learn a little ...
    IF anyone want's a ride my car's easy to spot....
    IF anyone need's a passenger I'm more than happy to help..just ask, I may look a grumpy old fart but I'm harmless.....

offers out to one and all...always will be..Mallory or elsewhere .