Post Thanks / Like

campus filler conversion?

converted my filler neck to campus tonight as i always catch the res tank on certain bumps in my town,lol, now, there are two pipes that come off the reserve tank, 1-coming direct off the top to the big breather pipe and 2nd-going from little res pump towards sender, ive blanked both is this ok or do they need to go certain places??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: campus filler conversion?

you catch your reserve tank on certain bumps,what you driving over for god sake?
    Dislikes Steven Leece disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i took mine off as its pointless, renault could have just made the main tank 5 ltr bigger ,, i just blanked them pipes off m8 ( bent over and zip tie)

Post Thanks / Like

trust, theres some viscous bumps at weird angles in my town, n thanks dan yeh ive blanked the pipes with a couple of bolts and zipties and tucked them away.

Post Thanks / Like

im sure they are breather pipes just trying to remember how i connected them up when i done the campus neck mod on mine as i never blanked them off

if you have the haines manual there are 2 pictures in there i believe one with the reserve tank in place and one without the reserve tank and i used this diagram to work out which pipe went to were hope this helps in anyway mate

phil

Post Thanks / Like

hi phil, yeh i had a look in the haynes at the two different setups, now the top reserve tank pipe T's into the large breather pipe on the top of the main tank so i blanked that as it breaths up to the cap anyway and the other little pipe goes from the res auxiallry pump and T's in near the fuel sender i also blanked that pipe aswel and it seems to run ok, do you know what that pipe is near the sender that the res tank pump pumps to??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REGGY5GT View Post
    hi phil, yeh i had a look in the haynes at the two different setups, now the top reserve tank pipe T's into the large breather pipe on the top of the main tank so i blanked that as it breaths up to the cap anyway and the other little pipe goes from the res auxiallry pump and T's in near the fuel sender i also blanked that pipe aswel and it seems to run ok, do you know what that pipe is near the sender that the res tank pump pumps to??
    christ off the top of my head mate i dont have a clue

Post Thanks / Like

lol, no worries mate, if i start getting loads of vacuum in my tank or a strong smell of petrol then ill know ive gone wrong,

Post Thanks / Like

The pipe to the sender is the pumped feed to the tank. It is also feed off to another breather on the top of the tank. Blocking it off causes the pipe to effectively be as the Campus set up.