Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: clio 172 (time for some boost)

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Feel free to get a template knocked up of those SC brackets me old fruit
    lol funny you say that, when i get to changing mine with a different material design ill possibly ask around and see whos intrested, no promises tho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    lol funny you say that, when i get to changing mine with a different material design ill possibly ask around and see whos intrested, no promises tho
    Give us a shout if you need some mates rates on either laster cutting or machining

DG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    Put me down for a set mate. You scratch my back & all that...

Post Thanks / Like

I dug out some paperwork for the brackets and it states 6082 Ali as the material?

Post Thanks / Like

my damaged bracket shoul dbe back with me in the next few days, the cad drawings are being modded to add extra strength to the part that broke then ill get them sent off for a price to be made in zinc plated steel.

had a bit of a downer last night, went out to the car to start taking a few bits off and found a small puddle of traction fluid under the super charger not good atall, ive taken it off and it going off to tts at silverstone as there the main rotrex people in the uk and i have a mate that works there. odd thing is none of the people there have heard of one leaking from where mine is. i really really hope it can be fixed foc or for a small charge i really hope its not a huge bill as im a pikey and have spent the car fund on some new bits.

all being well ill be starting a slow build of another engine next week, probably going to take a while, tho should be worth it as im sure my engine will comit suicide soon and itll be built to take some more abuse and boost need to speak to a few people in the know before i decide on the final spec tho for now itll still keep the stock cams

Post Thanks / Like

well its been a bit of a bad few weeks tbh, the supercharger has destroyed itself internalycurrently trying to get a replacement but rotrex can be a pain to work with and dont cover oil contamination. the cause is either contamination causing a bearing to fail and **** itself or the bearing **** itself then contaminated all the oil. this then took out the internal oil pump. im not confident ill get another one and funds are very tight at the moment so i wont be able to replace it any time soon. i did have the bracket fixed and strengthened but thats just sat in the foot well at the mo as without a charger i have no use for it atall. on top of that the new runabout i got to use while the clio was off the road blew itself up within 3 days lol. back to the multi coloured auto corsa

if i cant get a new charger chances are ill either break or sell the clio off and start something again over the winter i guess. even with all the joy it gives me to build and drive im getting very tired of having to fix or fund it, kit car with all sandard from the scrap yard parts could be a new direction for me

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone interested in the bracket setup from my car? I'll even include the idler pullies and correct length belt. Cars been sold stock to make way for a new project. Will get some pics and chuck up a for sale add in the next few days but pm me if you want them