Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

help a one legged man and a megane

right ive been suppoused to be fixing the missus 03 plate megane wit the bum. But i now have a massive problem a busted leg in a full length cast.

Ive need to get the alternator off and get it to an auto electricians to see if it can be repaired.

Do you guys think it would be a do able job for a friend that doesnt have much mechanical knowledge? Only thing im really worried about is the tensioning of the belt. Or is it not going to be that simple lol.

Any help would be massivley appreciated cheers

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: help a one legged man and a megane

went and had a look at getting the alt off with my m8 took the top bolt off and the suppourt bracket bolt off. Then we got stuck with the bottom bolt, it is un screwed but the bolt is long so whe you go to pull it out it hits the chassis leg. Does anyone know how to combat this or any ideas?

Or if anybody would have any dialogy pics that would be great. I am thinking about cutting the bolt to get the alt to the repair shop. But then will b stuck about getting it back in. Cheers

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

fetch o/s mount off and jack the engine ?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

that was also the next plan. i hadnt really got round to looking to much as im a bit restricted lol. just really not wanting to pay a garage for a job i know i could do if i didnt have my leg in cast. thanks bud