Post Thanks / Like

Tempature gauage

Right guys just after abit of help really.Ive just finshed my prima racing 1.7 conversion but i seem to be getting quite high water tempature readings on my gauage.

I have fitted a new pace alloy rad and 82'c stat but the gauage sits above half way when driving even is this weather.Was wondering if you guys think i could be a dodgy temp transmitter.Ive spoke to markey mark and he thinks this could be the case or the fact i need to fit a gt turbo temp transmitter to match the gauage.Just after a few more peoples views before i change the transmitter.

Many Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempature gauage

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON18 View Post
    Right guys just after abit of help really.Ive just finshed my prima racing 1.7 conversion but i seem to be getting quite high water tempature readings on my gauage.

I have fitted a new pace alloy rad and 82'c stat but the gauage sits above half way when driving even is this weather.Was wondering if you guys think i could be a dodgy temp transmitter.Ive spoke to markey mark and he thinks this could be the case or the fact i need to fit a gt turbo temp transmitter to match the gauage.Just after a few more peoples views before i change the transmitter.

Many Thanks
    Marks right. Either change the temp sender or live with it, fan kicks in near the top of the gauge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrixNFlix View Post
    Marks right. Either change the temp sender or live with it, fan kicks in near the top of the gauge.
    Yeah i'll give that a try then as i dont really want to live with it the way it is.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem with my 5 gtx b18ft, i changed my volvo b18ft temp transmitter to the gtx transmitte, sorted