Post Thanks / Like

wiring issues

hi all just wondered if anyone can help or has had this problem before got to a stage in my project build and i have hit a brick wall i cannot get any indicators to work front or back and i also cannot get any rear stop and tail lights on but my head lights are working fine as i have side lights main beam and full beam i will have another check with a test light next week just wondered if anyone has any advise

one thing that is strange is if i have the ignition on but the head lights off i get one rear drivers side stop light on only and nothing else but if i disconect the break cable on the pedal the light goes out any ideas would be great

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wiring issues

sounds like a bad earth with regards to the brake pedal.

im pretty sure that the indicators run through the hazard light switch, and then to the flasher relay in the fusebox, then to the clear/white multiplugs in the kick panels

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You have put bulbs in haven't you Phil

Phil, as said on phone you have worked out you have live feeds to all
    the lights, the only thing I can think is the problem is bad earth points or a dodgey / split wire or bad connections.

I will try and pop up soon, just need to sort my 5 out this coming monday (spending the day putting 5 back together and sorting other niggly bits aswell) also next week helping Steve out with valver conversion then hopefully come upto if you haven't sorted it by then and give you a hand matey.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil another thought, I know you have removed the side repeaters but what did you do with the wires?

I swear the side repeaters need to be in place to complete the cicruit if they are not I know it will stop that side from working properly as had a similar prob on clints car side repeater bulb blew and normally i would expect fast flashing but for some reason it stopped that side of the car indicators work until replaced the bulb, then all was fine.

Post Thanks / Like

i now have some tools courtesy of a tech at work so i will hopefully be a bit more
    Successful in solving the f**king wiring fault over the weekend or early next week

Post Thanks / Like

all sorted silly problems now done break light switch on pedal needed adjusting phase 1 mike indicators now sorted to sh*ty connections and and hazard relay missing

now all lights working spot on cheers all for your inputs