Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My winter project

Think we may need some adapters made up for fitting a stronger box !
    Gutted to be pulling my lump out over something stupid, still not sure WTF it could be
    I may run a valver box with clocks as well as my box is shot anyway..

Post Thanks / Like

Steve/James I have a high boost chipped ecu I could send for both of you to try? I know it def works on my one as it was a running lump in the shell when I bought it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5 rich View Post
    Steve/James I have a high boost chipped ecu I could send for both of you to try? I know it def works on my one as it was a running lump in the shell when I bought it.
    Got mine priming off the ecu, not sure I have a spark yet as I can crank the bugger. James should know sooner than me as he's nearly done now.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5 rich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Got mine priming off the ecu, not sure I have a spark yet as I can crank the bugger. James should know sooner than me as he's nearly done now.
    Mine primes of the Phase 1 High boost ECU also, and she cranks on the starter, I just need to get the ******* to spark which I think is down to 1 of the 3 wires I have left to do, cheers Steve for advising me last night on the wiring and finding that 2 of my clio relays were fecked.

Post Thanks / Like

steve is it a 215mm flywheel on the lump? if so have you changed the starter as the teeth are different, just trying to think of anything it may be. or flywheel catching on something iirc there is a dowel on the box that needs moving when changing from 200mm to 215mm flywheel can anyone confirm this?

Post Thanks / Like

it may even be a threaded stud that needs removing cant really remember

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCHWARTZ View Post
    steve is it a 215mm flywheel on the lump? if so have you changed the starter as the teeth are different, just trying to think of anything it may be. or flywheel catching on something iirc there is a dowel on the box that needs moving when changing from 200mm to 215mm flywheel can anyone confirm this?

I think the f7p is 200mm and yeah the gtt locating dowel needs to come out for it to engage well mine did.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, today took engine out, split it, found the problem... stupid dowel on the back of the gearbox can't believe it would lock the engine but it was.
    Engine back in, wired up just need to charge the battery as my pack was flat as well, but car cranks ok. Need to get a throttlebody adapter plate, split the drivers ball joint & pop the driveshaft onto the box, crank it for a bit longer to get the oil pump primed & then fire it up & watch it smoke like a biatch..

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, today took engine out, split it, found the problem... stupid dowel on the back of the gearbox can't believe it would lock the engine but it was.
    Engine back in, wired up just need to charge the battery as my pack was flat as well, but car cranks ok. Need to get a throttlebody adapter plate, split the drivers ball joint & pop the driveshaft onto the box, crank it for a bit longer to get the oil pump primed & then fire it up & watch it smoke like a biatch..

Good news matey at least it was something simple matey

Hope you don't have the problem's I have when yours finally runs.

Post Thanks / Like

The offending 'dowel' & the engine split, hopefully for the last time....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Well it ran today... briefly before I had to pull the battery lead off
    Didn't have any hoses on the inlet nor the throttlebody attached to the inlet so it revved a bit high , scared the out of me. Luckily it wasn't bouncing off the rev limiter, I reckon about 3500rpms for a second or 2 so hopefully no damage done
    Will be fitting all the hoses on now I know it runs

Post Thanks / Like

Good work matey, glad it's all going the right way for one of us My engine is back on the front garden on the engine stand

Post Thanks / Like

Small update, I had a throttlebody adapter made, hopefully it will do the job. Also had to order a different throttle cable as the 19 one has a different end to the clio & I'm having to use a clio throttle body due to the 19 just clamping on with clips & not bolts
    Hope to have it ready next week, just waiting on a few more hoses to finish off.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Small update, I had a throttlebody adapter made, hopefully it will do the job. Also had to order a different throttle cable as the 19 one has a different end to the clio & I'm having to use a clio throttle body due to the 19 just clamping on with clips & not bolts
    Hope to have it ready next week, just waiting on a few more hoses to finish off.

Adaptor looks good matey, cheers for the assitance tonight might have to sell my adaptor and get me one of those jobbies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    Adaptor looks good matey, cheers for the assitance tonight might have to sell my adaptor and get me one of those jobbies
    He has another ready to go as I said you may

Post Thanks / Like

After a few set backs there is now a working F7P in the car, just need to tidy a few bits up, fill the gearbox & away she goes !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCHWARTZ View Post
    glad you got it all sorted now matey

Post Thanks / Like

The car goes surprisingly well in N/A form, nippy & likes to rev, sadly though it hasn't changed my mind about this car & it is up for sale......... can't wait to get on with the 19 project now though !

Post Thanks / Like

The car goes surprisingly well in N/A form, nippy & likes to rev, sadly though it hasn't changed my mind about this car & it is up for sale......... can't wait to get on with the 19 project now though !

I was suprised how nippy they are in N/A form after being in your 19 was very suprised, you wait til you get a turbo bolted on it's very nice. Roll on project 19 sleeper