Post Thanks / Like

would like to run 17psi

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

will i get 16 -17 psi safely at manifold out of t2 turbocharger with double cap alloy intercooler with 130 main jet & 100 air corrector jet? also if that will be ok where do you buy the jets and corrector from, cos thats all i will be missing.
    cheers knowledgable freinds, any advice is nice

Post Thanks / Like

Re: would like to run 17psi

Around the 16-17psi on the standard T2 will be the limit for me personally, also you will want to see what the fueling is like at the pressure too you'll need some sort of AFR gauge on the car to see what its like and then you can mod the carb from there.

Your carb spec at the moment i'd say the main jet is too large for the pressure, a standard 1.2mm should be fine. Also you'll prob have to drill the 2nd stage jet out alittle so it'll fuel nicely on boost, but as mentioned before really need to see what its actualy doing no point in guessing it.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry bud i wasnt very clear about my carb was i, i dont yet have those size jets, i was just seeing what people in the know thought about that setup, i currently have the standard solex dis32 carb with the jets it came with on the car.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree With Mark I wouldn't take a T2 over 16psi manifold, and with ref to carb jets no 2 cars are the same. So you would need to invest in a decent wideband kit and see what your car is currently doing before you change any jets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris290582 View Post

sorry bud i wasnt very clear about my carb was i, i dont yet have those size jets, i was just seeing what people in the know thought about that setup, i currently have the standard solex dis32 carb with the jets it came with on the car.
    Ah i see, best thing to do is see how your car fuels at 16psi and then mod the standard carb from there.

As a very rough guide i would leave main jet standard and you'd prob have to drill 2nd stage out 0.1-0.2 bigger then standard and poss a slight reduction in ac jet size. Best way is to check it with AFR as mentioned before.

Post Thanks / Like

would it be better if i just took it to a rolling road station to be setup,?
    or is a wideband kit a better idea, sorry for the quiz guys its just they seem v expensive though im sure theyr worth it.
    the car hasnt been on the road yet since ive bought it as a project, i just want to set it up as best as i can before i venture out in it.

Post Thanks / Like

would it be better if i just took it to a rolling road station to be setup,?
    or is a wideband kit a better idea, sorry for the quiz guys its just they seem v expensive though im sure theyr worth it.
    the car hasnt been on the road yet since ive bought it as a project, i just want to set it up as best as i can before i venture out in it.

I very much doubt a rolling road will remember how to tune a carb nowadays, prob best getting someone like Markey mark to take a look at it with his wideband kit or Finding someone in your local area whom could help. I think Spooky is not to far from you as is Adey

Post Thanks / Like

I echo the above, get somebody in the know to spend a couple of hours to get it right nd check the afrs, they chuck them some beer/breakfast/lunch and dinner token

Post Thanks / Like

will any afr gauge do? ive seen some on google shopping for like 20 - 30 quid or are they not really very accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

will any afr gauge do? ive seen some on google shopping for like 20 - 30 quid or are they not really very accurate.
    As it determine how well your car is running and if its in any damger of leaning out ( and risk of breaking it) i'd get the best one you can afford.

If can't afford one then sure we could help you out by doing it for you, although i will say ca does need to be drivien to set it up correctly for boost.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

t2 at 17 psi

t2/t25 at 17psi

Post Thanks / Like

t2/t25 which bit is which on that? is it the housing from the t2? sorry my friend i still learning this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

t2 turbine(hot side) and t25 compressor(cold) if getting an afr gauge youll need a wideband one narrow band are no good.

Post Thanks / Like

Something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-GAUGE-6-in...ht_3935wt_1139

Post Thanks / Like

look at the ones scoff is selling good bit of kit

Post Thanks / Like

thank you all this is very good information, im going to save for a few weeks and buy the AEM wideband sensor.

Post Thanks / Like

and a new turbo

T2 wont last that long at that boost pressure.

mine didnt and i ran slightley less.

1bar@ manifold is enough.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

t2/t25 which bit is which on that? is it the housing from the t2? sorry my friend i still learning this stuff.

like SCHWARTZ says.. i ran my old car with a t2 for years and had a new t2/t25 in the garage, but was to lazy to fit it until i sold it to the new owner.. its a different animal..

i've been kicking myself ever since, why oh why didn't i fit it sooner..

Post Thanks / Like

hehehe, I've got one on my red five pulls really well at that boost, I'm going to strip the back raise the rear and put 13's back on, job done/ track perfection right there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrightygtt View Post
    hehehe, I've got one on my red five pulls really well at that boost, I'm going to strip the back raise the rear and put 13's back on, job done/ track perfection right there
    is it difficult to raise the rear up? my unfinished project that ive bought was way too low i feel at the back,
    https://www.rtoc.org/boards/attachmen...1&d=1287642955
    i would like to raise it a bit if its not too difficult.
    or, does that look ok?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Hi mate I'm the wrong person to ask, mines probably quite a bit lower

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave j gtt View Post
    and a new turbo

T2 wont last that long at that boost pressure.

mine didnt and i ran slightley less.

1bar@ manifold is enough.
    ok thanks i will have about 500.00 to get one with at the end of the month will i need to buy a reconditioned one or something for that kind of money or am i way off?

Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks i will have about 500.00 to get one with at the end of the month will i need to buy a reconditioned one or something for that kind of money or am i way off?

Mate for £500 you could prob get new matey, speak with Adam L on here he works for Turbo Developments and they have supplied alot of us with good turbo's.

With ref to raising the rear of the car it's pretty straight forward on the 5, merely a case of pushing the torsion bars out each side (1 per side) so the splines are showing and then just a case of moving the rear trailing up for lowering and pushing it down to raise the car a tad.

Use a measure and measure before you start and then raise increase the gap to get the raise level you want. Remember you may need to adjust the rear brake bias

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    Mate for £500 you could prob get new matey, speak with Adam L on here he works for Turbo Developments and they have supplied alot of us with good turbo's.

With ref to raising the rear of the car it's pretty straight forward on the 5, merely a case of pushing the torsion bars out each side (1 per side) so the splines are showing and then just a case of moving the rear trailing up for lowering and pushing it down to raise the car a tad.

Use a measure and measure before you start and then raise increase the gap to get the raise level you want. Remember you may need to adjust the rear brake bias
    ok thats wicked i will speak with adam at the end of the month about getting the turbo and i will buy the wideband kit the week after that. in between this i can still be carrying on with the body prep.. all good fun innit? btw all advice much appriciated

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.crturbos.co.uk/index.php

i got mone from here m8 for around £460

Post Thanks / Like

What would be the max safe psi i could run on a t2/25 with a standard carb / cam etc ?,
    its currently set to 13 and i feel its a bit of a waist of boosing fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan y View Post
    What would be the max safe psi i could run on a t2/25 with a standard carb / cam etc ?,
    its currently set to 13 and i feel its a bit of a waist of boosing fun.
    without any additional fueling id say 13 is around the safe limit, but even then id want to check those afr's.

Get somebody with the gear to help you out and get it up to 18psi