Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clutch cable problem

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Sorted it.

Marks idea fixed it, I took the stop out & it tensioned ok, I put it back & it slacked off again so I filed a few mm off & hey presto, tight cable & stays ok when I depress the clutch
    Still feels a little poppy though but I'll see how it is once I get hte car started.

Just need to sort the acc cable, carb gaskets & then put all the hoses on tomorrow.
    & my saftey devices cage should be here tomorrow as well

Wicked mate glad you got it sorted.... They must of changed the cable design cause I'm sure the one I got the other day was flush?? But looking at this https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=588&page=8 Would suggest that that's how they are.. post 361

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah wierd, I only filed about 2-3mm off & it now allows the ratchet to set...

Post Thanks / Like

Strange fix but least it works, i was suprised too when i did it on car before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Strange fix but least it works, i was suprised too when i did it on car before.
    As per PM mate, thanks alot, that one would have had me for weeks for sure.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you finally got it sorted matey

Can't believe after all that it was down to the clutch pedal stop need to be filled down a few mm

So by slightly flattening the curved section on the clutch pedal stop (the white plastic stop), it aloud it to click one more time on the ratchet and that is enought to make the clutch pedal work properly so weird how it used to work before and that was the remedy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Yeah wierd, I only filed about 2-3mm off & it now allows the ratchet to set...
    think some folk have used a brake block as in bicycle brake block,thread already there an it just slots through the plastic stop locator hole,may have to trim it down.

also to add i am really happy with my long arm off the volvo,as well as an easier pedal i think the win comes with the cable will last longer as its not under so much stress with the old set up??...sounds correct in theory..

glad its sorted bud...get her fired up!!!!

J